Stayin Alive

Shaw Taylor

Guest Keith Pett

Shaw Taylors born in Hackeney His real name was Eric Taylor my mum used to walk him to school along with my uncle Ron Cornish still alive & well living in corwall I am sure there is more to tell for any body who is really interested

Glad to hear that he's still alive but there was a joke about him when I was younger and he was on TV asking us to watch out for stolen goods: "Shaw Taylor's dead. He fell off the back of a lorry."

Glad to hear he's still alive but when he was on the TV warning us to look out for stolen goods there was a joke about him: "Shaw Taylor's dead. He fell off the back of a lorry."

Saw him on 'New Police 5' tonight. He's looked better!

How many Channel 5 viewers even remember him or the original show??

I don't know about the original show but if they remembered how to use the remote control they wouldn't be watching Channel 5.

• Like 3

I don't know about the original show but if they remembered how to use the remote control they wouldn't be watching Channel 5.

It used to have the odd interesting non-imported show but since Dirty Desmond got his mitts on it there's hardly been a single original programme on there

It used to have the odd interesting non-imported show but since Dirty Desmond got his mitts on it there's hardly been a single original programme on there

Well someone's going to look a little stupid after reading what I just found on Wikipedia:

New programming for 2011 included a series titled Candy Bar Girls based on the lives of young lesbian women in a bar in London's Soho district.[17] 2011 also saw Justin Lee Collins present Living in Las Vegas and The Restaurant Inspector, building on the success of The Hotel Inspector.[18] In 2011, Collins also presented the documentary series, Justin Lee Collins Turning Japanese. Additionally, the four part documentary series, Essex Jungle aired in Spring 2011 focusing on the world of exotic, often dangerous reptiles living in people's homes.[19]

I know a guy who works at the Express. My favourite Desmond story is that he once got so angry with someone who worked in sales that he banned him from wearing a belt in the office as punishment, so he had to keep hitching his trousers up every time he walked more than 15 yards.

Nice guy. Very emotionally stable.

• Like 1

Well someone's going to look a little stupid after reading what I just found on Wikipedia:

New programming for 2011 included a series titled Candy Bar Girls based on the lives of young lesbian women in a bar in London's Soho district.[17] 2011 also saw Justin Lee Collins present Living in Las Vegas and The Restaurant Inspector, building on the success of The Hotel Inspector.[18] In 2011, Collins also presented the documentary series, Justin Lee Collins Turning Japanese. Additionally, the four part documentary series, Essex Jungle aired in Spring 2011 focusing on the world of exotic, often dangerous reptiles living in people's homes.[19]

Was Shaw Taylor in any of those?

Perhaps JLCunt can be Desmond's next rehab project

OOh, i'l miss this guy's presence from the front page so much.....

NOT. lol. GLad to see a much less self-indulgent list from the committee this time. This pick is about the same as me if I was in charge of this page in 30 years time, putting "Kevin Kelly" or Michael Cole from wrestling as a pick....

Still doesnt make up for missing Sutcliffe though.

Another deathlist miss... (though I guess they were close when they chose him in 2014).

Guest Guest

If this had been last year we'd have had 3 hits in the last 10 days ! ( Sam Simon, Terry Pratchett and Shaw taylor). Shame it's not though :(

I felt a pang of sadness this morning seeing the news that Shaw Taylor had passed away. Police 5 was a show that I used to watch regularly as a kid.

I felt a pang of sadness this morning seeing the news that Shaw Taylor had passed away. Police 5 was a show that I used to watch regularly as a kid.

Struggling to find Wiki, BBC or Daily Mirror logging him as dead, can someone post a link?

Struggling to find Wiki, BBC or Daily Mirror logging him as dead, can someone post a link?

On second thoughts, Wiki have just logged it and the bastion of hard news that is his local paper have got there ahead of the red tops:

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/police-5-star-shaw-taylor-dies-at-his-isle-of-wight-home-78560.aspx

On second thoughts, Wiki have just logged it and the bastion of hard news that is his local paper have got there ahead of the red tops:

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/police-5-star-shaw-taylor-dies-at-his-isle-of-wight-home-78560.aspx

Here's one from The Guardian

Guest Guest

I'm too young to remember watching Police 5 but I do vaguely recall seeing Shaw Taylor on tv back in the day.or maybe it was Denis Norden.They do look alike

This is a fucking outrage!!!!

Shaw Taylor FFS, a legend of Police 5 or summat, a man entrenched in British society, a legend, a, a, a, fuggin genius and no TV obit, AFAIK.

Im just hoping we don't find out that he used to use his truncheon in an inappropriate manner........

• Like 2

Shaw Taylor FFS, a legend of Police 5 or summat, a man entrenched in British society, a legend, a, a, a, fuggin genius and no TV obit, AFAIK.

Im just hoping we don't find out that he used to use his truncheon in an inappropriate manner........

Central News will mention him, I'm sure...

Central News will mention him, I'm sure...

Was a contender for my team as a honourary Midlander. I recall with Mike Prince he was the last face on ATV when we migrated to Central.

• Like 1