Wormfarmer

ABC Deadpool V: 2021-22 season

On 31/07/2021 at 02:41, Wormfarmer said:

I'm back among the temporarily living and overdue for an update.

You're welcome to the land of the living.

I've missed you. :(

Hope you're better, @Wormfarmer.

No changes at the top for now.  At least until MariNisia checks my work!  :P

There are no mistakes. You did a fine work with the pocket calculator. :lol:

For your next update... Sister Catherine Wybourne is a duo for @gcreptile and @GuyFromFuture:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2022/02/27/sister-catherine-weybourne-digitalnun-became-force-internet/

Take care, @Wormfarmer;)

• Like 2

Vic Elford is a hit for a couple of us here, under both V and E. (I can only see a part of the list now for some reason so I am not sure how many.); @Wormfarmer

Even though I have not updated in two months, I only have 4 hits to post (that I am aware of). The first is Sister Catherine Wybourne. Then Vic Elford, Miguel Van Damme and Finally, Tom Smith.

@Wormfarmer... Tom Parker was a hit here, too.

He was a popular name for 4 players at the T and P spot:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60934411
Michel Bouquet was a solo hit for @DeathByArsenic:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/apr/22/michel-bouquet

and
Art Rupe was a solo hit for @Death Impends:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18283990/art-rupe-dead-104-specialty-records-little-richard/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much, MariNisia.  I thought I had lost my master chart but I found it on a backup drive.  You are better at vetting the obits than I am for sure!

On 31/07/2021 at 02:42, Wormfarmer said:

Jean Louis Trintignant is a hit for Yorkshire Banker here.

• Confused 1

I have updated the table with hits I'm aware of through today.  Is there interest in doing this another year?  I have been in a funk about the apparent loss of Doug Stanhope's Celebrity DP site.  I put a lot of work in there but it seems to be kaput.  Anyone heard if it will return??  Coincidentally, with it went my master list of research and recordkeeping for my last 12 years or so of deadpooling.  So I am trying to pick myself up out of the doldrums of deathpooling and reconstruct my tables.  I will host this one again if there are still a dozen or more of you who find it a worthy challenge, just post a "like" if you are in.  Or for those of you who oppose that method of expressing support, an added statement of participation works too, although I have never understood what the opposition to likes is about . . . . .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yes please do it for another year I appreciate it and I am sure many others do too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

I have updated the table with hits I'm aware of through today.  Is there interest in doing this another year?  I have been in a funk about the apparent loss of Doug Stanhope's Celebrity DP site.  I put a lot of work in there but it seems to be kaput.  Anyone heard if it will return??  Coincidentally, with it went my master list of research and recordkeeping for my last 12 years or so of deadpooling.  So I am trying to pick myself up out of the doldrums of deathpooling and reconstruct my tables.  I will host this one again if there are still a dozen or more of you who find it a worthy challenge, just post a "like" if you are in.  Or for those of you who oppose that method of expressing support, an added statement of participation works too, although I have never understood what the opposition to likes is about . . . . .

I will play if you host. Thanks

• Like 2

Yeah, I always liked the pool. It forces you to make it work when it comes to certain letters, and the timing is nice, especially if the Poker Pool is gone.

• Like 1

I'll play again.  It offers some variety, and it's always good to have a pool that avoids the traffic jam of January 1.

• Like 3

Yes, I'm also interested in playing again!

• Like 1

I've never played this pool before, but will participate this year if it does come back.

This will be the pool to fill the void of the lack of Poker this year!

• Like 4

Thanks for the support, I'm glad to hear the pool is enjoyed.  I'm in for another year, so be advised to start getting your lists in order.  The only change I would like to make is to the Whippersnapper bonus.  It will be for any death aged 69 or younger, rather than the year of birth, which had to keep changing each year to keep the spirit of the rule intact.  The vowel movement bonus is also seemingly pretty hard to get, so I may increase the points for that one.  It doesn't look like anyone will earn it this year, although a few are getting close.  I leave on a camping trip on July 31, so although the deadline for submissions will be the end of the month, I may not get lists/details posted until the following weekend.   Look for all the details on the new thread I will start hopefully by next weekend . . . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I assume Nichelle Nichols is the final name that needs to be added here.

• Like 1