Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

I would definitely put my tie with BabyBLue into the category of potential upsets

Good call, as it turns out…

• Like 1

Like Cassandra cursed with the gift of foresight but having no ability to change the future, An Fear Baeg books his own downfall. It's not all over now, but BabyBlue takes an early lead as Monica Vitti nabs the Brian Deane award for this year's DL Cup.

BabyBlue 4 v. An Fear Beag 0

• Like 3

Didn’t see that coming as our first hit 2022 DLC.  Well done @BabyBlue

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Good call, as it turns out…

I certainly saw that one coming, even if the identity of the first hit was a slight surprise. Our tie is the classic barrel-scraping ICU picks vs the old coffin-dodger picks. The problem with the ICU types is that if they get through the initial rough period, they are then a wasted pick for the rest of the tie. Whereas the oldies will always give you a chance up to the end of the month.

I'm still confident of a comeback. At least I had the sense to put in a couple of the more long-standing illness types (Field, Phelan) which will give me hope, even if all the low-hanging fruit manage to recover. If I cannot muster up two hits in the month, then I don't deserve to go through. The question is, will BabyBlue notch up another hit or two to really put the pressure on. 

Christos (not) alive. The former Greek premier wasn't too keen on communists, and accordingly there's no mass distribution of points here with only MariNisia smashing plates and going "OPPA" in celebration. Just 3 points though as he was also picked by the bye-receiving Old Crem.

BabyBlue 4 v. An Fear Beag 0

ThereWillBeDeaths7 0 v. MariNisia 3

• Like 6

On 05/01/2022 at 21:01, Spade_Cooley said:

11.    In the event of a draw, the following tiebreaks will be used:

1st tiebreak = number of hits
2nd tiebreak = average age of hits
3rd tiebreak = a coin toss 

So in a goalless draw is it straight to coin toss? 

41 minutes ago, Pop_Zeus said:

So in a goalless draw is it straight to coin toss? 

:D

Some early game positive thinking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's not the mid-70s, but it looks like Leland is sleeping on the job - permanently. The hammer has come down on Christensen, a former auctioneer, and accordingly there's a lot of points being dished out. Annami cashes in their joker while An Fear Baeg gives us our first match with both teams scoring.

LizLemon 0 v. Masterffull 0
Sir Cunto 0 v. theoldlady 0
Salmon Mousse 3 v. MortalCaso 0
Sean 0 v. YorkshireBanker 0
Wormfarmer 0 v. grobler 0
TQR 0 v. Gooseberry Crumble 0
HDS 0 v. Pedro67 0
wannamaker 0 v. Famous6Eva 0
Joey Russ 3 v. Bentrovato 0
JoeMoneypenny 0 v. Sideik 0
GuyFromFuture 0 v. Captain Hemlock 0
Annami 6 v. Hell 0
ThereWillBeDeaths7 0 v. MariNisia 3
Grim Up North 0 v. the_engineer 0
Predictor 0 v. Great Uncle Bulgaria 0
YoungWillz 0 v. Pop_Zeus 0
BabyBlue 4 v. An Fear Beag 3
The Old Crem 0 v. John Key 0

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gcreptile said:

This one ticks me off.

I search any number of terms ‘remains in icu’ ‘family asking for prayers’ being two of them (probably shouldn’t give anything away but pffft).  EITHER of those should have caught the only articles I see (searching pre-death articles to figure out where I went wrong); but they didn’t.  I also search GoFundMe directly using their search box, and though I won’t reveal those search terms I assure you it should have located Christensen.   
Im not sure where I went wrong or what voodoo magic :sherlock: those who did find him have on their computers.  I’m sad and mad.  Sad-mad.

SC

• Like 1

Lata Mangeshkar - four to five. As in teams that profited from the Nightingale of India being grounded, with five picking her but only four scoring thanks to those sick bastards that didn't submit a team leading to a bye. ThereWillBeDeaths7 pulls things back to a draw in their match, while TQR, Pedro67 and Sideik all take the lead in theirs. 

LizLemon 0 v. Masterffull 0
Sir Cunto 0 v. theoldlady 0
Salmon Mousse 3 v. MortalCaso 0
Wormfarmer 0 v. grobler 0
TQR 3 v. Gooseberry Crumble 0
HDS 0 v. Pedro67 3
wannamaker 0 v. Famous6Eva 0
JoeMoneypenny 0 v. Sideik 3
GuyFromFuture 0 v. Captain Hemlock 0
Annami 6 v. Hell 0
ThereWillBeDeaths7 3 v. MariNisia 3
Grim Up North 0 v. the_engineer 0
Predictor 0 v. Great Uncle Bulgaria 0
YoungWillz 0 v. Pop_Zeus 0
BabyBlue 4 v. An Fear Beag 3

• Like 3

My would be joker if my team was needed. Honestly a bit surprised more people didn’t choose him…

51 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

My would be joker if my team was needed. Honestly a bit surprised more people didn’t choose him…

I did :D

Starting to wonder about my joker, though, as it's been over two weeks since "Our Lord" was asked to "take her home"

• Like 1

Akuku Danger ‘apparently’ only has sickle cell anaemia and his death is overrated.  One of my two ‘sure to pass’ names I’m wrong on both.

SC

• Like 1

That's a scraper rather than an actually manned blog, but I'd be stunned if nothing turns up in the next few hours.

• Like 1