Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah sad - bad joker decision by me actually because I thought she would easily be Drop 40 and in actual fact only 14 teams picked her - two other teams made same jokering 'mistake'.

• Like 1

America might have Talent, but it doesn't have T-cells. Nightbirde's tearjerking run on Simon Cowell's annual death-of-entertainmentthon placed her firmly on the longlists of top-tier deadpoolers, but only four thought she'd get the final golden buzzer in the month of February. MariNisia goes ahead in their tie on average age, Famous6Eva breaks the deadlock in theirs, HDS adds some daylight in his encounter and Annami refuses to let Hell out of the woodshed.

LizLemon 0 v. Masterffull 0
Sir Cunto 6 v. theoldlady 0
Salmon Mousse 20 v. MortalCaso 3
Wormfarmer 0 v. grobler 0
TQR 6 v. Gooseberry Crumble 0
HDS 9 v. Pedro67 3
wannamaker 0 v. Famous6Eva 3

JoeMoneypenny 0 v. Sideik 3
GuyFromFuture 0 v. Captain Hemlock 0
Annami 15 v. Hell 0
ThereWillBeDeaths7 6 v. MariNisia 6
Grim Up North 6 v. the_engineer 0
Predictor 3 v. Great Uncle Bulgaria 0
YoungWillz 0 v. Pop_Zeus 7
BabyBlue 18 v. An Fear Beag 12

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah sad - bad joker decision by me actually because I thought she would easily be Drop 40 and in actual fact only 14 teams picked her - two other teams made same jokering 'mistake'.

She was my joker before the deterioration in Gary Burgess' health was made public, but I'm also surprised she didn't make the Drop 40 - and by some distance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

She was my joker before the deterioration in Gary Burgess' health was made public, but I'm also surprised she didn't make the Drop 40 - and by some distance.

Yeah submitting my team on 1st December so I couldn't be accused of stealing people's picks cost me 6 points but it always costs me something so I suppose I should just be relieved that my joker actually died this year - Tom Smith has let me down last two years.

It was obvious quite early on that she wasn't going to make Drop 40 - I think there were 100 teams in before anyone else picked her at all - I was starting to wonder if she might be unique :D

Tbf, I don’t think Nightbirde really got mentioned on the forums at all before January 1st so it would’ve been foolish to think she had a chance at drop 40. Had she been mentioned more, then yeah she would’ve made it…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbf, I don’t think Nightbirde really got mentioned on the forums at all before January 1st so it would’ve been foolish to think she had a chance at drop 40. Had she been mentioned more, then yeah she would’ve made it…

yeah the very fact she hadn’t been mentioned on here made me think everyone had her on their team and I presumed all US teams would have her but yeah I was wrong big time.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

When should @Pop_Zeus start submitting a team for Round 2? :lol:

I’ve learned with these things never to count my chickens. Game on!

• Haha 1

Fatima Ali was the closest I recall a DDP canon pick getting to the D40 without much forum discussion, 20something teams I want to say when the only mentions of her inbetween her downturn and the 2019 grand reveal were a few public Deathrace entries.

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I’ve never heard of her now, before, or ever.  Except that someone in my home PD had her and I never bothered even wondering who she was.

No idea who the hell George Elder is (the Wichita 'chef'?  boy that's pushing the 'fame' threshold, c'mon Cooley give us a break), but I'll assume it is NOT this guy, a New Jersey church elder, but what a moniker!  Elder Edler!  Team Gris Gris special.
SC

Elder George Ernest Elder, 88, passed away on Friday, Feb. 18, at his residence in New Jersey.

George Ernest Elder - The Suffolk News-Herald | The Suffolk News-Herald (suffolknewsherald.com)

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

No idea who the hell George Elder is (the Wichita 'chef'?  boy that's pushing the 'fame' threshold, c'mon Cooley give us a break), but I'll assume it is NOT this guy, a New Jersey church elder, but what a moniker!  Elder Edler!  Team Gris Gris special.
SC

Elder George Ernest Elder, 88, passed away on Friday, Feb. 18, at his residence in New Jersey.

George Ernest Elder - The Suffolk News-Herald | The Suffolk News-Herald (suffolknewsherald.com)

Looks like a paid obituary to me

Also who is Greg Mears?  Google is not my friend.  Which is saying a lot about his 'celebrity' too.  I'll be posting more as I plow through the 140 names from this round.  I"ll edit THIS post rather than new ones.  
There is an oncologist in NY and a family medicine doctor in Kansas.  There isn't another Greg Mears on God's Green Earth (See: Google) with a story in the past month (I am limiting it to the past month because if it's GUN's JOKER FFS I'm sure there are updates).  Do feel free to click on the search I've provided. I want to know who Greg Mears who doesn't show up on Google search is, and furthermore why he is allowed.  Neither of the doctors qualify.
'greg mears' - Google Search

@Spade_Cooleywho is Jack THomas?  Here's an obit for someone with that name but no one noteworthy shows up.
Jack Thomas Obituary (1936 - 2022) - Columbiana, AL - Legacy Remembers

@Spade_Cooley is Madeline Cain the former Mayor of Lakewood, OH?  If not she appears to be no one acceptable (See Google).

I'm off to the South of France for the weekend. When I was young it was full of elderly rich people. I'm hoping it will inspire me

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Also who is Greg Mears?  Google is not my friend.  Which is saying a lot about his 'celebrity' too.  I'll be posting more as I plow through the 140 names from this round.  I"ll edit THIS post rather than new ones.  
There is an oncologist in NY and a family medicine doctor in Kansas.  There isn't another Greg Mears on God's Green Earth (See: Google) with a story in the past month (I am limiting it to the past month because if it's GUN's JOKER FFS I'm sure there are updates).  Do feel free to click on the search I've provided. I want to know who Greg Mears who doesn't show up on Google search is, and furthermore why he is allowed.  Neither of the doctors qualify.

Dr Greg Mears went into hospice care before Christmas. Thanks for reminding me, btw.

He created the NEMSIS system (basically a huge US internet health data thing which speeds up treatment in critical cases) and as a result is apparently a big name in medicine. 

Yeah, he was a Deathrace unique pick for me that obviously didn't pay off (sad, considering I ended up 1 hit short of the finish line). I haven't heard anything about him since then and I've looked again and again. There might be some chance he died off the radar. He's based in North Carolina, if anybody wants to dig deep.

So, my team is in the final  stages of selection before I unleash it on round two but am I the only player hereabouts with serious doubts now?

Just sayin' I want nowt to do with this competition if the final is played in Russia!

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, he was a Deathrace unique pick for me that obviously didn't pay off (sad, considering I ended up 1 hit short of the finish line). I haven't heard anything about him since then and I've looked again and again. There might be some chance he died off the radar. He's based in North Carolina, if anybody wants to dig deep.

Yeah I stole this from Reptile (but maybe shouldn't have bothered) - I have similarly had problems finding any update whatsoever but it is this guy

Rather like salmon's joker there is a complete lack of any information but they are most likely dead.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, my team is in the final  stages of selection before I unleash it on round two but am I the only player hereabouts with serious doubts now?

Just sayin' I want nowt to do with this competition if the final is played in Russia!

My team draft has one name on it so far because I’m an absolute pro.

24 minutes ago, TQR said:

My team draft has one name on it so far because I’m an absolute pro.

My team draft looks very like a round up of the same names that were rounded up in December to feed this year's lists. 

Wondering about Putin as a long-shot addition (because it would have to be a long shot given the security around him!)

• Like 1

My march team  has been submitted I am sure I will send in an April team but the chances of it being required are slim unless @Annami's team is just going to consist of the remaining members of Westlife, The Spice Girls and S Club 7

• Haha 1

As someone new to the Cup this year, is it worth sending in a team for March? Clearly @Salmon Mousse won (understatement!). Not sure how the replacement rules work 

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My march team  has been submitted I am sure I will send in an April team but the chances of it being required are slim unless @Annami's team is just going to consist of the remaining members of Westlife, The Spice Girls and S Club 7

Thanks for the tip! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1