the_engineer

Notable Victims of the Russo-Ukrainian war

33 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I'm not in the thread Gestapo but I'm surprised (it seems a little indelicate even for us) that Jews who survived the Holocaust should be posted in the thread called 'Nazi of SS'. 

Well, now that Putin wants to de-nazify Ukraine and their jewish president, everything is possible...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

I'm not in the thread Gestapo but I'm surprised (it seems a little indelicate even for us) that Jews who survived the Holocaust should be posted in the thread called 'Nazi of SS'. 

fair, but when I looked that seemed to be the place where a number of Holocaust survivor deaths were reported. I wasn't sure if Boris Romantschenko fit the "notable victims of the war" category, but he was definitely someone whose death should be reported so. 

wondering if a new "Holocaust survivor deaths" thread would be a better option in the long term

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

the thread called 'Nazi of SS'. 

I've never understood that anyway.   Is it supposed to be 'Nazi or SS', or perhaps 'Nazi and SS' ?

Or perhaps it's a joke that I've missed.

53 minutes ago, CastAway said:

fair, but when I looked that seemed to be the place where a number of Holocaust survivor deaths were reported. I wasn't sure if Boris Romantschenko fit the "notable victims of the war" category, but he was definitely someone whose death should be reported so. 

wondering if a new "Holocaust survivor deaths" thread would be a better option in the long term

There's this one, for survivors of different events:

• Like 2

On 21/03/2022 at 02:03, CastAway said:

i'd be very hesitant to believe that, because Russia's been saying they killed him once every couple of days. If the Ukrainians come out and confirm or his family does, sure. but as it stands this is just rinse and repeat Russian tactics. 

as I thought, Wali is alive and well

• Like 2

The Insider is an independent Russian news outlet that has exposed Russian governmental lies during several issues, including the Skripal and Navalny poisonings, and has worked with Bellingcat in the past. They currently operate out of Latvia IIRC due to Russian laws. 

Like with the other journalists, I fully expect the death of one of their own on the field will make it to all the obit-relevant papers, so thought I'd put it here as well.

On 22/03/2022 at 13:24, CastAway said:

as I thought, Wali is alive and well

Thank fuck. I wonder what his kill count is now.

Not to be a dick it seems like the people that are getting killed are only notable after their deaths; 

• Like 1

Perhaps he's the one getting all these generals and colonels

On 20/03/2022 at 03:12, CastAway said:
also update re: the generals kill list mentioned above. 4 major generals + 1 lt. general killed - 5 down. Russia was estimated to have sent 20 generals to Ukraine, so in just over 3 weeks, their death rate is a respectable 25%. based on the last few killed, 1 general is being killed every 3 or so days, so we'll probably get a new one soonish.

and, another one bites the dust...

well, this one is just heavily injured and rumored to have gone missing after reaching Belarus, but we'll take what we can get, I suppose. 

current generals KIA+WIA numbers - 6 down out of a rumored 23. 

On 21/03/2022 at 13:34, Toast said:

I've never understood that anyway.   Is it supposed to be 'Nazi or SS', or perhaps 'Nazi and SS' ?

Or perhaps it's a joke that I've missed.

Since it was created by Banshees, your guess is as good as Ken Dodd's dad's dog's.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

:facepalm: and another bites the dust :facepalm:

current generals KIA+WIA numbers = 7 out of a rumored 23. 

• Like 1

I bring you a gift, another Russian general dead. 

8/~23 out of commission 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Holy shit, business just picked up!

So, he'll turn up in a tax haven in a few months, then

• Like 1

This sounds as likely as Lord Lucan turning up & going paragliding at Beachy Head, J K Rowling having a cup of Earl Grey with Putin or the story earlier this year that an Indian couple aged 120 and 122 had celebrated their 100th wedding anniversary. This is called the 10K Diamond anniversary in one online list so obviously the names are beginning to run out after 80 (oak), 85 (wine) & 90 (granite) as no name is given for 95 which the Chands got close to a few years ago.

• Confused 3

War photographer Maks Levin/Max Levin, who had been missing for over 2 weeks, has been found dead. Reports indicated he was killed purposefully with two small arms to the chest, likely due to his occupation. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2