Spade_Cooley

Internet Celebrities

I'm beginning to find the term 'Internet celebrity' an oxy moron given what is posted. Celebrity to who? 14 year olds? So these people are the Hanna Montana's/Hansons of the internet? Or is their celebrity self proclaimed? Hate sounding like an old crumudgeon...but I'm fully prepared to counter any argument as to what 'Internet celebrity' means. TotalBiscuit? Based on what, number of followers? I don't have (refuse to have) a Twitter account so I don't follow fuck. Celebrity based on Twitter is too niche for me. I don't acknowledge it. As my old civics teacher said, "an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less", and to me if your internet presence and celebrity is to an extreme niche of the slice of the world's humanity pie, you've become less and less significant. You an expert on pottery, great; an expert on Chinese potter, ok; an expert on green Chinese pottery, who gives a fuck except the handful of people interested. And a handful of people doesn't define celebrity.

Sexy Pancake? Anyone heard of this person (or TotalBiscuit for that matter)? ANYONE? Sexy Pancake tapes his penis -- what niche of humanity is tuning in to see or chat with or read tweets from a person who does this? The same who adore green Chinese pottery.

And THAT, my friends, isn't celebrity by any stretch of the imagination.

SirCreep

I'm beginning to find the term 'Internet celebrity' an oxy moron given what is posted. Celebrity to who? 14 year olds? So these people are the Hanna Montana's/Hansons of the internet? Or is their celebrity self proclaimed? Hate sounding like an old crumudgeon...but I'm fully prepared to counter any argument as to what 'Internet celebrity' means. TotalBiscuit? Based on what, number of followers? I don't have (refuse to have) a Twitter account so I don't follow fuck. Celebrity based on Twitter is too niche for me. I don't acknowledge it. As my old civics teacher said, "an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less", and to me if your internet presence and celebrity is to an extreme niche of the slice of the world's humanity pie, you've become less and less significant. You an expert on pottery, great; an expert on Chinese potter, ok; an expert on green Chinese pottery, who gives a fuck except the handful of people interested. And a handful of people doesn't define celebrity.

Sexy Pancake? Anyone heard of this person (or TotalBiscuit for that matter)? ANYONE? Sexy Pancake tapes his penis -- what niche of humanity is tuning in to see or chat with or read tweets from a person who does this? The same who adore green Chinese pottery.

And THAT, my friends, isn't celebrity by any stretch of the imagination.

SirCreep

Some kids don't watch tv anymore but they might follow some Melvin who plays video games or does awful comedy bits on youtube .If Millions of teens watch some Melvin he is a celeb to them and goes beyond a niche thing because many youths of that generation some Melvin is more famous then tv stars or a Nobel Prize winner.

YouTuber Marina Joyce has got herself endless headlines over the past 24 hours, after her fanbase flooded #savemarinajoyce across social media. Her rapid weight loss, bruised arms and the appearance of a shotgun in the background of one of her videos have led to suggestions of everything from drug addiction or an abusive boyfriend to her having been kidnapped by Isis and brainwashed into leading teenagers to a fake rave where they will be slaughtered by Daesh gunmen.

Mark my words

That kick a ginger day kid will join the 27 club next decade

Dunno if they'll make the next three years, but CopperCab is now a she.

No soul and no penis.
  • Like 2

Mark my words

No soul and no penis.

Coppercab is either a brilliant actor/troll or deeply deeply unhinged.Could definitely see him topping himself or going on a killing rampage.

Mark my words

No soul and no penis.

Coppercab is either a brilliant actor/troll or deeply deeply unhinged.Could definitely see him topping himself or going on a killing rampage.

Hang on, you're not suggesting that transgender people are deranged, are you?

If so, I think that's a highly misguided and ignorant view to take. Remember when homosexuality was classified as a mental illness? It would be bigoted to suggest that homosexuality is an illness now.

Many transgender people do suffer from gender dysphoria (which is a mental illness), that can be managed somewhat by simply respecting their gender identity, I.E. using their preferred pronoun and name.

What I don't understand is why people have to go out of the way to treat transgender people with disrespect, all the transgender people whom I have met have been some of the loveliest people I've ever met. Why do they deserve to be treated with hate and disgust just for being who they want to be? People may have their doubts about transgender issues, but the least one can do is to abstain from cockwombling.

I think if she does end up topping herself it will in part be as a result of the vitriol which she has unfairly been the recipient of immediately after coming out.

I do hope that I've merely misconstrued your statement, otherwise I'm disappointed in you.

Sorry for ranting.

• Like 3

Mark my words

No soul and no penis.

If so, I think that's a highly misguided and ignorant view to take. Remember when homosexuality was classified as a mental illness? It would be bigoted to suggest that homosexuality is an illness now.

Many transgender people do suffer from gender dysphoria (which is a mental illness), that can be managed somewhat by simply respecting their gender identity, I.E. using their preferred pronoun and name.

What I don't understand is why people have to go out of the way to treat transgender people with disrespect, all the transgender people whom I have met have been some of the loveliest people I've ever met. Why do they deserve to be treated with hate and disgust just for being who they want to be? People may have their doubts about transgender issues, but the least one can do is to abstain from cockwombling.

I think if she does end up topping herself it will in part be as a result of the vitriol which she has unfairly been the recipient of immediately after coming out.

I do hope that I've merely misconstrued your statement, otherwise I'm disappointed in you.

Sorry for ranting.

Clearly SOTD knows what he meant but...

Looks like it was only a comment about ONE person and if you trawl this thread from top to bottom there's clearly a pattern of internet "celebs" popping early clogs and often because they're deeply deeply unhappy. Which isn't the case with all LGBT cases. Saw clear transitioning case at Jerry Sadowitz last night. Given that anyone of delicate feelings would be well advised to stay away I'd say that person was very well adjusted.

Mark my words

No soul and no penis.

Sorry for ranting.

You have indeed misconstrued my comments.This is not about Coppercab being trans.She has demonstrated extreme anger issues and goes on insane rants about many issues as if she were a toddler having a tantrum and has done so for 6 years now.My point was not that trans people are crazy merely that this particular individual has a history of deranged and hysterical behaviour so I would not be surprised if she topped herself.I have no problem with trans people.Each to their own.

I also do wonder whether coppercabs transition is merely an attention seeking excercise.If you observe coppercabs past videos there is a high degree of attention seeking and almost unbelievable levels of narcissism.I do hope not as being trans is not something people should trivialise.

Mark my words

No soul and no penis.

Sorry for ranting.

You have indeed misconstrued my comments.This is not about Coppercab being trans.She has demonstrated extreme anger issues and goes on insane rants and has done so for 6 years now.My point was not that trans people are crazy merely that this particular individual has a history of deranged and hysterical behaviour so I would not be surprised if she topped herself.I have no problem with trans people.Each to their own.

I thought you might have been referring to that, likewise I would agree that her past has made her more prone to abuse and thus her likelihood of an early grave is somewhat elevated. I assume from the time at which you made that post, it may have just been that you were tired and you weren't as articulate as you perhaps would have otherwise been, hence my misunderstanding.

I think my rant still stands though, there are some people who outright refuse to treat those who are transitioning with respect and there are those who just shrug their shoulders as if that doesn't matter. Having witnessed the anxiety and discomfort it can cause, I often feel the need to vent my opinions on the matter. Nevertheless, I hope my rant hasn't caused any animosity between us, I would hate that.

I also do wonder whether coppercabs transition is merely an attention seeking excercise.If you observe coppercabs past videos there is a high degree of attention seeking and almost unbelievable levels of narcissism.I do hope not as being trans is not something people should trivialise.

I suppose that's something we'll find out in time, but it would seem a rather extreme method of getting attention. There are much easier ways of drawing attention to oneself than living as the opposite gender for the rest of your life.

Mark my words

No soul and no penis.

Sorry for ranting.

You have indeed misconstrued my comments.This is not about Coppercab being trans.She has demonstrated extreme anger issues and goes on insane rants and has done so for 6 years now.My point was not that trans people are crazy merely that this particular individual has a history of deranged and hysterical behaviour so I would not be surprised if she topped herself.I have no problem with trans people.Each to their own.

I thought you might have been referring to that, likewise I would agree that her past has made her more prone to abuse and thus her likelihood of an early grave is somewhat elevated. I assume from the time at which you made that post, it may have just been that you were tired and you weren't as articulate as you perhaps would have otherwise been, hence my misunderstanding.

I think my rant still stands though, there are some people who outright refuse to treat those who are transitioning with respect and there are those who just shrug their shoulders as if that doesn't matter. Having witnessed the anxiety and discomfort it can cause, I often feel the need to vent my opinions on the matter. Nevertheless, I hope my rant hasn't caused any animosity between us, I would hate that.

I suppose that's something we'll find out in time, but it would seem a rather extreme method of getting attention. There are much easier ways of drawing attention to oneself than living as the opposite gender for the rest of your life.

Nope no animosity my friend.I was indeed tired but am still unsure about the validity of this case.I saw an interview she did with Gavin McInnes and she didnt seem genuine at all.I agree that it would be extreme to do that for attention but considering copper was almost universally assumed to be a troll I would not be surprised.Put it this way if I were a Dr I would be very wary about her motives and her capacity to make such a huge decision.I am all for people transitioning and I know people who have but as they would say you need to be in the right frame of mind to make that decision and I am not sure Clare is.

YouTuber, Glenn Webb, died, in his sleep, yesterday. He usually reviewed toys & stuff, on his channel.

Doubt I was alone in wondering if eSports competitors had crossed over to the point where they get QOs. It looks like they do: CoD competitor Phillip ‘Phizzurp’ Klemenov dead in a car accident aged 23.

Maybe this non-entity would have been better off practicing driving games...

• Like 1

The Dutch laughing man who could not stop laughing after he was operated on his hip died. He got his internet fame mostly from

​The last scene will be played for real...

Coulda posted this in like 4 threads:

Photographer Christopher Ashton Serrano, who dazzled Instagram followers with challenging, and unusually beautiful snaps of city life at often dizzying heights, died Wednesday trying to scale a moving train in Brooklyn, according to a Digital Rev report. He was 25.

SC

http://www.vocativ.com/366059/daredevil-instagrammer-dies-train/?utm_source=TSE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=INF&utm_content=inf_10_42_2&tse_id=INF_f3ee78a0931f11e6bd3ee3ca348530db

• Like 1

Lee "Q" O'Denat, the man responsible for all your favourite phonecam videos of some guy getting punched in a parking lot due to his role in setting up World Star Hip Hop, dead at 43 from a heart attack.

WORLD STAR BABY!

An update on Susanne Cameron-Blackie, aka Anna Raccoon. Her chances of a proper obituary maybe rather slim, but she's just the sort of person who might get the Telegraph treatment.

In the meantime, I hope she continues to defy medical expectations for as long as possible. I miss her (now deleted) site, she was one of the best bloggers of them all IMO.

World of Tanks streamer Brian “Poshybrid” Vigneault died from unknown causes on February 19 after streaming for 22 hours. He was 35 and a father of three.

Vigneault was streaming to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Now he's wishing....he was alive.
SC

• Like 2

Felicia O'Dell, also known as Auntie Fee, who runs a popular Youtube Cooking Channel, and has appeared on Jimmy Kimmel and Steve Harvey, was reported to have died of a heart attack aged 59 according to TMZ. However, TMZ has now changed their story to say she is on life support. The Daily Mirror is covering this story, so if she does die I guess she'd get an obituary.

• Like 2