maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2023

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I’m sure someone can pay off the express to write a obituary for him. Would be great for clickbait

So, I'm seeing Diego discussing wanting to stay etc. We know Diego is male, right?

2 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Espero que você fique também, quanto mais melhor. Como eu disse, não tenho nenhum problema com você já gostando de posts, é só que a maioria dos usuários que comentaram sobre tais foram contra suas ações.

thank you:biggrin:

• Like 2

Does the lettuce qualify? Or will The Boss™ feel a bit of jealousy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

Does the lettuce qualify? Or will The Boss™ feel a bit of jealousy?

I'm minded to make an exception for any vegetable or very short lived animal - but only if the Daily Star has entered it into unofficial competition with the shelf-life of a working politician. I'll leave it as a good intention at the moment. My thread, so the required rule tweaking could always be actioned nearer the start time. 

On a more serious note, the first team is in - I'll just declutter my message space hereabouts and start the masterlist doc, then. 

Keep 'em comin' :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deathrace Form Guide #17 

Babes_in_Toyland_Groningen_1991.jpg

Kat Bjelland 

Deleting last year's entries from my PMs has thrown the Babes in Toyland singer/songwriter/force of nature back in my face. Popuiar pick twelve months back. Discussions of her well-being offered up about as much energy as one of her band's  typically rapid and rabid rants. Her health problems have been largely mental, but also largely on a large scale and for the sake of clarity I'll state here and now that however many personalities she's packing, if she scores Deathrace points I'm only awarding ONE score! Due to turn 60 in December. 

• Like 1

Solange Berry
Jiřina Bohdalová
Carlos Bilardo
Lily Ebert
Gianlucca Vialli
Raif Dizdarević
Miroslav Blazevic
Steve McMichael
Jan Englert
Patricia Routledge
Delfina Guzmán
Soňa Červená
Marthe Cohn
Jutta  Zilliacus
Bas de Gaay Fortman
 Caupolicán Peña
Florin Piersic
Roland Bertin
Rolf Harris
Lowell Weicker-Joker

subs
 Margarita Terekhova
Hifumi Kato
June Spencer
Ion Ilescu
Eugenia Cooney

Deathrace Form Guide #18

image.png.70da00f7dd90bdeed90fe3e14a5812f2.png

June Spencer - 103

Longest (and oldest) member of The Archers BBC Radio 4 show. She retired this year after playing the character from 1950 to 1954, and again from 1961 to 2022.

• Like 3

Deathrace Form Guide #19

sheikhsalem.jpg.38ea39260ae7a50c86f28e5c10e18bf5.jpg

Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah of Kuwait

The largest coffin tease and germaphobe of the Arab world, possibly the oldest living male royal, Sheikh Salem was born the same year as Queen Elizabeth II in the British Protectorate of the Sheikhdom of Kuwait. A British report from 1951 describes him as a "pleasant-looking young man with no education". From the 1950s he worked hard to built Kuwait's petroleum industry, now the largest industry in the country. He was obese for most of his life until the early or mid-2000s when he started suffering from health problems and has since been wheelchairbound. The Sheikh has been hospitalised multiple times during the last decade home and abroad, has been critically ill and in delicate condition around three or four times and has been rumored dead atleast four times, including on twitter when he was hospitalised in 2013, around 2019/2020 and two times in 2021. His last appearance was in March 2021 when he was wheeled around with a feeding tube up his nose. Despite all of this he is the commander of the Kuwait National Guard, but still must be one of the most dying Sheikhs.

Deathrace Form Guide #20

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXb-BjXENxfix

Patricia Routledge 

That'll be Dame Katherine Patricia Routledge to the likes of us, then. Due to turn 94 in February and highly fancied (as in a popular pick, not quite there yet for the way the likes of David Fuller understand fancying such talent) for many years, doubtless there's a ton of kick the bucket puns being sharpened for a final outing when the chips are finally cashed in. 

• Like 5

****Joker Vicky Phelan

Kim Soo-yong

Jayanta Mahapatra

Steve McMichael

Sadaharu Oh

Teh Hong Piow

Yang You

Rokusaburo Michiba

Brenda Vaccaro

Song Ping

Don West

Marie-France Garaud

Encarna Hernandez

Edna Child

Zhu Rongji

Sidney Cooke

Wang Huo

Gianlucca Vialli

Abigail Kinoiki Kekaulike Kawānanakoa

Tsung Dao-Lee

bench

Patrica Routledge

Winnie Ewing

Tin Oo

Henry Kissinger

Lisa Lu

Deathrace Form Guide #21 

Edna_Child_1950.jpg

Edna Child

Aw, y'know, surely we all watched in rapt awe as she sailed gracefully through the air on the way to two gold medals at the Empire Games (yeah, because Britain still bossed a ton of territories) in 1950. Well, assuming you were otherwise engaged forging ration coupons or waiting to be born a few decades later, you can thank JoeMoneypenny for giving the obitable centenarian a public fingering in the post above. 

• Like 2

Death Race Form Guide #22

3695.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=no

Lord Lucan 

So, minded to post this for purposes of clarity apart from anything else. Whoever the conspicuously ill 87 year old buddhist in Australia is we can be sure of two things: 1. He's so far in the public eye someone will share the news when he's toast and that'll likely be in an English news source easily reputable enough for the barely reputable standards of Deathrace q/o's and 2. Whover the guy is, he's old and not very healthy. Beyond which an educated guess says that on the balance of probabilities the current media circus won't do his fragile health any favours. Should you be minded to add him to a team "Lord Lucan" would be acceptable, despite the fact the current Lord Lucan is the convicted murderer's son and the convicted murderer Lucan is legally dead. Rant over, but it means clarity and no arguments if some obscure Aussie buddhist should happen to die in January.

• Like 1

If I pick Lord Lucan as joker, can I get the 730 points on January 1st, as he is actually dead but the papers think he isn't? 

Asking for a friend. :lol:

11 hours ago, msc said:

If I pick Lord Lucan as joker, can I get the 730 points on January 1st, as he is actually dead but the papers think he isn't? 

Asking for a friend. :lol:

Ermmm...no, I'd say we're entirely focused on the remaining life of the mysterious Aussie buddhist who may be Lucan*. Assuming the Aussie buddhist is a genuine Aussie buddhist then yer man Lucan is legally dead and - therefore - clearly not widely assumed to be otherwise so the Raymond Hewlitt rule doesn't apply. 

I'm sure your friend will be pleased to find a pool with rules crafted so skilfully that these complex questions pose little problem B)

* As I did on the Lucan thread I draw the panel's attention to the complete lack of any family member or long-term friend of this mysterious Aussie coming forward with proof (birth certificate, photographic evidence that trumps the current match of Lucan/Aussie buddhist when applied to an AI investigation etc.) that the man is someone other than Lucan. Obviously, if he proves to be then we'll find out his name and that'll be fine for the masterlist - interesting this has gone on for days and nobody has approached the press pack with proof he's not the missing earl, mind. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2022 at 21:23, gcreptile said:

Deathrace form guide #6

Random celebrity generator landed at.... Iggy Pop

https://www.randomcelebritygenerator.com/

IGGY POP Postpones Two Shows On European Tour After 'Croaking' His Way  Through Athens Concert - BLABBERMOUTH.NET

75 years old....how did he ever get to that age?? Surely his time will be over any second now.

Iggy Pop announces new album....just like David Bowie!

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/iggy-pop-new-album-every-loser-punk-frenzy/

Death Race Form Guide #23

GN4_DAT_7153293.jpg--malachy_mccourt___i_never_assaulted_a_woman_in_my_life_.jpg

Malachy McCourt.

A well known Irish-American activist who, at one point, unsuccessfully attempted to run for governor of New York with a nomination from the green party. He is 91 years old and has been confirmed to been in hospice care, meaning that he is close to the end. According to recent news reports, he is also in a wheelchair.

• Like 1

I would add Sam Bankman-Fried - he keep tweeting stuff that may nail him in court with the collapse of Cyrpto - he has lost nearly everything this month (dozens of $Billions).   He has to be so depressed ... but he may not even live the rest of 2022.  

• Like 2

Abigail Kinoiki Kekaulike Kawānanakoa

Alexandre do Nascimento

Burt Bacharach

Don King

Emilio Fede

Franca Pilla

Francoise Gilot

Gianlucca Vialli

Giorgio Forattini 

Johnny Ruffo

Jose Mujica

Leonard Pietraszak

Michael Tilson Thomas 

Pope Benedict

Rolf Harris(joker)

Ruth Buzzi

Sandra Weir

Sheik Salem Al Ali Al-Sabah Of Kuwait

Vicky Phelan

Violeta Chamorro

subs

Yoko Ono,June Spencer,Alice Munro,Bobby Vinton,Amanda Bynes

Here's my list:

Khamtai Siphandone (joker)

Joanne Woodward

Malachy McCourt

James Earl Jones

Michael Tilson Thomas

Elaine May

Buzz Aldrin

Emperor Akihito

Empress Michiko

Norman Jewison

Miiko Taka

Wei Wei

Harry Belafonte

Henry Kissinger

Walter Mirisch

Janis Paige

Carolyn Bryant Donham

James Whale

George Alagiah

Carmen Sevilla

Subs: June Spencer, George Soros, Paul Biya, Shannen Doherty

Johnny Ruffo (Joker)

Derek Draper

Eva Marie Saint

Pele: Replacement: James Earl Jones

Sandra Day O'Connor

Constantine II of Greece

Jonnie Irwin

Rob Burrow

Alberto Fujimori

Jimmy Carter

Rolf Harris

Andy Taylor (Duran Duran)

Glynis Johns

Vicky Phelan: Replacement: Tom Stafford (astronaut)

Horst-Dieter Hottges

June Spencer

Giorgio Napolitano

Jean-Pierre Jabouille

Pervez Musharraf

Joan Ganz Cooney

Subs

Barbara Walters: Replaced my Tom Stafford

James Earl Jones: MOVED TO MAIN LIST

Tom Stafford (astronaut): MOVED TO MAIN LIST

Alfred Brendel

Tony Bennett

Sharad Pawar (joker)

Sheik Salem Al Ali Al-Sabah Of Kuwait

Sidney Cooke

Sen Sōshitsu XV 

Sam Nujoma

Patricia Routledge

Shane MacGowan

Song Ping

Gary Glitter

Henry Nwosu

Takamiyama Daigoro

Norman Scarth

Ugo Mifsud Bonnici

Douglas Hurd

Hugues Claude Pissarro

Emlain Kabua

Bat Ye'or (Conspiracy theorist)

Iggy Pop

Kaikala Satyanarayana

Dick Celeste

subs

Aga Khan IV

Nigel Lawson

Zhu Rongji

Constantine II

Death Race Form Guide #24 

MV5BMTMyMzUyNzgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc4

Joyce McKinney 

Miss Wyoming World 1973 (and she now claims to be 73) but that isn't the half of it where this connoiseur's nut-job is concerned. Obitable on the back of a life that's seen her mastermind the "manacled mormon" sex case in the UK (she apparently kidnapped a missionary, chained him and repeatedly forced him to have sex with her - all of it way before Boy George...we digress). She escaped trial for that one by fleeing the UK but  has more recently made the news for a surreal slew of stories including cloning her deceased pit bull, aiding and abbeting a teenager to commit a robbery in aid of funds to get an artificial leg for her horse and - most recently - facing accusation of killing a Ukrainian survivor of the Holocaust by flattening him with her truck. Mysterious to the point it's not clear how she makes a living - having apparently never had a job since the late 70s, and afflicted with mobility problems, a plethora of pounds put on since her tabloid heyday and poor eyesight, recent reports have suggested a wheelchair and homelessness are now part of her life. DDT fingered her (heh heh) earlier this year as obscure but obitable fodder, so this timely reminder now adds itself to his earlier effort.

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/02/woman-accused-of-running-over-holocaust-survivor-in-san-fernando-valley-has-led-a-tabloid-life/

• Like 2

Death Race Form Guide #25

image.png.8d265cdd6e06f8d1b91f5887db575717.png

Arch Jelley

This Kiwi Centenarian has coached  fellow countryman to Athletic Gold,and spent decades with the side hustle of Bridge Tutor. Perhaps adding him to your deathrace team could give you the winning hand.

• Like 3