Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool V

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have updated the list to put the actual person who would win from the pick in bold (where there are multiple picks)

Unfortunately you have been trumped on all your possible outs but with 6 hits you only need a few more hits to take them back

You've missed emboldening anyone on Philip Lowrie - would that be a winner for me or for ladyfiona?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

You've missed emboldening anyone on Philip Lowrie - would that be a winner for me or for ladyfiona?

That is a win for you. It is always the player in the first set of brackets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to @BuffaloPhil you are the Fifth Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool Champion with the sad death of William Russell 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

Congratulations to @BuffaloPhil you are the Fifth Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool Champion with the sad death of William Russell 

Thank gawd! I think 4 hits during the game for me is my highest strike rate.

What on earth will the new categories be?

• Like 1

Well don @BuffaloPhil.

Probably a bit late to point out to @Bibliogryphon that I haven't been credited with the Topol hit!

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Well done @Buffalo Phil.

Someone has to be second last, so it may as well be me.

• Thanks 1

As the only two-time Scavenger Hunt winner (:D - for now!), a huge congratulations @BuffaloPhil! A bit of a slow burner this time, but a worthy winning hit and I'm glad it was less of a dash than the first time I picked the categories! What this does now mean is I'm likely going to have to do some Scavenger Hunt research before the summer holidays and with the Euros and a General Election taking place! :facepalm:

And @MortalCaso thanks very much, I'm aware I need to do some updates to previous rounds (William Russell will be a hit in Doctor Who in Round 1 for a start!) and I'll keep an eye on future completists of Round 5 too!

I look forward to seeing Phil's picks for Round 6 soon - and, as always, thanks to @Bibliogryphon for all his hard work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations Phil, well done!

• Thanks 1

Congratulations @BuffaloPhil

• Thanks 1

Well done, Phil, congratulations.

It was another fascinating competition, thanks to Biblio for devising and running it and Rover for the categories.

Bring on the next one!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Well done, Phil, congratulations.

It was another fascinating competition, thanks to Biblio for devising and running it and Rover for the categories.

Bring on the next one!

You'll get your win sooner or later Toast!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats @BuffaloPhil,beautiful performance

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

As the only two-time Scavenger Hunt winner (:D - for now!), a huge congratulations @BuffaloPhil! A bit of a slow burner this time, but a worthy winning hit and I'm glad it was less of a dash than the first time I picked the categories! What this does now mean is I'm likely going to have to do some Scavenger Hunt research before the summer holidays and with the Euros and a General Election taking place! :facepalm:

And @MortalCaso thanks very much, I'm aware I need to do some updates to previous rounds (William Russell will be a hit in Doctor Who in Round 1 for a start!) and I'll keep an eye on future completists of Round 5 too!

I look forward to seeing Phil's picks for Round 6 soon - and, as always, thanks to @Bibliogryphon for all his hard work.

I am away shortly so the new game will not be called until after the election probably with a start date around 1st Aug

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

On 25/11/2022 at 13:34, Bibliogryphon said:

32.   William Russell                                             bg, wa, td, mn, ph, ms, ro, af, to, bp

William Russell was a huge pick ten players but only one could go out from there

• Like 3

13 hours ago, time said:

Well don @BuffaloPhil.

Probably a bit late to point out to @Bibliogryphon that I haven't been credited with the Topol hit!

So sorry I will credit the Scoreboard 

I love this game but it can get quite chaotic

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

So sorry I will credit the Scoreboard 

I love this game but it can get quite chaotic

No problem, you're doing a great job. I only have one team to watch and it took me 15 months to notice the omission.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks all, my first ever deadpool win in one of my favourite pools. Do I now have to pick the categories for the next one? If so, get ready for some supremely unimaginative ideas!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Do I now have to pick the categories for the next one? If so, get ready for some supremely unimaginative ideas!

Looks like there's no rush, but the sooner you make them known, the longer we all have to get our teams together.

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Thanks all, my first ever deadpool win in one of my favourite pools. Do I now have to pick the categories for the next one? If so, get ready for some supremely unimaginative ideas!

Having done it twice, I hear you, the stress is real!

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

Looks like there's no rush, but the sooner you make them known, the longer we all have to get our teams together.

And be aware Toast is always eager for plenty of research time... :lol:

• Haha 1

OK I'll start having a think. Is there a list of all the previous categories anywhere - a, to avoid duplicating and b, to get some ideas!

Here you are.

Actors (generic term covering M & F) who have appeared in Doctor Who

Current or retired members of the UK House of Lords

Participants in the US presidential elections (Presidents, Vice Presidents First and Second Ladies, Challengers and their running mates)

International Test Cricketers

Artists who have had a UK No. 1 Hit single (either solo or as part of a group)

Presidents and Prime Ministers of the current 28 European Union countries (past and present).

Boxers who have held any of the world title belts of any 4 organisational bodies WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO.

Any actors who appeared in the TV series Dallas. Including cast members, co-stars, guest stars, special guest stars "and starring" actor (357 episodes over 14 years.). As per the wiki page "List of Dallas (1978 TV Series) cast members.

Grammy award winners

Anyone who has been in a film with Kevin Bacon.

Any actor who has appeared in an official EON James Bond film between Dr No & No Time To Die.

Any player who was part of a FIFA Men's World Cup Finals squad.

Anyone who has won a Nobel Prize in any category.

Any human deemed to have achieved spaceflight.

Any on-stage performer for a country in a Eurovision Grand Final.

Any actor to appear on screen in any Star Trek franchise (TV or Film)

Any player who was part of an MLB World Series Champion team

Distinguished Pulitzer Prize Winners

Summer Olympics Gold Medal Winners

UK Government cabinet ministers

Anyone who has appeared (credited) in an episode of Coronation Street (1960-present)

Anyone who has win a competitive Brit Award (1977-present) (Popular music only classical Brit awards do not count in this game)

Anyone nominated for an acting Oscar (Best actor/actress or Best Supporting actor/actress)

Anyone who has started a Formula One World Championship Grand Prix (1950-present)

Anybody who has appeared on Time's annual 100 Most Influential People in the World list (2004-present)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You know, at some point we're going to have to revisit some of these! :lol:

• Like 2