Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

Mine are Expiry Date 2023. Not going in a black cab and There is nothing like a dame. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2023 at 12:51, Grim Up North said:

I noticed Spade and others have gone with the certainty of Vialli over the fraction of doubt over Irwin ('probably my last Christmas' is not the same as dead in 6 months) and I agonised over the same decision but landed down on Irwin's side in the end -we'll see.

And now the long nervous wait over Irwin begins...

I'm a lot more concerned about that Thai princess. She would always be a gamble of a pick, but I don't like the thought of her being a dud pick on my main team for the rest of the year if she manages to pull through somehow.

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

And now the long nervous wait over Irwin begins...

Aye, squeaky bum time. 

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

I'm a lot more concerned about that Thai princess. She would always be a gamble of a pick, but I don't like the thought of her being a dud pick on my main team for the rest of the year if she manages to pull through somehow.

Reading Twitter, she's already dead, it's just when the Thai Royal Family confirm it. I hope Twitter's right.

5 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Reading Twitter, she's already dead, it's just when the Thai Royal Family confirm it. I hope Twitter's right.

Oooh, another popular pick on my pool where the qo level is - ahem - a little more permissive than DDP, feel free to share a link

Princess Bajrakitiyabha - ba, bk, cc, dr, gr, jr, mp, ms, tq, tt*

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oooh, another popular pick on my pool where the qo level is - ahem - a little more permissive than DDP, feel free to share a link

Princess Bajrakitiyabha - ba, bk, cc, dr, gr, jr, mp, ms, tq, tt*

The only tweets I can see is that she's brain dead, not body dead. 

Some blue tick account seems to think the palace will keep her artificially alive for now:  

Yeah, my main reason for not picking her was, from what I understand, there's some constitutional crisis that could emerge if she died, so it's in the royal family's best interest to keep her as a vegetable for as long as possible.

If I can offer assistance next year with bio's. Would you be willing to receive help with that? As an internet sleuth I think I can help next year as I expect most of the work for this edition is already done.

Are we now at  FIVE claimed hits so far?

Fay Weldon
Frank McGarvey
Gangsta Boo
Gianluca Vialli
Walter Cunningham.

Any more??

56 minutes ago, drunkasaskunk said:

Are we now at  FIVE claimed hits so far?

Fay Weldon
Frank McGarvey
Gangsta Boo
Gianluca Vialli
Walter Cunningham.

Any more??

Doesn't seem Gangsta Boo was picked. However Bessie Hendricks was. Dick Savitt will be another whenever the surefire QO comes in.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Doesn't seem Gangsta Boo was picked. However Bessie Hendricks was. Dick Savitt will be another whenever the surefire QO comes in.

Majali was picked. No QO.

• Like 1

Thanks.

So current SCORING hits appear to be . . . . 

Walter Cunningham

Bessie Hendricks

Frank McGarvey

Dick Savitt
Gianluca Vialli
Fay Weldon

And we await QOs for . . .

Abdelsalam Majali

Bill Campbell

Is this where we are folks?

Have I missed anyone?

Edited by drunkasaskunk
updating data

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

I did wonder if Hendricks was picked. I noticed she wasn’t last year. 

AA79122F-6B56-4C9B-A898-8644F827A15D.thumb.jpeg.29431bfad7925006b3d5aa2ef136937a.jpegRegardless of a Bill Campbell QO, it’s a 2-fer day for the lowly Cancel My Appointments.  Too bad I don’t play alt-obits. 
To celebrate, Boudicca and I are drinking the good stuff. Graàzie to my Joker, Gianluca Vialli.

[Note: FTR your budget Heinz beans (1£/can) is an extreme luxury item in the States (4£/can).]
SC

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

[Note: FTR your budget Heinz beans (1£/can) is an extreme luxury item in the States (4£/can).]

£1.40 ($1.69) a tin nowadays - cost of living/inflation. 

I've taken them out of the budget! 

Mark Stokes "liked" a tweet within the past 24 hours, if you were worried he'd already left this mortal coil. Either that or the hospice nurses are divvying up his belongings.

4 hours ago, msc said:

£1.40 ($1.69) a tin nowadays - cost of living/inflation. 

I've taken them out of the budget! 

Long preferred  ASDA  Supermarket own brand beans taste and price wise- can get  a pack of four for less than two pounds!

22 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Long preferred  ASDA  Supermarket own brand beans taste and price wise- can get  a pack of four for less than two pounds!

Not a fan of ASDA tinned stuff, always tastes a bit funny to me. That could be Glasgow ASDA of course! Got to the point where if the beans are over a quid forty a tin, you might as well get more chips/etc for the freezer and some ketchup, as they'll last longer and be more filling! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Not a fan of ASDA tinned stuff, always tastes a bit funny to me. That could be Glasgow ASDA of course! Got to the point where if the beans are over a quid forty a tin, you might as well get more chips/etc for the freezer and some ketchup, as they'll last longer and be more filling! 

ASDA obviously save their better quality tinned food for my neck of the woods!!

Its actually only beans and Spaghetti  in terms of tinned food that I buy in terms of own brand tinned food from ASDA 

I quite like their own brand chocolate bars, especially their fruit and nut. Cheap but delicious enough for me as my waistline shows!

• Like 1

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

ASDA obviously save their better quality tinned food for my neck of the woods!!

Aye, no wonder, you've got their management shit scared of those voodoo enemas! :lol:

• Haha 1

I joined 2 small Dead Pools last year and had some fun with it, so I decided to jump in and join the DDP. Thanks to our hosts for doing a great deal of work getting the DDP up and running for 2023 and managing it throughout the year.

Decided my first entry here would be a theme entry: Nearly Dead Kennedys. 

• Like 3

Never really thought of Campbell as an obit risk, especially given the Yahoo expansion and the fact that UK media seem to be getting slightly more favorable towards American athletes in general. Plus his career was decently lengthy, not just some nobody who played 3 games in total

• Like 3