Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

*sighs* I forgot to put in Betty Boothroyd for mine. At least I have her in other pools.

• Like 1

Also, remove Tim Lobinger from the list of the lost of those waiting on a QO, as he's been credited and points awarded already.

• Thanks 1

Raquel Welch's points have been added to my team in the main league table, but not in the Theme Team League.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Raquel Welch's points have been added to my team in the main league table, but not in the Theme Team League.

Thanks.

I manually update the TTL once a month. The latest update, Welch included, will be in the coming days (Feb's almost done already? :o).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't look like an obit is coming for Founder of Life Fitness Augie Nieto. 

Oh. There we go. 

Need to get into the habit of using other search engines besides Google to find this shit. 

British theoretical physicist  Tom McLeish has died and will be a  unique 'hit' for my Blueberry  Crumble team when a Qualifying obituary emerges.

• Like 3

At this point with Browning and Fontaine's guaranteed QOs in the bag, the DDP sits on 60 hits for 60 days.

When does this normally start to tail off?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

At this point with Browning and Fontaine's guaranteed QOs in the bag, the DDP sits on 60 hits for 60 days.

When does this normally start to tail off?

Off memory, the hit-a-day rate ending by mid-March is par the course? Last year held on to late April but that was an outlier.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Off memory, the hit-a-day rate ending by mid-March is par the course? Last year held on to late April but that was an outlier.

Seems to be a bit of a clear out of old favourites, some picked, some abandoned.

There's not one person who's credited death on the DDP I would have picked. (Probably why they aren't living now, tbh :lol:).

I actually think this is 2016 all over again - I think the hit rate will rise rather than fall. 

• Like 2

No score updates until Wednesday. Not at home, but in Dublin.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

One of the few places outside the US I have been. Have a pint of Kilkenny in Temple Bar.

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Hope you've taken your notebook with you to jot down the scorers. :P

Work or pleasure?

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Hope you've taken your notebook with you to jot down the scorers. :P

Work or pleasure?

Well...it would have been for pleasure, BUT.... I am actually in Germany after all. A last minute organisational issue came up, bit of a fuck-up actually.

It will have to be another time.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well...it would have been for pleasure, BUT.... I am actually in Germany after all. A last minute organisational issue came up, bit of a fuck-up actually.

It will have to be another time.

Awww, that's a shame!!!

"Extra holidays for gcreptile!!!" I'll draw up the placards today!

• Like 1

I'm beginning to 'fear'  that my Blueberry Crumble unique pick  theoretical physicist Tom McLeish,  who died last month,  may become a member of the list of the lost  

He wrote a few obituaries for The Guardian  but so far The Guardian hasn't published one for  him.-_-

Not seen his death mentioned on the Forum but Balkrishna Doshi, Indian architect, died in January: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/feb/12/balkrishna-doshi-obituary

Not picked this year, but was picked in 2020 and thus qualifies for the List of the Missed: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2020/celebs_D.html#doshi9b020

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Not seen his death mentioned on the Forum but Balkrishna Doshi, Indian architect, died in January: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/feb/12/balkrishna-doshi-obituary

His death was reported by drol back in January, as B. V. Doshi. 

I would quote the post here, but it won't let me, so here is a link to said post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

His death was reported by drol back in January, as B. V. Doshi. 

I would quote the post here, but it won't let me, so here is a link to the post. 

Interesting.

However, the main point of my post was that it hadn't been picked up for the List of the Missed, which is why I posted here instead of a death thread. :P