Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

April Stevens also carked on the 17th of this month, not the 22nd. 

• Like 1

Was Billy 'The Kid' Emerson a DDP Pick? QO waiting? 

My mediocre team takes the lead once the racist lady’s QO comes…

• Like 1

Bit surprised that there's no Wee Willie Harris QO yet.

I made updates. The next one has to wait until Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

This might be the most diverse group of obits that @Death Impends will have to write for next update.

Belafonte is one of the saddest deaths for me so far this year, while Bryant Donham is one of the happiest. Yin and yang innit.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 16:54, Perhaps said:

She was a nasty piece of work and a sociopath as well as being rather dumb. The question is whether she played dumb and was a full on sociopath. We will never know now although after reading her book I would think she was 75% sociopath and 25% stupid. Either way good riddance.

Was going to pick her but had a real concern that he r death wouldn`t be reported without a substantial delay due to protests at the funeral parlour or any memorial service for the old bag so wasn`t convinced she was still alive at the end of last yrear especially given how ill she looked and reportedly was in August.

• Like 1

Bryant Donham`s book "I am more than a wolf whistle" (2022) gave her date of birth as 23rd July 1934 for the benefit of DDP obit writers.

Same date also given by the New York Times and The Times in their write ups:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/27/us/carolyn-bryant-donham-dead.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/carolyn-bryant-donham-obituary-83z9tdhsn

Just to say in case you think it is pointless doing it, that I have very much enjoyed reading the DDP obits (especially my team's recent wee mention). Always a surprise and a chuckle here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Just to say in case you think it is pointless doing it, that I have very much enjoyed reading the DDP obits (especially my team's recent wee mention). Always a surprise and a chuckle here.

One of those days where the obitwriting took up most my Saturday, haha, so glad to hear it's appreciated. Belafonte was my first obit of this length in some time, iirc longest since the Queen, so definitely crossing fingers whenever it's Carter's time that it's during a dry spell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That's neat. I would have placed him no. 1 candidate for the BBC end of year round-up, too, but nice to already put him to rest.

• Like 1

Linda Lewis is in. This might be the last update for 8 days unless someone super-important dies tomorrow. I won't be at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Linda Lewis is in. This might be the last update for 8 days unless someone super-important dies tomorrow. I won't be at home.

Got an invite to the coronation eh? I knew they'd get someone to represent the DDP at it.

• Haha 1