2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wonder when ITV will announce their line up.

Soon as it’s been revealed in the Telegraph ITV have the first debate next week.

Are GB News covering it live? 

Worth recording the Portillo moments as they arrive!

The BBC will probably have the most cameras set up at polling stations so will probably be the place to see the Portillo moments come in

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Channel 4 in the main for me and perhaps Sky from time to time. Periodically swithcing over to BBC to look on Kunessberg's face as the night goes on :D

Curious that ITV don't appear to have announced their line-up yet although I would assume Bradby and Etchingham as the leads.

If there is an official election night bingo card it should contain "Laura K vomits live on air", as a Tory wipeout could well do that.

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The BBC will probably have the most cameras set up at polling stations so will probably be the place to see the Portillo moments come in

I'm never certain how much sharing of footage in these circumstances goes on. Obviously they all have their own reporters at the key counts, usually helped by several counts going on in one location, but is the footage from one company of the announcements on the podiums made available to other organisations too and pool their resources?

• Like 1

Notwithstanding the bias, I've never found Kuenssberg as unwatchable as most on here clearly do. I do however hate Jeremy Vine with the heat of a thousand suns, so that's me avoiding the BBC. Shame we can't airlift Curtice out of there, as he is well worth watching.

• Like 2

Wonder will GB News go the way of Talk TV after the election given the likelihood ot Ofcom finally getting their finger out of their arse after it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wonder will GB News go the way of Talk TV after the election given the likelihood ot Ofcom finally getting their finger out of their arse after it.

A good point, it's not like it'd be their first warning

What happens to their presenters after that, eh - how about rebooting Jim'll Fix It with Sir Jacob in the chair?

27 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I'm never certain how much sharing of footage in these circumstances goes on. Obviously they all have their own reporters at the key counts, usually helped by several counts going on in one location, but is the footage from one company of the announcements on the podiums made available to other organisations too and pool their resources?

It's my main issue with Sky's coverage. They overdo it with the declarations. Not enough analysis.

• Like 1

Police declare no action on complaint about Rayner.

The cops were heard to say the investigation was taxing, but there was no interest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

From the frequent updates of behind the scenes problems in the Popbitch newsletter, seems like it'll be pisspoor financial returns that threaten GB News more than the regulator. Talk TV was too much of a money pit even for Murdoch. 

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Police declare no action on complaint about Rayner.

The cops were heard to say the investigation was taxing, but there was no interest.

Some one check on Dan Hodges!

• Like 4

FB_IMG_1716911889363.jpg.26dc0348765c6af245e21066d3e25cd4.jpg

Perfect illustration. Thanks for nothing Rishi. And you can fuck right off Liz.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Pretty sure he has this demographic sewed up already 

National Service, Triple Lock Plus, Bowls...he's all about the grey vote at the minute. Read an interesting piece with Mark Wallace, Tory blogger in the 'i' talking about the threats to Sunak:

1. Tories defecting to Reform.

2. Apathetic Tories staying at home.

3. Tory votes going to Labour.

4. Tories voting Lib Dem or Green.

The current policies are aimed at suring up the top 2 groups and trying to reduce Reform's support. At some point, in order to try and win, he's got to try and get some of the bottom groups on side while not alienating the top 2 groups. Almost impossible.

Anyway, he can promise whatever he likes (and he is) because who cares if the maths don't add up? He won't have to fund it.

9 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Pretty sure he has this demographic sewed up already 

Not sure.

Sunak is the man who said "Let them die" during the pandemic. 

Sunak is the man who put up taxes on pensioners to the tune of over 1000 quid a year on average.

Sunak thinks he can buy their votes by returning under 2 quid a week to them - and they'll have to wait until 2025 to get it.

Sunak's record waiting lists means there are a lot of older people waiting on surgery.

Sunak can't get ambulances to people who need them in target times - especially in an emergency.

Sunak has presided over price hikes on food and energy - leaving pensioners decide whether their cat food looks tasty.

Sunak's wild west approach to public services and local authority funding means their council tax has gone through the roof.

The lack of adequate policing and investigation of crime means they are less safe in their homes.

Sunak's continued failures on social care mean they are likely to continue to get 5 minute visits from their local care provider - if they are lucky.

But hey, they require what is it? Dignity...respect? They will always protect pensioners?

REALLY?

• Like 1

2115628178_Screenshot_20240528-200211_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.eadf9c0d24eb3250c94ab6e49ce23f73.jpg

Looks like Diane Abbott can stand as a Labour MP should she wish to.

Meanwhile, the Tories are still desperately asking for Angela Rayner's tax advice, despite GMP and Stockport Council having both dropped their investigations all because HMRC don't comment unless they're bringing charges - and they aren't. :facepalm:

• Like 1

The first day of the campaign which I think has been poor for Labour. Conservatives led the morning papers with the triple lock plus pledge, evening news featuring the non-story Rayner and Abbott rumbling on. 

By the looks of the papers tomorrow, the Tories fairing better. Metro front page covers the pension triple lock pledge again, plus includes Sunak’s claim of Labour costing every family £2000. Mentions Labour’s list of business backers that was quickly debunked. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

The first day of the campaign which I think has been poor for Labour. Conservatives led the morning papers with the triple lock plus pledge, evening news featuring the non-story Rayner and Abbott rumbling on. 

By the looks of the papers tomorrow, the Tories fairing better. Metro front page covers the pension triple lock pledge again, plus includes Sunak’s claim of Labour costing every family £2000. Mentions Labour’s list of business backers that was quickly debunked. 

I’m surprised the print edition of Metro is actually massively interested in a pensions story as its average readership is likely younger than many other papers due to it being an urban commuter paper.

Fed up with the lot of them.   We need a massive redistribution of wealth, a complete replacement of the entire ruling order, an extremely long wall to line people up against and a firing squad with almost unlimited supplies of ammunition.

That said, I'll probably be tacticaly voting Liberal Democrat <_<

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Worth pointing out that the Metro is a sister paper of the Daily Mail. Viscount Rothermere's free rag is hardly going to praise Labour.

• Like 1

Ah, God love the Daily Fail. Nothing says "she's got totally under your skin" like a police announcement there's no case to answer and you decide to try a different line of attack the very next day. I can't wait for her to be Deputy Prime Minister. :lol: Dacre will have an aneurysm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, prussianblue said:

Worth pointing out that the Metro is a sister paper of the Daily Mail. Viscount Rothermere's free rag is hardly going to praise Labour.

And Rachel Reeves is still front-and-centre on the front page, with Sunak reduced to a tiny figure at the bottom of the page. Optics do matter.

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ah, God love the Daily Fail. Nothing says "she's got totally under your skin" like a police announcement there's no case to answer and you decide to try a different line of attack the very next day. I can't wait for her to be Deputy Prime Minister. :lol: Dacre will have an aneurysm.

IIRC this was a policy announced by Sunak a year ago.

A YEAR AGO.

And not implemented. While apprenticeships decline in number, this isn't going get more apprentices in anywhere.

I've already had my say on this - it was the Tories who widely expanded the number of universities and courses 30 years ago, now they are agin them.