20 minutes ago, TQR said:

Time for another GE result prediction based on a poll? Go on then. WeThink Polling (6-7 Jun) has this:

Image.jpeg.45df6f01cb22f3fb93f05b852d224317.jpeg

Sunak's recent antics could mean we see more and more predictions like this.

Those are fascinating numbers. Particularly the fact that the Greens will win Bristol but lose Brighton. That would be galling to them. (Oh, and the Tories having 30 seats is hilarious).

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Tory candidate for Hemel Hempstead withdraws about an hour before the nomination deadline

14.5 k Maj!!

Anyone know if the Tories missed the deadline anywhere? Given last minute withdrawals and the fact they had around 200 empty spots 48 hours ago...

If I'm not mistaken If Sunak does loses his seat he'd be the first Tory leader since Arthur Balfour to lose his seat at a GE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Anyone know if the Tories missed the deadline anywhere? Given last minute withdrawals and the fact they had around 200 empty spots 48 hours ago...

Rotherham allegedly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Michael Crick saying Rotherham the only seat and that was due to a very last minute withdrawal. A seat they definitely wouldn't be winning anyway

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

If I'm not mistaken If Sunak does loses his seat he'd be the first Tory leader since Arthur Balfour to lose his seat at a GE.

He'd also be the first sitting PM to lose his seat since Balfour in 1906.

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

He'd also be the first sitting PM to lose his seat since Balfour in 1906.

Wasn't PM

Liberals had a minority Govt for a month

35 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Michael Crick saying Rotherham the only seat and that was due to a very last minute withdrawal. A seat they definitely wouldn't be winning anyway

But without them Reform could stage a big upset.

Everything about this clip is equal parts hilarious and infuriating. I think the airport quote in the last minute is the piece de resistance though.

• Haha 1

I've just seen the Statement of Persons Nominated for my constituency, and I recognise a local married couple amongst the names nominating the Reform candidate. I didn't expect to see their names there at all.

Plus the local nutter who constantly runs vendettas against planning application is the Proposer for one of the fringe parties.

Gosh. I fear for Mordaunt’s mental health. I’m being serious, I genuinely hope that when she loses her seat she seeks therapy; she’s so brimming with fury and hatred you can see it eating her up. She might not be completely beyond help like, say, Farage.

It's a catfight!

Mordaunt looks like she's already lost her seat and is having a barney before going out to get absolutely rat-arsed. Rayner still looks jumpy about certain policies. Flynn getting a lot of support. Farage is a very confident performer, but continues to blame everything on immigration - won't talk much about his own policies, preferring to deflect on other parties' failure. LibDem has genuine personal passion, but not much traction for their policies.

Actually quite impressed with Daisy Cooper so far. By all accounts she was an effective communicator on Question Time too. Tell you what, the Lib Dems are having a bloody good election campaign. Carla Denyer’s doing well to talk about policy and avoid scraps. Flynn and Rayner are good at scraps. Farage and Mordaunt are stuck in scrap mode. ap Iorwerth appears to just want a lovely chat and a coffee.

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It's a catfight!

Mordaunt looks like she's already lost her seat and is having a barney before going out to get absolutely rat-arsed. Rayner still looks jumpy about certain policies. Flynn getting a lot of support. Farage is a very confident performer, but continues to blame everything on immigration - won't talk much about his own policies, preferring to deflect on other parties' failure. LibDem has genuine personal passion, but not much traction for their policies.

Sunak and D-Day has pretty much sealed that along with ending her leadership ambitions

• Like 1

Audience Member: Why is it that when parties want your vote they promise so much but, when they’re elected, nothing gets done?

Mishal Hussein: Penny Mordaunt?

*audience laughs*

IMG_9667.thumb.jpeg.4f0f1be20b81c1489c8550da5912085a.jpeg

• Haha 3

Catching up on the debate (watched the football again - that wasn't worth the effort). I'm about 40 minutes in, so far it's been the Immigration Election, the Cost-of-Living Election and the Change Election. Wish they'd make their minds up.

And Michal Hussain should have reiterated that Penny Mordaunt was lying about the £2,000 figure since Penny shouted all over her the first time she said it.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Audience Member: Why is it that when parties want your vote they promise so much but, when they’re elected, nothing gets done?

Mishal Hussein: Penny Mordaunt?

*audience laughs*

Why the hell is Angela not making the obvious point? "Nothing gets done, Linda? The last Labour government set up the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly. Introduced the Minimum Wage. Brought peace to Northern Ireland. Introduced Civil Partnerships. Brought in the Human Rights Act. Reduced NHS Waiting Times. Improved School Outcomes. We transformed Britain. Since the Tories came in, local authorities have seen their budgets slashed, NHS waiting times have skyrocketed, schools are falling apart, the cost-of-living has gone through the roof and they've spent a decade trying to make a success out of Brexit. Is it any wonder you've lost all hope?"

• Like 2

4(!) different Independents in my constituency. Will be disappointed if none of them are complete nutters. 

• Haha 2