Keep an eye on Alicia Kearns

I would be amazed if she got it. She would never win the Tory membership,

• Like 1

Dent nails it again.

386394148_Image11.jpeg.92dc8cd4a4278e6f68c0b43a41870279.jpeg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Absolutely on brand for Jones. Zero self awareness as always

What baffles me is why you follow him and post his bile here. Isn't worth any of our time, the moronic twit.

Former Chief Scientific Adviser Patrick Vallance appointed to the HoL and appointed Minister of State for Science 

SNP concede defeat in the final seat remaining to declare. Lib Dems will win back Charles Kennedys old seat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Former Chief Scientific Adviser Patrick Vallance appointed to the HoL and appointed Minister of State for Science 

and all the anti-vaxxers are going into meltdown; fancy!

• Like 1

Looking at Oddschecker about the next Tory leader, it seems that it'll come from these ten (although I guess you can discount Farage and Johnson due to not being Tory MPs) but they don't really have much idea beyond that. If it does come down to Badenoch against Tugendhat it'll be quite interesting to see which way the party goes. I would hope for Tugendhat except that it would probably benefit Reform more than the Conservatives.

image.thumb.png.53e3f91e818f5322657907f88c59a99c.png

I'm trying to work out my favourite moment of the night. Rees-Mogg's seat being Labour's 326th and majority-winning seat was up there, as were Liz Trussterfuck's loss, some of the bust-ups on Channel 4, the gasps of shock on Sky and all that. But I think this insane flurry of Tory scalps all in the space of a few minutes might've been the most exciting part of the evening:

20 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Fabricant's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, TQR said:

JONATHAN GULLIS IS GONE!!!

20 hours ago, TQR said:

BRENDAN SOMETHING-SILLY IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, TQR said:

Simon Hart is gone!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, TQR said:

Fucking good job, Chichester.

20 hours ago, TQR said:

Therese Coffey gone! Oh my god!

20 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Penny's gone!

20 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Mercer gone!!!

20 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Andrea Jenykns out.

20 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Lucy Frazer gone

Thanks everyone for the brilliant coverage over the course of the night. This is gonna be one of those threads to read through again when I fancy a laugh.

• Like 8

If you listen carefully, the Exit Poll caused Kay Burley to orgasm:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TQR said:

I'm trying to work out my favourite moment of the night. Rees-Mogg's seat being Labour's 326th and majority-winning seat was up there, as were Liz Trussterfuck's loss, some of the bust-ups on Channel 4, the gasps of shock on Sky and all that. But I think this insane flurry of Tory scalps all in the space of a few minutes might've been the most exciting part of the evening:

Thanks everyone for the brilliant coverage over the course of the night. This is gonna be one of those threads to read through again when I fancy a laugh.

Great night. I look forward to the post-mortem in 5 years time as we watch Farage sweep into Downing Street. :D

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Great night. I look forward to the post-mortem in 5 years time as we watch Farage sweep into Downing Street. :D

Well, that's how to piss on our 4th July bonfire good and proper.

There are many reasons why people voted the way they did yesterday and many anomalies produced by that, but you cannot escape the fact that Reform got 4M votes and that this resulted in only 4 seats.

Lib dems got 3.5M votes for 71 seats.

Greens a little under 2M for 4 seats.

I'm a supporter of PR (as previously stated) but in this instance I'm almost glad we don't have it (though I console myself people wouldnt have voted this way had we had it).

Fighting the Kaiser of Clacton is going to be ongoing. He's never going to shut up about the number of votes. My mute button is going to see some serious action if I watch anything political over the next 5 years.

NB. Glad to see you got through yesterday somehow on apparently zero sleep :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/07/2024 at 13:24, msc said:

I legit thought you'd brought up a Cecilia Twitter post here! :lol:

Lammy not only has made contacts in every Western government for Starmer, he also got him a meeting with Macron at the D-Day thing. He's not being shifted.

Here's a legit Cecilia post and fair play, Lily Allen never replies to my trolling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TQR said:

Apart from the obvious ones this is one of mine

Makes no attempt (and rightly so) to disguise his delight at the result and his absolute sheer contempt for Galloway 

• Like 3

Wales Estate.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Wales Estate.jpg

Huh? All the Crown Estate revenues are paid into the Treasury already.   Not enough people know this.  The Crown brings in far more £ than it takes out.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Huh? All the Crown Estate revenues are paid into the Treasury already.   Not enough people know this.  The Crown brings in far more £ than it takes out.

I think they want the Welsh Senedd to have control of the coffers, as well as the ability to exploit.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

The Crown brings in far more £ than it takes out

That rather depends on what you use as a basis. Civil list v tourism or etc etc.

But anyway, I'm not about to get into any sort of argy-bargy with you about the monarchy. We're on opposite sides of the fence on that one ;).

And of course it's not my captions it's just a gag. I'd have put a source of inherited land income or some other of the advantages they enjoy.