Dead Wait

Noddy Holder

Just now, Dead Wait said:

Noddy Holder given 6 months to live

By Hamas or Israel or someone else? 

Aw man, that puts his suggestion of uniting the classic line-up of Slade for the Legends slot at Glasto in perspective. Doubtless their various spats will be set-aside, they shared loads and made some great music at their best. 

The Sun has it - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/24455480/slade-noddy-holder-cancer-battle/

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

You two are quick!

Pressed enter before paste and in the 2 mins in between 2 comments already.

Anyone would think we live and breathe this stuff eh……

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For anyone who hasn't read the article first ....

He was told he had six months to live five years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Toast said:

Noddy for Deathlist 2019!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, TQR said:

Noddy for Deathlist 2019!

Before or after Christmas?

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Aye, but...

The coverage is all about how the medical treatment has bought him time, nobody's saying he's getting better, just that he's stable. 

If he was serious about reuniting the band (and probably so since a major reason they haven't reunited is his previous lack of interest) then that's an indication that a couple of years back he clearly felt well enough to survive 45 mins on stage on a Sunday afternoon at Glasontonbury. So, the treatment was likely working well above expectations for a while. 

If all 4 are alive in two years time, they should reform for at least a one-off to celebrate 60 years since they got together. Could any other band match that feat? As someone said before, maybe Manfred Mann?

By the way, I luv Slade, as I think almost everyone does.

51 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

If all 4 are alive in two years time, they should reform for at least a one-off to celebrate 60 years since they got together. Could any other band match that feat? As someone said before, maybe Manfred Mann?

Fairly sure we've had this chat hereabouts before but I - sort of - had dealings with them twenty odd years ago, the gist of which was to try and arrange a reunion without them having to meet. Not as daft as it sounds. The idea was to do a radio play sequel to their Flame movie (i.e., they'd play their characters and read their parts, so most of it could have been done separately and they'd only have been united by editing). 

Long story short but it didn't get close to happening, and that was in the days when Dave and Don were both still in the live band. Noddy back then was under the management wing of Sharon Osbourne so getting directly to him wasn't possible and Jim's pretty much a law unto himself - bouyed up by the fact he earns half the songwriting money so he's way better off than the two who stayed on stage. 

If anything could get the four of them back in the room it would be the impending and certain death of one of them.

Reading it it sounds like he might well last to 2025 or further still but could still be worth of putting on the list, 

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I don't.   Most of their songs sound the same, and there's that bloody Christmas one which is far more deserving of a Sladeageddon than the Wham song.

And nobody will be surprised that the deliberate misspellings in their song titles always boiled my piss.

4 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Abba? 

I did think he looked a bit frail when I saw a picture a few months ago so definitely one to keep an eye on. However if he has kept this quiet for 5 years, I don’t expect we will be getting much information about his condition going forward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bated Death said:

Have they played in public together since the 80s?

Yeah, but not significantly - they spent the late eighties recording and looking for a big opportunity to get back to the big time, there wasn't that much hunger to start from the bottom up and do lengthy tours to reclaim their crowd. The last time the four of them played was a one off at a fan club convention in 1991 where they did one song - covering Chuck Berry. 

Re the other comment above about how they see each other, I'm not claiming much expertise here but from what I understand with Noddy and Jim it was very much a case of been there/done that. The real acrimony now - oddly - is Don and Dave who were fast friends for years but Dave firing Don from the live band by email has soured that situation to the point it'd likely take a fuck-tonne of cash for a one-off gig to sort it.  

• Like 1

On 20/10/2023 at 07:20, JonNgoat said:

I did think he looked a bit frail when I saw a picture a few months ago so definitely one to keep an eye on. However if he has kept this quiet for 5 years, I don’t expect we will be getting much information about his condition going forward.

Well I was wrong on this one. Interviewed by the BBC about his condition.

• Like 4

On 19/10/2023 at 23:09, Bated Death said:

Have they played in public together since the 80s?

It depends upon on whether you  include holograms, AI etc - https://abbavoyage.com/.

It's all about

And

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Interesting.  I often look for when old people wear multiple layers to hide how gaunt they are.  But he looks OK in the face and though he's thin, I don't think he looks like death warmed up.  That said, it's kind of like an Olivia Newton-John or Valerie Harper situation here, where when the drugs stop working, it goes downhill very quickly.  I'll debate adding him to some of my lists, but if I pass, 2025 would make a lot of sense.