Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2024

9 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Not.complaining, merely an observation.... Nature's Way, currently on top of the DDP, doesn't look like a theme team to me. Field, Burrow, Whale etc. I get, but Newhart and Rantzen?

No idea. I'm guessing a hart being a deer and an ester being some kind of compound?

14 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Not complaining, merely an observation.... Nature's Way, currently on top of the DDP theme team, doesn't look like a complete theme team to me. Field, Burrow, Whale, Roche, Brooks etc. I get, but Newhart and Rantzen?

Dyke and Van are man-made, but I suppose we can let him have Dick.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Not complaining, merely an observation.... Nature's Way, currently on top of the DDP theme team, doesn't look like a complete theme team to me. Field, Burrow, Whale, Roche, Brooks etc. I get, but Newhart and Rantzen?

The whole theme seems to wide in general, most popular picks could fit in to the category 'Names found in nature' depending on how much leeway you're giving yourself on the definition of nature. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have allowed it as a theme team.

so frustrated about not having picked Burrow, I really thought (and hoped) he'd have another year in him… I go from fourth to fourteenth grrr

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

so frustrated about not having picked Burrow, I really thought (and hoped) he'd have another year in him… I go from fourth to fourteenth grrr

I've never had to worry about 14th place, tbh. Just under 7 months to go though - a pipe dream that I may climb the table to such dizzy heights! :sherlock:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I've never had to worry about 14th place, tbh. Just under 7 months to go though - a pipe dream that I may climb the table to such dizzy heights! :sherlock:

Where did you finish last year? 
I’m not mad about my score, I think it’s pretty good for a second year (now that I get the qo rules ahah). My hopes are on Jose Maria Marin, ex FIFA administrator and Sao Paulo governor who suffered a serious stroke last year at 92 : solo pick of mine who would worth some points. Not sure about his qo chances though but his arrest in 2015 gave some guardian and dailymail articles so we never know… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Where did you finish last year? 
I’m not mad about my score, I think it’s pretty good for a second year (now that I get the qo rules ahah). My hopes are on Jose Maria Marin, ex FIFA administrator and Sao Paulo governor who suffered a serious stroke last year at 92 : solo pick of mine who would worth some points. Not sure about his qo chances though but his arrest in 2015 gave some guardian and dailymail articles so we never know… 

Think my highest place was back in 2018 - 58th. But I've always been a bit rubbish at this. I'm not the competitive type, never mind spending my Christmas searching for pancreatic cancer sufferers or stroke victims.

That's not to say I'm not interested though. Happy where I am in the running. I'm more concerned about my theme teams - nothing so far on those, which even I'm surprised at! :lol:

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Jeanette Charles QO as above.

It's strange, I have an aversion to clicking on Daily Mail links, yet will quite comfortably click on Metro links, despite them both being owned by the same company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do we get a day off work for the Royal Funeral of Jeannette Charles?

• Haha 1

William Russell is my first hit for my I Cannot Believe They're Not Deader team

• Like 1

On 13/05/2023 at 11:56, Ulitzer95 said:

Just came across this news article from last month confirming that war novelist Bill Spence (wiki) aka Jessica Blair (when he's writing romance fiction), turned 100!

Retired three years ago after suffering a fall. A unique DDP pick.

On 03/06/2024 at 12:10, drol said:

Bill Spence dead at 101.

As above, Bill Spence is for the LotM having been last picked 2023 (sorry @Gooseberry Crumble)

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_S.html#spenceb022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Tom Bower goes on the LotM last picked 2023.

I was :o until I realised it's some US actor I've never heard of, and not the British author and journalist.

Unnatural death bonus points for William Anders have now been added to the scoreboard. Simon Cowell (wildlife) update coming soon!

• Like 2