Paul Bearer

Catherine Windsor AKA Kate Middleton

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Some people online are speculating she's already dead. With a documentary on channel 5 using past tense. Though many fail to realise that it's a documentary made by channel 5.

https://x.com/Namaste_40/status/1776904206953123901

If I see her mum in the butchers again tomorrow I'll ask her.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Some people online are speculating she's already dead. With a documentary on channel 5 using past tense. Though many fail to realise that it's a documentary made by channel 5. 

https://x.com/Namaste_40/status/1776904206953123901

The biggest shock to me here is Channel 5 is still being watched.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

The biggest shock to me here is Channel 5 is still being watched.

I actually watched a Channel 5 show recently (Coma; was alright, mostly watched it because Jason Watkins is a class act) for what I believe to be the first time since Robot Wars over 20 years ago.

• Like 1

If she gets close to Death's Door I hope she pulls through it. 

1 hour ago, drunkasaskunk said:

If she gets close to Death's Door I hope she pulls through it. 

She wouldn't be making a public appearance if she was.

26 minutes ago, Comped said:

:whoosh:

She seems to be on a very long cycle of chemo. Didn't she start in February?

1 hour ago, Comped said:

We can hope. 

41 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

She seems to be on a very long cycle of chemo. Didn't she start in February?

Late February according to the initial statement. So that's about 3-and-a-half months now. Not unduly long depending on the cancer type. And she may also be having precautionary extra chemo to reduce risk of a reoccurrence. We really don't know, as we haven't been told details of the cancer.

1 hour ago, drunkasaskunk said:

We can hope. 

We can take the various non-HMTLQ members of the Royal Family at the end of their lives (bar Diana) as examples - they never would have attended such public events if they were truly that dire...

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Late February according to the initial statement. So that's about 3-and-a-half months now. Not unduly long depending on the cancer type. And she may also be having precautionary extra chemo to reduce risk of a reoccurrence. We really don't know, as we haven't been told details of the cancer.

Casting my mind back to my mother, she was scheduled to have six doses of chemo at three-week intervals, so that would have been 18 weeks (she didn't make it to the end).

But chemo is different for every person, it's not a one-size-fits-all.

Let's not forget Catherine had a major op before this, which by itself could easily take at least six months to recover from. 

I wish her a quick and complete recovery as I don't have her in any pools.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Comped said:

Perhaps more important for our purposes, she "will attend King Charles III ‘s ceremonial birthday parade on Saturday, Kate’s first public appearance since her diagnosis."

Photos from the birthday parade

princezna-catherine.png

princezna-kate.png

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, LWCZ said:

Photos from the birthday parade

princezna-catherine.png

princezna-kate.png

Seat Belts anybody?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

Seat Belts anybody?

It'll be fine.

They're nowhere near Paris.

• Haha 9

She looked well and happy.

Had to laugh at a poll on Twitter/X yesterday predicting what colour she would wear.  Hardly anyone realised that party political colours would be a no-go.

Charlotte nudging Louis to stand up straighter when the National Anthem was played. :D  She's going to be Princess Anne 2.0. Keeping everyone in order and taking no crap.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Toast said:

Had to laugh at a poll on Twitter/X yesterday predicting what colour she would wear.  Hardly anyone realised that party political colours would be a no-go.

She's wearing the colours of a couple of defunct/minor parties actually. Probably most notably the Ulster Democratic Party.

3 hours ago, Toast said:

She looked well and happy.

When she and William married, John Major and David Cameron (and their wives) were both invited, but not Tony Blair or Gordon Brown. Read into that what you will. 

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

When she and William married, John Major and David Cameron (and their wives) were both invited, but not Tony Blair or Gordon Brown. Read into that what you will. 

Cameron was Prime Minister at the time, so I suspect there was an obligation to invite him.

I had to check up on Major, and I think Wikipedia may have the answer:

"Following the death of Princess Diana in 1997, Major was appointed a special guardian to Princes William and Harry, with responsibility for legal and administrative matters. As a result of this, Major was the only current or former prime minister out of the five then still alive invited to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May 2018."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TQR said:

:whoosh:

Such a brilliant joke, how could anyone miss it.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I had to check up on Major, and I think Wikipedia may have the answer:

"Following the death of Princess Diana in 1997, Major was appointed a special guardian to Princes William and Harry, with responsibility for legal and administrative matters. As a result of this, Major was the only current or former prime minister out of the five then still alive invited to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May 2018."

I do wonder, if Major had stayed in office for a few months, would he still have been offered the role? Or would it have gone to someone else?

If Major had still been prime minister when Diana died, he'd presumably have been thought too busy. Most likely the job would have gone to a former home secretary or chancellor - Major is both, as well as being ex-pm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

If Major had still been prime minister when Diana died, he'd presumably have been thought too busy. Most likely the job would have gone to a former home secretary or chancellor - Major is both, as well as being ex-pm.

I would think he still could have - he was quite close with the Queen post-92, and is still with the family in general to the present day. May have looked odd, but there was a reason why they chose him specifically, despite the political connotations.

IMG_7318.jpeg.be8db524d5a5f092830d4bdb81194eca.jpeg

Anyone else think there is something deeply foreboding about this photograph taken by Catherine and released for Fathers Day.

This is what I would expect them to release if things turned to the worst for her.

• Like 1