Deb'sdead

Titanic Survivors

59 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

It's going to be a scenario where the company will get sued by millionaires/billionaires but they don't win the case because it's in their documents that there is a risk of death and everyone signed it.

I think the document they had to sign mentioned death 3 times.  I think it imploded, the only good thing is if that happened they would have known nothing about it, it would have been that fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

It's going to be a scenario where the company will get sued by millionaires/billionaires but they don't win the case because it's in their documents that there is a risk of death and everyone signed it.

Yeah, but billionaires hire lawyers who find loopholes, like evidence the company wilfully misled the clients because there was evidence the sub in question wasn't as safe as they said etc. etc. Notable that a few people have already come forward suggesting they had safety worries years back. The one conspicuously thriving group of survivors from here on in are lawyers.

What do I fancy - five guys or a sub? I know what, I’ll have both………..

…………said the Atlantic Ocean!

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Tango854 said:

I hope they are rescued before they fully suffocate to death IF they are alive.

They're already dead also fuck them.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

Even in the best case scenario where the find the submersible intact, there’s no precedent for pulling a ship up from a depth of this level and the time it would take to find one would likely exhaust their remaining air supply. 

Reporting a debris field found.

Looks like disaster some days ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Listening to an expert on the Beeb talking about this.

Takes the brain 4 nanoseconds to register that something is wrong. The nature of the implosion would have occurred in about 2 nanoseconds. They were dead before they could even register panic. That's pretty reassuring to the families at least that there was no suffering involved.

• Like 5

image.png.0b727e8dc679620b1c00096319339650.png

From live breaking news.

• Like 1

When you discover the pointy bit, it's game over.

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Would seem to tally with @One shot Paddy's theory that it imploded 

Sadly when it didn't surface a few hours after contact was lost implosion was by far the most likley. At least they knew/felt nothing.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Listening to an expert on the Beeb talking about this.

Takes the brain 4 nanoseconds to register that something is wrong. The nature of the implosion would have occurred in about 2 nanoseconds. They were dead before they could even register panic. That's pretty reassuring to the families at least that there was no suffering involved.

Thankfuly it is that quick because during that high a presure implosion you will undergo compression ignition the same as fuel in a diesel engine!

• Like 1

Apparently was found 487m away from Titanic.

At risk of hypocrisy and not wanting to get all Old Testament fire and brimstone preachy about it, but you'd like to think this might be seen as a sign for rich tourists to stop poking their noses into what's essentially a mass grave. I feel sadder about the cross-channel charity swimmer who went missing this week, with far less media fanfare. He probably didn't die in two nanoseconds. 

• Like 15

The Onion didn't wait long:

There was also this exchange in the replies:

• Haha 3

For any common or garden millionaires now looking to snap up a cheaper deal (or YTS kids looking for jobs), I’m afraid Oceangate’s website appears to have imploded.

The incident should be referred to as Oceangategate, I suppose.

Graphic showing excerpts from emails between Rob McCallum and Stockton Rush. “You are wanting to use a prototype un-classed technology in a very hostile place. As much as I appreciate entrepreneurship and innovation, you are potentially putting an entire industry at risk.” In response, Mr Rush says: “I know that our engineering focused, innovative approach flies in the face of the submersible orthodoxy, but that is the nature of innovation.” He then adds: “I have grown tired of industry players who try to use a safety argument to stop innovation and new entrants from entering their small existing market. Since Guillermo and I started OceanGate we have heard the baseless cries of ‘you are going to kill someone’ way too often. I take this as a serious personal insult.” A reply from Mr McCallum says: “I think you are potentially placing yourself and your clients in a dangerous dynamic. Ironically, in your race to Titanic you are mirroring that famous catch cry ‘she is unsinkable

The very definition of chickens coming home to roost. In some ways a shame Mr Rush didn't have a chance to register his hubris before he imploded.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brad252 said:

The Onion didn't wait long:

There was also this exchange in the replies:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f835400eb3b5def

Well at least they all died without apparent pain and they are absolute shoe-ins for the Darwin Award.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 23:03, Tango854 said:

I hope they are rescued before they fully suffocate to death IF they are alive.

67296-769a75f5-a166-43c6-be8d-dd781beaee

Spoiler
Spoiler

67300-c24ce3bc-28e2-455d-871a-4fd50a17b1

• Like 1