Guest Peter

Elton John

51 minutes ago, Kenny said:

The goal of a concert should be to entertain the fans who have paid high prices to see it.

Which is exactly what he did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Which is exactly what he did.

No he didn't. :banghead:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny said:

No he didn't. :banghead:

You’re not gonna knock any sense into yourself doing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TQR said:

You’re not gonna knock any sense into yourself doing that.

It would help if you were not such an idiotic, hate-filled moron.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny said:

It would help if you were not such an idiotic, hate-filled moron.

No I’m not. :banghead:

• Haha 1

Just now, TQR said:

No I’m not. :banghead:

Yes, you are!

• Like 1

Calm down children.

He is a showman and he did exactly that - put on a show for an audience who loves his music at the end of his 50 year career. He wasn't putting on a show for someone called Kenny on a forum.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Calm down children.

He is a showman and he did exactly that - put on a show for an audience who loves his music at the end of his 50 year career. He wasn't putting on a show for someone called Kenny on a forum.

Elton was putting on a show for the BBC viewers including me. We are forced to subsidise that monolith and its Glastonbury coverage via the telly tax aka the licence fee. The real beneficiary will be David Furnish, apparently the driving force behind Reg Dwight's never-ending "farewell tour", and his huge inheritance.

“Idiotic, hate-filled moron”, he says. Hmm.

• Haha 1

Couldn't hold back them tears when he played rocketman for the last time :(

6 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

Couldn't hold back them tears when he played rocketman for the last time :(

Elton is the new Frank Sinatra/Tony Bennett so he'll be playing it many more times before his "farewell tour" finally ends.

David Furnish wants to live in the style to which he become long accustomed. It wouldn't surprise me if Elton is still touring in 2030.

• Like 1

Been told some really vile rumours about Elton in the last few years by a few journo mates. I really hope they're not true but I guess the proof will be in the pudding if things start to come out after he dies. 

Also heard similar stories about David Jason. I take these whispers with a pinch of salt. That said, the Mail journo who told me in late 2021 that the Queen was suffering from a form of cancer turned out to be 100% right so I don't dismiss anything lightly either.

• Like 1

Most I know about Elton John is that he's the go to person if you want to go cold turkey/stay sober and stay cold turkey/sober. Everyone seems to turn to him as an agony uncle/aunt.

Just now, ladyfiona said:

Most I know about Elton John is that he's the go to person if you want to go cold turkey and stay cold turkey. Everyone seems to turn to him as an agony uncle/aunt.

Like Max Clifford?

57 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Been told some really vile rumours about Elton in the last few years by a few journo mates. I really hope they're not true but I guess the proof will be in the pudding if things start to come out after he dies. 

Also heard similar stories about David Jason. I take these whispers with a pinch of salt. That said, the Mail journo who told me in late 2021 that the Queen was suffering from a form of cancer turned out to be 100% right so I don't dismiss anything lightly either.

I've heard the rumors about Elton John as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lilham said:

I've heard the rumors about Elton John as well.

OK, I'll ask:  what rumors?  Perhaps across the pond I'm unaware.  

8 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

OK, I'll ask:  what rumors?  Perhaps across the pond I'm unaware.  

Obviously the rumors that he got abducted by a UFO. What else could they possibly be talking about?

• Haha 2

Just now, Superstar said:

Obviously the rumors that he got abducted by a UFO

Oh, those rumors!  :lol:

Apart from the first guest with the gospel choir, the remaining 3 guests were absolutely awful. The youtube singer who made a 5 minute speech, and went for an embarrassing hug with Elton at the end) - probably kissed goodbye to his career right there. The American lead singer of a band that dressed like Alan Partridge, wearing teeth he had bought the previous day (wearing them in for Shergar), and the Japanese lady who turned up in her pants whose voice was completely the wrong range and tone to sing the Kiki Dee classic. In terms of Elton's voice, he skipped the high notes same as he has done for 30+ years, but the rest of it was sung well and mostly in tune, certainly better than some manage (ahem Macca, Axl Rose and others). He also focussed completely on the hits, so he had thought about the brief, although I'd have loved to hear Skyline Pigeon.

17 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Can confirm that Jason stories are very, very common knowledge among fourth estaters. I can only assume the reason they haven't come out is because 50% of cable channels would shut down if they couldn't fill their schedules with endless documentaries about OFAH.

17 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

the proof will be in the pudding

I hope this is not cockney rhyming slang for the poof is in the paedo ring.

3 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

the Kiki Dee classic

Wonder why he didn't get Kiki on?  Anything known? 

Also anyone know why Dua Lipa didn't put in an appearance?

On 16/04/2019 at 23:49, DevonDeathTrip said:

Some of Elton John's backing band - Davey Johnson (guitar), Nigel Olsson (drums) and Ray Cooper (percussion) - have been performing with him for the best part of fifty years and are probably all highly obitable in their own right.  No idea about their health though.

I can't say I'm a great admirer of his work, but am guessing he must be a good boss to have inspired such loyalty from his troops. 

All seemingly well enough to accompany Elton at Glasto.

• Like 2