totenkopf

The Beatles Death Curse

The Kinks are better than both of them if you ask me.

• Like 1

Well

TODAY the Kinks are better than both of them because they're not their own tribute like the Stones or mourning their most interesting members like the Beatles.

But better overall...hmmm, dunno about that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, msc said:

I dont think so but I do think the Small Faces run both fairly close.

8 hours ago, msc said:

You must a kink in your head.

7 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

You must a kink in your head.

Now there, we're all entitled to our own opinions. There is no wrong opinion as long as it doesn't relate to drugs, sex, or violence...

Just finished reading a biography of Ringo yesterday and there was a curious little aside regarding his All Starr Band tours and the various musos in each line up. Our man Ringo - a reformed druggie and recovering alchie - has apparantly been instrumental (heh heh) in bringing about the reformation of others. Having toured with him and been impressed with Ringo's functionality Dr John put himself into rehab whilst Dave Edmunds got such a shock when he had a medical to check whether he was insurable as an All Starr Band member that he - too - cleaned up his act immediately. Others have simply ended a tour with a resolution to moderate their behaviour and acted accordingly.

• Like 1

Oh aye, and - speaking of Ringo - here's a list of ALL Beatle drummers. The point being that some of these were - however briefly - Beatles. Anyone else performing with them on record or - in the case of Billy Preston - live was himself. No mention of the death of Hanton, Hutchinson, Roberts or Chapman.Nicol and Best are certainly still alive. So - potentially - that's EIGHT surviving Beatles. Anyone know different?

http://blogcritics.org/the-beatles-many-drummers/

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, and - speaking of Ringo - here's a list of ALL Beatle drummers. The point being that some of these were - however briefly - Beatles (one was a Beetle). Anyone else performing with them on record or - in the case of Billy Preston - live was himself. No mention of the death of Hanton, Hutchinson, Roberts or Chapman.Nicol and Best are certainly still alive. So - potentially - that's EIGHT surviving Beatles. Anyone know different?

http://blogcritics.org/the-beatles-many-drummers/

It was 50 years ago today...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It was 50 years ago today...

Yippee. It, along the original Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, were the first albums I got on vinyl a little over a month ago. I love the album, and it's definitely one of my favorite albums of all time (there's just something about it that always grips each time and make me want to listen to the whole thing each time). I should play it right now actually...

• Like 1

The Epstein family lawyer Rex Makin has died aged 91. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/rex-makin-dead-91-tributes-13244340

Sometime credited with inventing the term Beatlemania and arranged Brian's funeral. He was also involved with the Walton sextuplet and Hillsborough cases.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Makin

He was also the father of Ian Brady's lawyer.

• Like 2

Form checking time for the photographer Harry Benson. Picks up honorary Degree from Glasgow Uni today.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, a Jewish music fan, has died aged 33. He was hired by his 12 disciples to promote his spiritual message, after which he also worked heavily with Satan.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bladan said:

Jesus Christ, a Jewish music fan, has died aged 33. He was hired by his 12 disciples to promote his spiritual message, after which he also worked heavily with Satan.

You’re only about 2000 years late with that one. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

You’re only about 2000 years late with that one. 

It’s amusing that you assume I’m an electrical engineer, especially since I have absolutely no interest in that at all. :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

It’s amusing that you assume I’m an electrical engineer, especially since I have absolutely no interest in that at all. :rolleyes:

Geoffrey Ellis died in February, but I didn't like to report it as it seemed twitter gossip and I couldn't tie the obit I saw to the man himself.

Anyway, the man who was persuaded by Epstein (and who was a childhood friend of his from the 'Pool) to head up NEMS Enterprises now has a Times Obit: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/geoffrey-ellis-obituary-gtnc22d83

Edit: One of the last people known to have seen Epstein alive. The only other one now surviving is Peter Brown. (He called to say he was ok....)...

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 14:47, bladan said:

On 1/3/2018 at 15:06, bladan said:

:scratchhead: I’m not sure what happened...

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Geoffrey Ellis died in February, but I didn't like to report it as it seemed twitter gossip and I couldn't tie the obit I saw to the man himself.

Anyway, the man who was persuaded by Epstein (and who was a childhood friend of his from the 'Pool) to head up NEMS Enterprises now has a Times Obit: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/geoffrey-ellis-obituary-gtnc22d83

Edit: One of the last people known to have seen Epstein alive. The only other one now surviving is Peter Brown. (He called to say he was ok....)...

Here's a write up without a pay wall: https://www.m-magazine.co.uk/news/geoffrey-ellis-rip/

• Like 1