Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

2 hours ago, Club Mud said:

Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it....

As soon as congress starts an impeachment inquiry on Joe Biteme, Jimmy will drop dead and absorb the entire news cycle.

It will be Jimmy this and Jimmy that, and we have this big funeral in the capitol. Blah, blah, blah.

And oh, by the way those nasty smelly republicans are impeaching Joe, but nothing to see here, except a wonderful funeral for Jimmy.

He actually might be dead already??? Timing is everything in comedy and politics, which are one and the same.

This is so stupid that I can only laugh at you for being so stupid.

• Facepalm 1

My friend was telling me last night that the conspiracy theorists are trying to push a "Carter is actually dead/they're keeping him for an October surprise in 13 months" thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lilham said:

My friend was telling me last night that the conspiracy theorists are trying to push a "Carter is actually dead/they're keeping him for an October surprise in 13 months" thing.

They were peddling the same rubbish about Queen Liz for the Platinum Jubilee last year so if that's anything to go by Carter will be perfectly fine throughout his birthday celebrations and die about 6 months later in April.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Presidents never die without notice.Its impossible especially in the age of social media where even if you wanted to try you couldn't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

They were peddling the same rubbish about Queen Liz for the Platinum Jubilee last year so if that's anything to go by Carter will be perfectly fine throughout his birthday celebrations and die about 6 months later in April.

I think it's all WWE plotlines?

And then there's actual shit that happens irl that's far more interesting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

My family firmly believes the Queen Mum was euthanised in March 2002 so her death wouldn't overshadow the jubilee.Seems more plausible than most conspiracy theories but for a 101 year old with a 4 month long chest infection it seems unlikely they would need to help her along.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Will somebody kindly inform him that  Aarons just scored for Wales.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/02/2023 at 18:18, Insane said:

i am really hoping he sees 100 but i hate to agree with him only living a few more months. hes probably going to wait intl his 99th birthday then pass away if he still alive a month after his 99th ill consider him making 2024.

(From what I can see) the one prediction someone has made on here at the start of hospice treatment that has the potential of being correct :P

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Great Cornholio said:

(From what I can see) the one prediction someone has made on here at the start of hospice treatment that has the potential of being correct :P

cmon, dont make me get put on the government watch list!

• Like 1

Carter has now surpassed the longest lived Vice President John Nance Garner.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

15 hours ago, EDMUND901 said:

Carter has now surpassed the longest lived Vice President John Nance Garner.

WIthout ever being Vice president

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WEP said:

WIthout ever being Vice president

there's still time for that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Unexpected Months in Hospice Have Been 'Meaningful' to Jimmy Carter as He 'Comes to the End,' Grandson Says

Jason Carter, grandson of the former president and chair of the Carter Center, opens up about his family's rollercoaster year — and how Jimmy's end-of-life care has turned into an unforeseen "blessing"

When former President Jimmy Carter entered hospice care back in February, his family expected the 98-year-old to only have "a matter of days" left, his grandson Jason Carter tells PEOPLE. Seven months later, the longest-living president is still watching baseball at home and enjoying time with the family that he and Rosalynn built.

"These last several months have been surprising for all of us, but it's been a real blessing," Jason says. "Both because there's been so much additional time that we've all gotten to spend together, but also because it's given us this ability to reflect on our personal relationships and experience the outpouring from around the world for him and for [Rosalynn] and for them as a couple."

And while the whole family has been moved hearing stories of how Jimmy touched others' lives, Jason notes that the former president himself feels grateful for the opportunity to glimpse at the legacy he'll soon leave behind.

"My grandfather right now is really physically limited — he's coming to the end, as is obvious by the fact that he's been in hospice — and so in that way I think he's frustrated," Jason says. "But he also has been able to experience that level of love."

Jason continues: "This is an important part of his faith journey, and it's one that you don't get to experience at any other time in your life except for the very end. And so in that way, I think this has been a really meaningful time for him, and it's been a really reflective time for him."

While Jimmy finds spiritual strength in his latest journey, Rosalynn, 96, is facing her own health challenges — in May, the former first lady was diagnosed with dementia.

"There are certainly days where my grandfather is sad that she's not participating in this reality in the same way as the rest of us, but they're still there," Jason explains. "There are a lot of different ways that [dementia] can manifest, and for her, it has manifested in such a happy and loving way, which is not surprising given the way she has lived her life and the joy that she's always felt. And so it's difficult, but it's the best possible case scenario really in that way."

Despite their limitations, Jason says, "They are definitely still there for each other."

"They are in love at home together and at peace with whatever comes. ... That love story that really defines their life continues to define it."

Jason, in many ways, appears a successor to his grandparents' legacy.

He chairs the Carter Center — the human rights organization that Jimmy and Rosalynn founded after leaving the White House — and followed in his grandfather's footsteps as both a Georgia state senator from 2010 to 2015 and the state's Democratic nominee for governor in 2014. He began his public service career in the Peace Corps on the advice of Jimmy.

But Jason rebuffs being described that way, insisting that he's only one of countless individuals whose stories reflect the hard work of his grandparents. His exact words: "There's millions of successors."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It seems to be said often, but grandson says both are approaching end of their lives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

It seems to be said often, but grandson says both are approaching end of their lives. 

If anybody can sniff out their corpses, you can! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tbf, the grandson says this all the time.

But if Thatcher deemed it worthy of a mention this means both Jimmy and Rosalynn will be dead by tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5