Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

2 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

i know this is not the thread for it, but since you brought the "Orange Man bad" routine. I honestly thought Trump did an ok job in his first 3 years. Not great, but absolutely not the descent into the abyss of Hell that CNN and MSNBC promised us: decent economy, no new wars...it was just regular conservative business (you know, minus the tweets and the impeachment). I would go as far as to say that his first 3 years of presidency were, in many aspects, better than Carter's term. In fact, most analysts were predicting by the end of 2019 that The Donald was heading into a landslide reelection never seen since Reagan's second term.

Then 2020 came and it all went downhill from there.  Easily the worst year of any president since the Great Depression. Yeah you could say that most of it (COVID, BLM riots) was not his fault,  but his response clearly did not help. I have no doubt in my mind that if he had just SHUT his mouth, listened to the scientists and made a few masked speeches here and there, urging Americans to stay home and fight this virus like the true patriots they were, the nation would have rallied behind him and he would easily still be president today. Because despite ALL of the shitshow that was 2020, he still BARELY lost that election. Vlogging Through History put it best when he said that out of all his enemies, Trump is his own worst one.

Now back to Carter, I really hope that he would at least get to celebrate his 99th birthday.

Yeah he was a regular old conservative who supported the drone war, tax cuts for the rich, police brutality, etc. The only 'good' things he ever did was sign that bipartisan criminal justice reform and lose.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

Yeah he was a regular old conservative who supported the drone war, tax cuts for the rich, police brutality, etc. The only 'good' things he ever did was sign that bipartisan criminal justice reform and lose.

I still cannot believe I am defending him but pretty sure Operation Warp Speed was an objectively good thing for the whole world (unless you are antivax and in that case no need to reply further). No to mention The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act, which is immensely based.

And hate to tell you this, but supporting the drone war is not strictly a conservative thing. Obama, for instance, ordered 10 times more drone attacks than George W. Bush. Although the latter is more to blame for starting most of the damn wars in the first place.

But still, this thread is about the great man that is Jimmy Carter and I feel that I am polluting it just by mentioning Trump. I also feel that it is too soon to accurately judge the presidencies of all the people I have mentioned in here, especially 45's. Heck he might not be done being president yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

I still cannot believe I am defending him but pretty sure Operation Warp Speed was an objectively good thing for the whole world (unless you are antivax and in that case no need to reply further). No to mention The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act, which is immensely based.

And hate to tell you this, but supporting the drone war is not strictly a conservative thing. Obama, for instance, ordered 10 times more drone attacks than George W. Bush. Although the latter is more to blame for starting most of the damn wars in the first place.

But still, this thread is about Jimmy Carter and I also feel that it is too soon to accurately judge the presidencies of all the people I have mentioned in here, especially Trump's. Heck he might not be done being president yet. 

Operation Warp Speed was good I agree. However trump still expanded the drone wars to even greater heights, did a few massacres in Somalia, and one of those massacres led to a bombing of the capital which lead to over a thousand dead iirc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango854 said:

Operation Warp Speed was good I agree. However trump still expanded the drone wars to even greater heights, did a few massacres in Somalia, and one of those massacres led to a bombing of the capital which lead to over a thousand dead iirc.

I also agree with everything you have mentioned in here.

• Like 1

It is impossible to evaluate a President so close to when he was in office. His legacy hasn't been set yet. "Good" or "Bad" decisions haven't been determined yet as their effects are ongoing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

It is impossible to evaluate a President so close to when he was in office. His legacy hasn't been set yet. "Good" or "Bad" decisions haven't been determined yet as their effects are ongoing...

Well it's only the 42 years since he left office..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

Thank you. That was my point all along. You need a certain period of time because nobody can forecast the full effects of the presidency. Just look at how many presidents were rehabilitated recently: Truman and LBJ were despised by almost the whole country (and other parts of the world) when they left office and now they are in the top 10 of almost all historians, with Johnson ranked even higher than the once more popular and adored JFK. Heck look at Ulysses S. Grant, for 150 years he was seen as a bumbling drunk who lucked his way through the Civil War and later filled his cabinets with corrupt politicians so that he can go play with his horses, but is now being celebrated as a champion of civil rights and an advocate of Reconstruction. 

On the other hand look at how history treated the likes of Woodrow Wilson, Andrew Jackson or even the more recent Ronald Reagan. From beloved presidents who were highly regarded by historians and the general public to controversial or downright vilified figures. I remember that, as recently as 2006, Woodrow Wilson was still like number 6 on C-SPAN's list, and now it seems that every other Youtube history video is about how he was the worst person to ever live.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

So Jimmy sees off another one on the list. Does he make to 2024 is the question 

This really isn't necessary every time someone else dies, nor is it for ppl to post in here daily to ask why he's not dead yet.

There's been no update in this thread since he entered hospice back on page 46. We're now on page 64. Zzzzzzzzz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

No reason not to believe his grandson that Jimmy is going to see the next birthday. No more guarantees after that though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It must be a hell of a hospice. Do they inject them with the blood of young virgins or something..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

It must be a hell of a hospice. Do they inject them with the blood of young virgins or something..

Reading between the lines, it sounds like more of a care facility than a traditional hospice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

« Family and friends who see them say that they enjoy some surprisingly good days and that this summer they even went for a ride with the Secret Service to watch Fourth of July fireworks in their hometown.»

KInd of funny, Its a story about Jimmy and Rosalynn, but 2 pargraphs on Trump?

• Like 1

A spokesperson the for Carters shares with PEOPLE that Rosalynn and Jimmy will enjoy a quiet day at their Plains, Georgia, residence with cupcakes and peanut butter ice cream to sweeten the festivities. Rosalynn will also release a few butterflies into her garden to commemorate the milestone occasion.

cupcakes = ultraprocessed foods = BAD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

But it's without a doubt hard in the hospice.. he's dying to get out -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's reached the 6-month mark... only 15% of hospice patients make it this far.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

He is now  the oldest living ex-governor  and is also older than all living ex-senators.

• Like 2