Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

1 hour ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Also his mouth is gaping open in all the photos. This means he really has to labour his breaths to get oxygen. Not a doctor but it wouldn't surprise me if his doctors advised him not to go and he ignored them. I dunno why there isn't an oxygen tank with him

Also not a doctor, but it looks like his facial muscles have weakened to the point where his mouth's resting position is open. It happens quite often to really old people at the end of their lives. He doesn't seem to be struggling to breathe.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Also not a doctor, but it looks like his facial muscles have weakened to the point where his mouth's resting position is open. It happens quite often to really old people at the end of their lives. He doesn't seem to be struggling to breathe.

From what i remember he's been like that for a couple of years based on photos & videos

• Like 1

There's a photo on this thread from last year I believe with his mouth wide open like that. He was better in that compared to today's photo.

Christ, we've days if not weeks of this speculation. :banghead:

• Like 1

Just now, Life Is Beautiful said:

Will the Wednesday funeral be televised as well?

I think I read it is private so almost certainly not.

• Like 1

He seems to have a blistering wound on his lower right arm, too... He doesn't heal as well anymore

This kinda reminds me of Anne Buydens and Kirk Douglas.

She looked terrible and was in a wheelchair at his funeral, but she outlived Kirk for a year.

So maybe Jimmy will make it to 100 years old.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, InquilineKea said:

He beat Charlie Munger

Well, now we know what caused the wound on his arm.

• Haha 18

2 minutes ago, khscarymovie4 said:

CARTER 2024!

Yeah well, in fairness, he's about the right age to be running for US President.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

26 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

This kinda reminds me of Anne Buydens and Kirk Douglas.

She looked terrible and was in a wheelchair at his funeral, but she outlived Kirk for a year.

So maybe Jimmy will make it to 100 years old.

I don't wish him that, by seeing his condition today ! He looks exactly like my grandpa in his hospital bedroom, in hospice care, back in January 2021. He was on his bed, couldn't breathe without keeping his mouth shut, he was completly frail. It was really the end for him. I saw him on New Year day 2021 and he died 8 days later. That was quick !

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, khscarymovie4 said:

CARTER 2024!

Choose Jimmy Carter as new actor in the Walking Dead serie for the next season !

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yeah well, in fairness, he's about the right age to be running for US President.

He can serve one more term. I say he goes for it!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mymango said:
image.png.7beb14b9ca6003da427edf212ced2e64.pngimage.png.68e32776655a2067a0b4a2e04eb19291.pngimage.png.1027f83312a863ed3251a14fab76f16f.pngimage.png.dbaa446170e069401230bf817232e3bc.pngimage.png.17c1d92680747e799a1fe7e0f2df2e24.png

As much as I hate to say this he has 2 weeks maximum 

• Like 1

Quite sad to see him in this condition, but bravo to him for wanting to actually be there at the service.  He has obviously defied the odds to this point, but I can't imagine that we're looking at more than days here.  Would be shocked if he makes it to 2024.  Compared to a few months ago he has very clearly deteriorated.  The grandson said that the family was expecting him to only last a few days in hospice when he first entered, and perhaps his wife still being alive gave him some sort of purpose to keep on living, some will to live.  I'm expecting this to be very quick now, and judging from how he looks, it's probably for the best so he doesn't have to suffer.  

• Like 13

He is an incredible fighter and every previous time life has knocked him down he has rebounded quick and with a new spring in his step but looking at these pictures is really sad. I've read about broken heart syndrome and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up going that way very soon because that's the love of his life who he has known pretty much all his life now gone. 

It's particularly sad because even up to the beginning of Covid he was still active and involved in teaching Sunday School classes and being out in public, doing interviews. He didn't really age at all as he went from being in his 70s to 80s and the first half of his 90s even after the cancer diagnosis. Mentally he was still very sharp, physically he looked pretty great. That was only four years ago. I'm glad that both he and Mrs Carter lived to see a reexamination of that presidency because I know that bugged her that for a long time the image of him was being a great former president which was kind of like a backhanded compliment. He was ahead of the curve on many issues at that time when he was president. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, anonymous said:

He is an incredible fighter and every previous time life has knocked him down he has rebounded quick and with a new spring in his step but looking at these pictures is really sad. I've read about broken heart syndrome and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up going that way very soon because that's the love of his life who he has known pretty much all his life now gone. 

It's particularly sad because even up to the beginning of Covid he was still active and involved in teaching Sunday School classes and being out in public, doing interviews. He didn't really age at all as he went from being in his 70s to 80s and the first half of his 90s even after the cancer diagnosis. Mentally he was still very sharp, physically he looked pretty great. That was only four years ago. I'm glad that both he and Mrs Carter lived to see a reexamination of that presidency because I know that bugged her that for a long time the image of him was being a great former president which was kind of like a backhanded compliment. He was ahead of the curve on many issues at that time when he was president. 

Couldn't agree more. I hear he is still quite mentally sharp which probably has helped him to keep going through physical deterioration.

• Like 1

This might sound like a bit of a stupid question. But do we think Jimmy would be in a better or worse state if he didn't enter hospice care, or entered it later?

7 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Will the Wednesday funeral be televised as well?

I think it's going to be private, just the family.

6 hours ago, Insane said:

As much as I hate to say this he has 2 weeks maximum 

I would call that a stretch as well. The mouth gaping open, pale mottled skin with patches of discoloration, being in hospice care for long plus possibility of broken heart syndrome are clear indicators he is at the end of his life. My mother in law is a nurse, when she sees patients showing these signs it usually means it's a matter of days at most.

• Like 1

TIl there's an AOE2 game mode called "exploding kings"

When Carter dies, WE ALL DIE

8 hours ago, Craigerz said:

This might sound like a bit of a stupid question. But do we think Jimmy would be in a better or worse state if he didn't enter hospice care, or entered it later?

In some ways it may have prolonged his life as there was not going to be medical interventions which may have been too stressful for his body. This was probably part of the decision making process

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In some ways it may have prolonged his life as there was not going to be medical interventions which may have been too stressful for his body. This was probably part of the decision making process

Whatever they did, I'd say it was a smashing success.  The grandson said they were only expecting him to survive for a few days when he first entered into hospice care early in the year.  He ended up making it past Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1