Mr Stats

World's Oldest

WhY aRe ThEy AlL dYiNg??

Edit: As a top post on a new page this looks even more demented.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Tbf the 110 Club confuses me because from what I can see, this Charlotte lady lived in good health and active until her 104th year when she took ill, only to make a recovery and remain active and lucid until she died in her sleep aged 114. Seems to me like a long healthy happy life where you can enjoy it right up to the moment you pop off peacefully is basically the jackpot.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Tbf the 110 Club confuses me because from what I can see, this Charlotte lady lived in good health and active until her 104th year when she took ill, only to make a recovery and remain active and lucid until she died in her sleep aged 114. Seems to me like a long healthy happy life where you can enjoy it right up to the moment you pop off peacefully is basically the jackpot.

It's like a lot of niche communities with lauded figures I think - some tend to form parasocial relationships and project things onto them a little. The death of a close family member or friend will always be a sad occasion - even if they are 114 - for those that knew them, but these people have lived much longer lives than any of us could imagine: if people on forums from halfway across the globe only took a moment to step back and gain perspective they'd know that the death of a supercentenarian is not the reason for frantic "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?" posts. It's unfortunate, but it's something to be expected with an interest in longevity. 

Then there's the people who get upset simply because they weren't able to pass some arbitrary milestone. I don't really know what to say to that... 

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah, but it's still sad that we now live in a world where the witnesses of World War I are slowly fading away.

Also, a lot of people look down on Deathlisting in the same way that many here look down on these 110 Clubers. If getting a short dopamine rush (and let's be honest, that's what it is) because a random 40-year-old cancer mom passes away and you gain points on your virtual list is considered okay, then why should it be so strange when 110 Club members feel sad that an old person who died peacefully did not reach one of those "arbitrary milestones"?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drol said:

The best bits of the 110club about Charlotte's untimely death:

I can’t believe, we lost Maria branyas and charlotte kretschmann

I can’t believe she died in her sleep and same Maria branyas, they died in her sleep 

THIS CAN'T HAPPEN, SHE WAS A GRANDMA TO ME, I FOLLOWED HER ON INSTAGRAM FOR A LONG TIME, CHARLOTTE CAN'T DIE

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL, I AM REALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, CHARLOTTE WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE SUPERCENTENARIAN EVER, THOSE WHO FOLLOWED KANE TANAKA WHO WAS MY SECOND FAVORITE SUPERCENTENARIAN EVER CAN UNDERSTAND ME.
I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED
CHARLOTTE YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPACE IN MY HEART REST IN PEACE, I FEEL LIKE MY LIFE HAS NO MEANING NOW...

i have never seen a group of people so distraught over the most obvious of circumstances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drol said:

I can’t believe she died in her sleep and same Maria branyas, they died in her sleep 

THIS CAN'T HAPPEN, SHE WAS A GRANDMA TO ME, I FOLLOWED HER ON INSTAGRAM FOR A LONG TIME, CHARLOTTE CAN'T DIE

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL, I AM REALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, CHARLOTTE WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE SUPERCENTENARIAN EVER, THOSE WHO FOLLOWED KANE TANAKA WHO WAS MY SECOND FAVORITE SUPERCENTENARIAN EVER CAN UNDERSTAND ME.
CHARLOTTE YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPACE IN MY HEART REST IN PEACE, I FEEL LIKE MY LIFE HAS NO MEANING NOW...

Why are they all dying before I can shag them!!!!!!!!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, drol said:

These 110club stans remind me exactly of these anime and TV show stans who go completely unhinged because their favorite character died in their show. Actually it feels like SC's as a whole are treated like movie characters there and It's so fucking weird honestly. I've observed certain fan favorites (Charlotte as you saw here but Tekla Juniewicz, Bob Weighton come to mind and of course Kane Tanaka) that usually get more mourners while others (usually Japanese or Latin American SCs) they don't really bother about much.

It's also such a shame because there are genuinely some good people on there who put in hard work and research or are genuinely interested, but the stans and their obsession with longevity and milestones just ruin it for all.

22 hours ago, Prophet said:

Yeah, but it's still sad that we now live in a world where the witnesses of World War I are slowly fading away.

Also, a lot of people look down on Deathlisting in the same way that many here look down on these 110 Clubers. If getting a short dopamine rush (and let's be honest, that's what it is) because a random 40-year-old cancer mom passes away and you gain points on your virtual list is considered okay, then why should it be so strange when 110 Club members feel sad that an old person who died peacefully did not reach one of those "arbitrary milestones"?

Quite agree with you on this one. The only thing that ''bothers'' me about the 110 club is the immaturity of certain members who look far too dramatic. It feels like the average age of users of this site is quite low and this undermines the more scientific work of longevity researchers. 

I also feel like there a small part of chauvinism in all of that : I remember being quite disappointed when Lucille Randon died because I would have loved to see her reach Kane Tanaka's age for example. That's all natural I think to expect someone to reach a certain milestone but the reactions of the fans on this site is sometimes over the top

1 hour ago, The Immortal said:

These 110club stans remind me exactly of these anime and TV show stans who go completely unhinged because their favorite character died in their show. Actually it feels like SC's as a whole are treated like movie characters there and It's so fucking weird honestly. I've observed certain fan favorites (Charlotte as you saw here but Tekla Juniewicz, Bob Weighton come to mind and of course Kane Tanaka) that usually get more mourners while others (usually Japanese or Latin American SCs) they don't really bother about much.

It's also such a shame because there are genuinely some good people on there who put in hard work and research or are genuinely interested, but the stans and their obsession with longevity and milestones just ruin it for all.

I have noticed that they almost always behave like this and send those exaggerated reactions when some notable supercentenarian or someone from the Top 10 or Top 20 dies, I saw those exaggerated reactions in the death threads of Kane Tanaka, Tatsumi, Maria Branyas, Don Vicente, Lucile, Ceccarelli, Kretschmann, etc.

But when a supercentenarian of 110 or 111 years old dies, the majority does not pay attention or they don't bother about much.

I banned Centarians from my work game unless they were on the list before they reached 100 (e.g. June Spencer) and I can comfortably ignore this thread now

Current TOP 10

1)Tomiko Itooka                 116:099

2) Inah Canabarro Lucas   116:082

3) Elizabeth Francis           115:035

4) Ethel Caterham               115:008

5) Okagi Hayashi                 114:363

6) Marie-Rose Tessier        114:101

7) Silveria Martín Díaz        114:071

8) Mine Kondō                      113:364

9) Naomi Whitehead            113:338

10) Claudia Baccarini          113:322

RIP Charlotte Kretschmann. Claudia Baccarini enters the Top 10. She is the oldest person living in Italy and the 8th-oldest person from Italy ever. Oldest person to live in Italy since 2019 (Maria Giuseppa Robucci). Interestingly, the 11th-oldest person living is also from Italy

(Laurina Sangenito).

• Like 4

On 25/07/2024 at 16:45, Lafaucheuse said:

don't know if this has been posted yet but I can't find it, so here is a picture of Marita Camacho Quiros back in march of this year. Looks pretty good I'd say ! She does remind me of a younger Maria Branyas Morera

IMG_3097.jpg

After Charlotte Kretschmann's death, Marita Camacho Quiros enters the Top 20 of oldest living people. At the age of 113:172 she is the 3rd-oldest ever person notable for reasons other than longevity, behind only paediatrician and co-developer of the pertussis vaccine Leila Denmark (114:060) and oil painter Hatsuno Goto (113:256). Goto's notability for reasons other than longevity is questionable as her notability is partly connected to age and not so important (becoming an oil painter as an elderly woman).

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Turning 115:009, Ethel Caterham has surpassed Annie Jennings' age and becomes 2nd-oldest British person ever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hanzem said:

Turning 115:009, Ethel Caterham has surpassed Annie Jennings' age and becomes 2nd-oldest British person ever.

She actually tied her age in days three days ago (Annie Jennings lived through fewer leap years).

• Like 2

Germany lost many of its oldest people in a short time, although some do not have the date of death known yet, but many deaths have recently been discovered in its top 13 oldest living people (The numbers on the side are the positions these people were on the list of oldest living people until Charlotte's death)
1st Charlotte Kretchsmann, 3rd Gertrud Pawlik, 6th Elenor Sprecher, 9th Anonymous (b.11 Feb 1914), 13th Elfriede Oelmann

Centenários austríacos, alemães e suíços - Página 130 - O Clube 110 (the110club.com)