Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Olive Riley, the word's oldest blogger, has died aged 108.

Serious point here, mind. The level of news interest in this case suggests that a few inspired picks - like Ivy Bean - will easily be DDP points scoring fodder when they go. Pensioners + pluck = points.

• Like 1

CNN is reporting that a woman named Kookoo Molookoo is claiming to be 134 years old. Kookoo, who claims to be born in South Africa in 1874, attributes her longevity to her diet which consists of spinach and meats along with marshmellows and cocacola. She has few surviving teeth. The birth certificate isn't authentic but I would say it's possible she is a super centurion.

She seems so down to earth and she appears so old that it's as if she was "a child born from a mysterious plant."

Ann Nixon Cooper.

The 106 year old who featured in Obama's victory speech last night.

Edna Parker, the world's oldest validated person, has died.

Sh*t, I might as well end it all now then, have never been validated.

Anyway she can't claim to be the world's oldest anymore as she's dead. So I suppose that invalidates her from now on. Serves her right.

On reflection the idea that my credibility in terms of age or anything else should rely on some jobsworth with a rubber stamp making my every living breath "official" is so appalling it really does make me want to burn down, bomb and machine gun every record taking office in the world. Live and let live, that's what I say.

Edna Parker, the world's oldest validated person, has died.

Sh*t, I might as well end it all now then, have never been validated.

Anyway she can't claim to be the world's oldest anymore as she's dead. So I suppose that invalidates her from now on. Serves her right.

On reflection the idea that my credibility in terms of age or anything else should rely on some jobsworth with a rubber stamp making my every living breath "official" is so appalling it really does make me want to burn down, bomb and machine gun every record taking office in the world. Live and let live, that's what I say.

Belated minimal points for a couple of my deadpool teams, but I guess I'll be dropping her from 5th place in my 2009 HPDP line up.

Incidentally, the poisoned chalice now moves to Maria de Jesus, who lives in Portugal and currently plays in the Benfica ladies reserves. Or maybe I made the last bit up.

Guest Guest
UK obituary for Edna Parker. Well done to the teams who picked her on the DDP. :banghead:

Yes, well done for correctly selecting a 115-yr-old human.

UK obituary for Edna Parker. Well done to the teams who picked her on the DDP. :crossbone:

Yes, well done for correctly selecting a 115-yr-old human.

There are plenty of cases of people - including myself - incorrectly selecting super-centenarians. Edna Parker blew me big time last year. Oh, sorry that should be 'blew me out.'

Cathrine Hagel, the world's third oldest person, has died at the age of 114. Strangely, her sister in law, Delvina Dalheimer, also lived to the age of 114.

George Rene Francis, America's oldest man, has died at the age of 112. He was born on the very same day as Henry Allingham.

A unique pick on the DDP for All Nails In The Coffin, if he gets an obit...

George Rene Francis, America's oldest man, has died at the age of 112. He was born on the very same day as Henry Allingham.

Allingham must be getting close to being the oldest man in the World. Go Henry!

Guest Guest

Allingham must be getting close to being the oldest man in the World. Go Henry!

2nd oldest alive. 16th oldest ever.

Tomoje Tanabe is all that is standing, or sitting, between Henry and international recognition for his age!

Go Henry!

Tomoje Tanabe is all that is standing, or sitting, between Henry and international recognition for his age!

Go Henry!

All rather exciting . Makes a change to have someone to cheer on in this way . I shall refrain from picking Henry in any future Pools ...we should all do the same :rolleyes:

Shouldn't our Henry have his own thread ?

Someone will no doubt point out that he has....and I just simply cant work the "search" facility properly.... :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
Shouldn't our Henry have his own thread ?

Someone will no doubt point out that he has....and I just simply cant work the "search" facility properly.... :rolleyes:

He shares this one with a diminishing group of people.

Incidentally, the poisoned chalice now moves to Maria de Jesus, who lives in Portugal and currently plays in the Benfica ladies reserves. Or maybe I made the last bit up.

Ay carumba! Ela está morta?!¿¡

(Edit: Inglês Link)

Hooray para Henry, ele é o número 18 mais antigo no mundo!¡!

Ay carumba! Ela está morta?!¿¡

(Edit: Inglês Link)

Hooray para Henry, ele é o número 18 mais antigo no mundo!¡!

Sorry...but I dont speak French...does that mean Henry is now Number 1 ???

Henry isn't even number one man.

The true poisoned chalice now passes to Gertrude Bains. So far as the Wikipedia's tenure as main authority is concerned, no living incumbent has lost the title to another living person. In theory it could happen, a living person proving him/herself older than the oldest known, but it's unlikely.