Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

What kind of weirdo doesn't like broccoli anyway, cauliflower is the satan-child of the vegetable aisle..

I maintain that lima beans are worse.

What kind of weirdo doesn't like broccoli anyway, cauliflower is the satan-child of the vegetable aisle..

I reckon Z hated Broccoli ( as well as Phantom, Muzzies, Gays, his parents and Werthers originals ) but he was a mega weirdo.

• Like 1

Butter beans, as we call them. Not nice on their own, but they absorb flavours very well so they are great in soups, casseroles and I also use them in a salad with a hot garlicky dressing poured over them.

• Like 2

Who the fuck doesn't like butter beans?

People whose mothers were crap at cooking.

• Like 6

Butter beans, as we call them. Not nice on their own, but they absorb flavours very well so they are great in soups, casseroles and I also use them in a salad with a hot garlicky dressing poured over them.

And they are great for making chocolate bisciuts.

• Like 1

GWB is attending the inauguration.

That's Trump in now and Bush senior not dead yet. Is that a record number of living Presidents?

It's tied for 6.

1993-1994: Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Senior, Clinton

2001-2004: Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Senior, Clinton, Bush Junior

2017-Present: Carter, Bush Senior, Clinton, Bush Junior, Obama, Trump

• Like 1

Can't see us making 7 in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Highly doubt it will happen in the upcoming decades because:

- Carter and Bush Senior are on the way out, Clinton probably doesn't have many years left either.

- Presidents being reelected has become very common, all the past 3 were, and Trump will be too it the Democrats nominate another establishment candidate.

• Like 2

That's Trump in now and Bush senior not dead yet. Is that a record number of living Presidents?

Nope. Trump needs to leave for it be a record.

George H.W Bush might struggle to make it four years, but so might Donald Trump.

• Like 1

- Carter and Bush Senior are on the way out, Clinton probably doesn't have many years left either.

- Presidents being reelected has become very common, all the past 3 were, and Trump will be too it the Democrats nominate another establishment candidate.

- Carter and Bush Sr are definitely on their way out, but Clinton/Bush Jr/Trump were all born in the very same year, so despite Clinton's quadruple bypass surgery (and worse state of health), he could still hold on for another 10-odd years with a bit of luck, and the other two might be good for another 15-20.

- Trump's reelection chances and even the appeal of anti-establishment candidates might be dwarfed if he fucks up really badly during the next four years. Of course, he might also get lucky like Bush Jr with another 9/11 that makes the people rally behind him...

• Like 1

It was never likely he was going to die.He was only in ICU as a precaution really. I fully expect him to recover and be out of ICU in a couple of days.

• Like 1

It was never likely he was going to die. He was only in ICU as a precaution really. I fully expect him to recover and be out of ICU in a couple of days.

Well, everyone has to die one day, and 92-y.o. frail men might sometimes succumb to a seemingly boring and banal illness (like the flu).

This week's events reminded me of a very similar episode with the elderly French ex-presidential couple, Jacques and Bernadette Chirac, briefly hospitalized together last year.

They too were discharged after a few days, but with old people you can rarely predict which health scare is gonna be the last.

• Like 1

- Carter and Bush Sr are definitely on their way out, but Clinton/Bush Jr/Trump were all born in the very same year, so despite Clinton's quadruple bypass surgery (and worse state of health), he could still hold on for another 10-odd years with a bit of luck, and the other two might be good for another 15-20.

- Trump's reelection chances and even the appeal of anti-establishment candidates might be dwarfed if he fucks up really badly during the next four years. Of course, he might also get lucky like Bush Jr with another 9/11 that makes the people rally behind him...

Similar sort of situation with UK PMs. John Major is the oldest at 73 and David Cameron is the youngest at 50. Can't see the Queen outlasting any of Theresa May, David Cameron, Gordon Brown, Tony Blair or John Major (all of whom have been PM during my life time incidentally and I'm hardly a doddery old cunt). Can't see any of them being outlasted by the Queen barring health deterioration. Can quite easily see the previous record of 5 former living Prime Ministers/6 living prime ministers which has happened on numerous occasions being broken in the next 10-15 years (especially if May gets beat in 2020 as I'm hoping will happen). It'd certainly clean the record books up a bit...

January and November 1770 - Lord North (incumbent), Lord Bute, George Grenville, Lord Rockingham, Pitt the Elder, Duke of Grafton.

October 1964 to January 1965 - Harold Wilson (incumbent), Clement Attlee, Winston Churchill, Anthony Eden, Harold MacMillan & Alec Douglas Home

April 1976 to January 1977 - James Callaghan (incumbent), Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan, Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson and Edward Heath

May 1979 to December 1986 - Margaret Thatcher (incumbent), Harold Macmillan, Alec Douglas Home, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, James Callaghan

November 1990 to May 1995 - John Major (incumbent), Alec Douglas Home, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher

• Like 2

So has he done a Jimmy Carter and tricked the world into thinking he's a goner when he's in good health, looks like were all fools for putting him on our lists.

• Like 1

So has he done a Jimmy Carter and tricked the world into thinking he's a goner when he's in good health, looks like were all fools for putting him on our lists.

Not exactly. Bush is known to be frail. I mean, even if he wasn't hospitalized, he still wouldn't have made it to the inauguration.

• Like 1

It was never likely he was going to die. He was only in ICU as a precaution really. I fully expect him to recover and be out of ICU in a couple of days.

Well, everyone has to die one day, and 92-y.o. frail men might sometimes succumb to a seemingly boring and banal illness (like the flu).

This week's events reminded me of a very similar episode with the elderly French ex-presidential couple, Jacques and Bernadette Chirac, briefly hospitalized together last year.

They too were discharged after a few days, but with old people you can rarely predict which health scare is gonna be the last.

I think the likelihood is he will die in 2 or 3 years time as his lung condition deteriorates with age.Of course we can't rule out a health emergency at any time that could finish him off.

Good. I'm glad they survived. Sadly, given their ages, they might go soon. I really do hope we get to see seven living presidents, and I don't mean by trump being impeached. When I was a kid, I was upset that Nixon was the ONLY living president, until Ford in 1974. I was sad when we lost Truman, Eisenhower and Johnson. I hope I'm super lucky and no president dies for the next eight years. By the way, I would love to see another World War II Veteran in congress, senate or president. When I was a kid, in the early 1970's, almost all politicians were World War II (or even World War I) Veterans.

Good. I'm glad they survived. Sadly, given their ages, they might go soon. I really do hope we get to see seven living presidents, and I don't mean by trump being impeached. When I was a kid, I was upset that Nixon was the ONLY living president, until Ford in 1974. I was sad when we lost Truman, Eisenhower and Johnson. I hope I'm super lucky and no president dies for the next eight years. By the way, I would love to see another World War II Veteran in congress, senate or president. When I was a kid, in the early 1970's, almost all politicians were World War II (or even World War I) Veterans.
I hate to break it to you, but your the only one who wants any of that to happen.

I wonder what Yossarian is up to these days...?

Here's hoping Trump is not in for the next 8 years, 4 will be more than enough. Though it's very unlikely that Bush will still be here in 4 years anyway so no we won't be seeing 7 living presidents any time soon.

joey, can you please add some spoiler tags to that fucking sig. Oh and you too Lozzie.

Here's hoping Trump doesn't last the 4 years as president, he's a clueless wombat who should never have been near power.