widnes14

Royal Family

27 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Well it’s part of the service. The king of Spain is the late King of Greece’s nephew. 

Indeed, but surely rank and status would required a King to be greeted by a King. 

25 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Indeed, but surely rank and status would required a King to be greeted by a King. 

Indeed and I'm almost certain when they said he'd be stepping back from some duties he'd still be doing stuff like this

The King is being treated for cancer so he may not be feeling up to a public engagement, or is at least keeping them to a minimum because he's immuno-compromised

Alternatively he and Wills are meeting privately to discuss putting out a contract on the Sussexes.  :D

• Haha 5

BBC article

I only link to this because towards the end of the article it says this

’Princess Anne and Princess Andrew were mong…’

i think a proof reader is required.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

The King is being treated for cancer so he may not be feeling up to a public engagement, or is at least keeping them to a minimum because he's immuno-compromised

Alternatively he and Wills are meeting privately to discuss putting out a contract on the Sussexes.  :D

I know the last bit is a joke but could it be something to do with the  Sussexes

42 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Maybe it's a pegging injury. 

Aha, we have a sugar among us.

45 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Maybe it's a pegging injury. 

You’re a cunt. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Windsor said:

You’re a cunt. 

That's the second time you've gotten sensitive over users making pegging jokes.

Look Windsor, there's no shame in you enjoying pegging in your own private life. The rest of us are allowed to make jokes about it however.

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The rest of us are allowed to make jokes about it however

I had to facking look it up.

Normally never consider I've led a sheltered life - but sometimes....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reminds me of this tweet from the UK’s wittiest budget airline:

IMG_9354.thumb.jpeg.bfdc308bbc8a7c13469e3105ad95fb89.jpeg

I'd bet it's not kingly related, as to why Will pulled out of attending. If the King was seriously ill, surely Camilla wouldn't be going ahead? Could be easily be related to Kate and the palace is lying.

Would imagine its a lot of fuss about nothing, he likely didn’t want to be at the same event as Andrew knowing all the media attention would be on Andrew so made his excuses not to be there

14 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Thomas Kingston, the husband of Lady Gabriella Kingston, has died.

Fucking hell.  Meghan Markle must have more voodoo dolls than I thought.

This is sad - he can't be very old.

Guessing this might have something to do with William's absence, I think the Waleses are quite close to them. Think their children all go to the same school.

No, I'm wrong, it must be her brother's children.

Some pics of their wedding here. Ella is the spitting image of her aunt, Princess Alexandra.

So many people dying young these days well before their life expectancy

• Facepalm 5

52 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Tom Kingston, the husband of Lady Gabriella Kingstonhas died aged 45.

I suspect this is the reason for the Prince of Wales’ previous withdrawal - they were close and she represented him at King Constantine’s funeral.

Obituaries: The SunThe TimesDaily Mail

Maybe but her parents were at the service today.

@arghton I was not implying it was vaccine related, just a general observation that so many people are dying in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s etc in recent years with no public knowledge of ill health, very sad stuff whatever the reason, when you are born you should expect 70, 80 years of life unless cancer, road accident etc

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Tom Kingston, the husband of Lady Gabriella Kingstonhas died aged 45.

I suspect this is the reason for the Prince of Wales’ previous withdrawal - they were close and she represented him at King Constantine’s funeral.

Obituaries: The SunThe TimesDaily Mail

Also there was Princess Alexandra (but in a wheelchair) and the Duke of Kent. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13131079/royal-guests-pews-st-george-chapel-king-constantine-greece-memorial-service.html

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Also there was Princess Alexandra (but in a wheelchair) and the Duke of Kent. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13131079/royal-guests-pews-st-george-chapel-king-constantine-greece-memorial-service.html

They are all of Constantine's generation though, so it makes sense that they would have been closer to him.

27 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Have you got statistical proof of that?

There have always been cases of sudden death in the young though.  I knew someone who died in their sleep at 31 from an unsuspected heart defect, and have been surprised how many people have had friends die in a similar way, and I'm talking over 20 years ago not recently.. 

Because of social media we just tend to hear about more of them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, BonScott said:

He had cancer for a long time. Doing a little bit of Googling before opening your Von Trapp would've told you that.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BonScott said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that the world population has quadrupled since 1900. This increase coupled with the major expansion in types of fame in the last 100 years (television, social media, etc.) means there are a larger number of well-known individuals each generation. Some portion of these are going to die young and some portion of those are going to be well known. Also, as @Toast pointed out social media and the 24 hour news cycle means more attention is paid to these deaths than in years past. Get over your conspiracy theory that more young people are dying which we all know is shield for peddling your ridiculous anti-vax views. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that the world population has quadrupled since 1900. This increase coupled with the major expansion in types of fame in the last 100 years (television, social media, etc.) means there are a larger number of well-known individuals each generation. Some portion of these are going to die young and some portion of those are going to be well known. Also, as @Toast pointed out social media and the 24 hour news cycle means more attention is paid to these deaths than in years past. Get over your conspiracy theory that more young people are dying which we all know is shield for peddling your ridiculous anti-vax views. 

Not just famous people though, 3 facebook acquaintances have died suddenly this year aged 35, 46, 56, all collapsed and died, I don’t know if they were vaccinated, in our convos I never asked, nor is it my business, but just a few years ago I remember being shocked at Alan Rickman, David Bowie etc dying in their 70’s (shocked at dying so young) now dying in 40’s, 50’s, 60’s etc seems to be almost the norm, something is going on defo

Letting an experimental drug loose on society with barely any safety checks/no trials was russian roulette, undoubtedly the vaccine will take more lives across the globe in the coming years than ever died from covid, but that does not mean every early death is vaccine related no, equally there has been some suggestions that covid can damage the heart

It typically takes 10+ years and multiple trials for a drug to get FDA approval but for the vaccine that was shelved, a fox was let loose in the chicken coop of life

• Facepalm 12