widnes14

Royal Family

43 minutes ago, Toast said:

They are all of Constantine's generation though, so it makes sense that they would have been closer to him.

True but it be a bit odd if William spent today consoling his grieving cousin while her parents went to the service. 

37 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He had cancer for a long time. Doing a little bit of Googling before opening your Von Trapp would've told you that.

Do you have a link to this? I googled “Thomas Kingston cancer” and could not find a single article to find he had/died from cancer, everything been “died suddenly’’ “family in shock” etc, if he had cancer and died from it it would be a tragedy for his family/friends but not a shock

Cool. I'll just carry on as I was then.

1010549826_Image27-02-2024at20_17.thumb.jpeg.4bef65c5c33e7ed759948f849c4d8db2.jpeg

• Haha 10

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

1010549826_Image27-02-2024at20_17.thumb.jpeg.4bef65c5c33e7ed759948f849c4d8db2.jpeg

You didn’t miss anything. 

19 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

True but it be a bit odd if William spent today consoling his grieving cousin while her parents went to the service. 

I don't think so. If he'd died today, perhaps, but he didn't.

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Sorry to hear that, but not sure it is something to boast about. It reeks of you wanting to surround yourself with nodding dogs and blot out all diverse opinions, whatever floats your boat I guess

Can only speak for myself but many of my very best friends online/offline are gooners, Lewis Hamilton fans, lefties, or a combo of the 3,  if I had them all on ignore because they disagreed with me I would have about 20 less friends and about 100 less good nights out

42 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Not just famous people though, 3 facebook acquaintances have died suddenly this year aged 35, 46, 56,

And there it is.  Facebook.  A few years ago you wouldn't even have known these people existed.

My point perfectly illustrated.

It typically takes 10+ years and multiple trials for a drug to get FDA approval

Yes, and a large part of that is because of delays. Delays in getting funding, delays in getting tests organised, you name it, a lot of these things spend months if not years sitting on desks with nothing happening. The difference with the Covid vaccines is that everything was fast-tracked and money poured into it because of the urgency.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonScott said:

Do you have a link to this? I googled “Thomas Kingston cancer” and could not find a single article to find he had/died from cancer, everything been “died suddenly’’ “family in shock” etc, if he had cancer and died from it it would be a tragedy for his family/friends but not a shock

He's got political (possibly press) connections mate, at least if his posts are accurate. So it may not be quite out there yet...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonScott said:

Not just famous people though, 3 facebook acquaintances have died suddenly this year aged 35, 46, 56, all collapsed and died, I don’t know if they were vaccinated, in our convos I never asked, nor is it my business, but just a few years ago I remember being shocked at Alan Rickman, David Bowie etc dying in their 70’s (shocked at dying so young) now dying in 40’s, 50’s, 60’s etc seems to be almost the norm, something is going on defo

Letting an experimental drug loose on society with barely any safety checks/no trials was russian roulette, undoubtedly the vaccine will take more lives across the globe in the coming years than ever died from covid, but that does not mean every early death is vaccine related no, equally there has been some suggestions that covid can damage the heart

It typically takes 10+ years and multiple trials for a drug to get FDA approval but for the vaccine that was shelved, a fox was let loose in the chicken coop of life

In my personal life between 1989-1993 I lost both parents ages 52, 57, an uncle 54, and had 3 friends lose at least 1parent all in their 50;s all due to heart attacks, and strokes. 3 of my 4 grandparents died in the 1960's all in their 50's as well due to cancer, heart attack and aneurism. A certain percentage of people have always died younger than the expected life expectancy and in both of those eras it certainly was not due to new untested vaccines or covid. I am putting a link to an article about how life expectancy is determined because it is apparent that you don't understand how it works.

Life expectancy - Wikipedia  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My brother died suddenly at age 44 from a pulmonary embolism.  Maybe Thomas Kingston died from a pulmonary embolism or another undisclosed or undiagnosed ailment.

It does seem to me that people nowadays are dying younger: my husband died at age 52 from cancer complications, my mother at age 58 from cancer, I lost two friends within the last two years to kidney failure, both in their fifties, at least one of them died suddenly. I suppose the closer and more numerous the losses are, the stronger the cognitive bias.  Everyone who is active and over the age of 65 seems to me to have intrinsic longevity factors my friends and family did not.

5 hours ago, BonScott said:

I think that wording is more often used for suicide.

11 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I think that wording is more often used for suicide.

The way it's being reported does suggest that possibility. There's talk of an inquest which is unlikely if he just keeled over from a heart attack or the like.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Toast said:

The way it's being reported does suggest that possibility. There's talk of an inquest which is unlikely if he just keeled over from a heart attack or the like.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68435623

Inquest opened. Does feel like suicide or accident as never heard of an inquest for a natural death that hasn’t occurred in custody. .

• Like 1

Also the press are really starting to imply something is going on with William and Catherine. It’s odd treatment if she is genuinely recovering from an operation to be suggesting something else is happening. I mean the front page of the Daily Mail today has what is happening to the Royals with a picture of William and Catherine. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Toast said:

Depends on the circumstances surely ? Like if say he was in the house by himself and was found dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Depends on the circumstances surely ? Like if say he was in the house by himself and was found dead.

If  a post-mortem reveals something like a heart attack or embolism, such circumstances wouldn't matter.  I wouldn't expect talk of an inquest before a post-mortem.

If on the other hand someone is found hanging for instance ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Also the press are really starting to imply something is going on with William and Catherine. It’s odd treatment if she is genuinely recovering from an operation to be suggesting something else is happening. I mean the front page of the Daily Mail today has what is happening to the Royals with a picture of William and Catherine. 

A lot of this shit is stirred up just to make a story.  There is an organised band of Sussex supporteers on Twitter who have been spreading ridiculous rumours about Catherine, such as that she is dead, William strangled her and it's being covered up.  The media won't go that far, but it gives them ideas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

A lot of this shit is stirred up just to make a story.  There is an organised band of Sussex supporteers on Twitter who have been spreading ridiculous rumours about Catherine, such as that she is dead, William strangled her and it's being covered up.  The media won't go that far, but it gives them ideas.

Do you check under your bed for Harry and Meghan each night?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Toast said:

rumours about Catherine, such as that she is dead, William strangled her and it's being covered up. 

Interesting. Didn't have him pegged as a killer.

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

Interesting. Didn't have him pegged as a killer.

No more pegging jokes. Poor Windsor can't take it...

... ;) 

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

No more pegging jokes. Poor Windsor can't take it...

... ;) 

Yes, yes, I'm a cunt. (To quote the words tattooed on William's arse cheeks)

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Yes, yes, I'm a cunt. (To quote the words tattooed on William's arse cheeks)

To be fair, I know better than to tell you to leave Willy alone. ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Feels odd that the most anti Meghan and Harry media would do that as well. And in their print editions as well. 

5 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Someone local to me died in their House a few years ago from a heart attack and wasn’t found for a week or so. No inquest once the post mortem confirmed heart attack. An inquest simply wouldn’t be held for a natural death. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39193367#

George Michael’s death for example. No inquest. Same with Sinead O’Connor.

46 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Feels odd that the most anti Meghan and Harry media would do that as well. And in their print editions as well. 

The media are very fickle when it comes to latching on to a storyline.  See also the recent musings on the possibility of Harry being welcomed back as a working Royal of which there is zero chance.

2 hours ago, prussianblue said:

Do you check under your bed for Harry and Meghan each night?

Fuck off.

• Like 1