widnes14

Royal Family

32 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Man with massive house and who owns Cornwall visits homelessness project: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68601344

Probably finds it uplifting, like Mogg and the food banks.

Daily-Star-4.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

Daily-Star-4.png

A sign of how mad the world is that the Daily Star is now more reasonable with its reporting than every other tabloid.

I remember last year the Telegraph did the below front page that even The Daily Star editor could have considered a bit much:

• Like 1

Kensington Palace will release an announcement on Kate's health at 6pm GMT.

• Thanks 1

Kate has cancer. I hope all the freaks who speculated about extramarital affairs and physical altercations between her and Will take a little time to reflect.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 3

She's undergoing chemotherapy. Says she's in the "early stages" of treatment. 

Yeah I think it's time she had her own thread now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Kate has cancer. I hope all the freaks who speculated about extramarital affairs and physical altercations between her and Will take a little time to reflect.

I didn't expect cancer at all to be honest.

Tests found that "cancer had been present...advised a course of preventative chemotherapy".

Taking this statement at face value, it sounds like she'll be fine.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

She's undergoing chemotherapy. Says she's in the "early stages" of treatment. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what led her to speaking out, given it's very difficult for a high profile figure to hide hair loss, should it occur as a consequence.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what led her to speaking out, given it's very difficult for a high profile figure to hide hair loss, should it occur as a consequence.

They also initially said Kate would start to be out and about by Easter anyway, which is next week. Speculation would only get more and more intense if nothing was said or if she wasn't seen (officially) at all.

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

What a year for royal members…

Something I mentioned recently was that I wouldn't be surprised if this year end's up being Charles' annus horriblis (or as a couple of other users suggested, anus horriblis").

2 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

They also initially said Kate would start to be out and about by Easter anyway, which is next week. Speculation would only get more and more intense if nothing was said or if she wasn't seen (officially) at all.

I remember seeing a post somewhere saying that Kate's planned return after Easter is the most anticipated Easter comeback since Jesus Christ.

• Haha 3

Surely there could have been a better way to have dealt with this from the outset taking into account the right to medical privacy etc... so as  to not allow things to spiral out of control given the age we now live in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Surely there could have been a better way to have dealt with this from the outset taking into account the right to medical privacy etc... so as  to not allow things to spiral out of control given the age we now live in.

This is my original thought. Things such as doctored photos are only going to add fuel to a growing fire. Naturally, you'd want privacy if this is what you was going through, but it can't be surprising that speculation is going to exist for such a well-known figure. 

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

A reminder that this ISN'T related to the surgery. It was found during/subsequent to the surgery. Her wish to keep whatever medical procedure she has had done private for now at least is entirely her choice. It's a shame people have nothing better to do than wildly speculate like they have. The cancer diagnosis in some ways distracts from the original surgery (if the hysterectomy theory is correct, then ovarian would be most likely).

So current/former members of Royal Family with cancer/early signs etc:

• King Charles
  • Princess of Wales
  • Sarah Ferguson
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

So current/former members of Royal Family with cancer/early signs etc:

• King Charles
  • Princess of Wales
  • Sarah Ferguson

You proposing a sweepstake?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Verminous cunts are still among us, sadly.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

A reminder that this ISN'T related to the surgery. It was found during/subsequent to the surgery. Her wish to keep whatever medical procedure she has had done private for now at least is entirely her choice. It's a shame people have nothing better to do than wildly speculate like they have. The cancer diagnosis in some ways distracts from the original surgery (if the hysterectomy theory is correct, then ovarian would be most likely).

Or endometriosis which was later found to have cancer present. The exact specifics aren't any of our business though. I've heard more than I needed to hear about the diseased genitals of members of the Royal Family at least until there's any huge developments (if there ever is).   

• Like 2