Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

Yes, Bridgwater is pretty rancid.

I have relatives who are Seventh Day Adventists who live in Bridgewater & they love it. Mind you they don't drink alcohol (or even tea & coffee) or smoke or eat meat or fornicate etc etc

• Like 1

Between us we're not exactly doing much for Bridgewaters' tourism trade, are we? I think it's fairly safe to say that if any DListers were contemplating the place for this summer's holiday they have now reconsidered.

Wise move.

Taunton's not too far away, so you could all go and say hi to Six instead.

Reet, I'm off on some proper hols, not just patching up the timeshare in Beirut.

Lazing in the sun I'll doubtless wonder whether Iain is still posting after Michael Foot's birthday and whether we've collected any more hits.

Be seeing you!

Reet, I'm off on some proper hols, not just patching up the timeshare in Beirut.

Lazing in the sun I'll doubtless wonder whether Iain is still posting after Michael Foot's birthday and whether we've collected any more hits.

Be seeing you!

Come back safe and soon, mate- just don't come back as orange as your avatar, okay?

BHB; if only I'd honoured your wishes, I'm back but not totally safe. Spent some grim hours in a Hungarian hospital after falling from a pushbike that came to grief in the pot holed edge of one of their roads. The ambulance ride to hospital was involved the worst driving I've ever known. Spent most of yesterday in casualty where the good news starts, I'll get away without an operation and the dislocated shoulder and broken arm will improve over the next few weeks.

My posting rate is likely to suffer.

On the other hand Hungary is great, hot, fairly cheap, largely friendly, great capital city and a place I'll visit again. Might give their hospitals a miss next time mind.

BHB; if only I'd honoured your wishes, I'm back but not totally safe. Spent some grim hours in a Hungarian hospital after falling from a pushbike that came to grief in the pot holed edge of one of their roads. The ambulance ride to hospital was involved the worst driving I've ever known. Spent most of yesterday in casualty where the good news starts, I'll get away without an operation and the dislocated shoulder and broken arm will improve over the next few weeks.

On the other hand Hungary is great, hot, fairly cheap, largely friendly, great capital city and a place I'll visit again. Might give their hospitals a miss next time mind.

Good to see you back MPFC, if a little the worse for wear!

Mr Anubis asked you a question in the Maryport thread a day or two back which we'd be sorry not to see an answer to.

Good to see you back MPFC, if a little the worse for wear!

Mr Anubis asked you a question in the Maryport thread a day or two back which we'd be sorry not to see an answer to.

Glad to see you're still functioning MPFC. One thing about the Deathlist is that it's a safe place. I too would like to see the horse question resolved.

Horse question resolved, an isolated incident, but true.

The chippie in question has boasted a painting of the Queen Mary docking in Maryport. Good painting, complete bollocks but tourists fall for it all the time despite the fact they only have to turn round, look and the harbour and realise it's impossible. Lies and eccentricity on a grand scale as a means of testing the credulity of people are a great Cumbrian tradition, we even host a World Liars Championship where most of the contestents are local and some double up as members of history societies etc. I once talked some southerners into visiting the Lakeland Sheep Centre where they stage a live sheep show. It was partly funded with lottery cash. I told them they'd spent a few hundred thousand on dressing up the old farm buildings with lights and the rest before using the remainder of the five million lottery grant trying out sheep from miles around to find one talented enough to ride a bike in the closing act of the show. The Southerners in question included two with post-graduate degrees, they went and when the biking sheep failed to appear they questioned the staff at the close of the show only to be met with incomprehension followed by howls of laughter.

I would suspect that you might have been physically safer in the Hungarian hospital than one of ours, given rates of MRSA, tired nurses tending the sick in between coke-fuelled sex with porters and morphine addicted doctors and surgeons not washing their hands after taking a sh*t.

Glad your injury turned out to have no worse lingering affects than giving all your fellow DListers a F*****g good laugh!

I have this wonderful image of you yelling out a startled, yet comedic, 'ey, oop!' as the front wheel of your bicycle hit the pothole and you realised you were becoming a cropper. Northern slapstick at its best.

<_<

BHB, I came to grief on a road near Debrechen - a poor part of a poor country. The hospital meant well but lacked equipment we'd take for granted over here. The X-ray lassie had to move my broken arm to get all the angles on the picture. When I had some better x-rays done on Sunday back home the machine moved around me. When your packing a fresh fracture, these things matter. Trust me, you'd never swap yer local NHS for that place. Given the poor wages in the health business out there 'tipping' is expected. I got seen first out of the ambulance cos I packed the biggest wad!

They say 'ay oop'' in Yorkshire. I went more for yer universal 'F**k!'

Does Deathlist look like a travel guide? Nobodys cares about your trip to russia. Get lost you schmuck.

Your friendly Admin has just returned safely from a holiday in Scotland. The recent terrorism scare in the UK made the check-in procedure slow and, ehm, interesting. The carry-on luggage restriction isn't so bad for a one hour flight, but security staff made all passengers take off their shoes for X-ray inspection, a rather smelly inconvenience.

The holiday was very entertaining, for many reasons, including the First Unofficial International DeathList Forum Meet. The weather was remarkably un-Scottisch so I actually acquired a tan.

Administration services will return to normal from today. :(

regards,

Hein

The holiday was very entertaining, for many reasons, including the First Unofficial International DeathList Forum Meet. The weather was remarkably un-Scottisch so I actually acquired a tan.

Welcome back MH! I am happy that you had an enjoyable vacation.

Regards,

ff :(

Where abouts in Scotland were you?

We started in Edinburgh and made a trip through the highlands and the west coast, stayed a few days on Arran and finished with a few days in Glasgow. I'm cutting and pasting a few panorama photo's together. I'll see if I can post them here.

regards,

Hein

Where abouts in Scotland were you?

We started in Edinburgh and made a trip through the highlands and the west coast, stayed a few days on Arran and finished with a few days in Glasgow. I'm cutting and pasting a few panorama photo's together. I'll see if I can post them here.

regards,

Hein

What's wrong with the East Coast like?

You could have visited Scotland's first mainland lighthouse/light house museum in Fraserburgh.

Edinburgh is nothing compared to that!

:(

Hein, welcome back, you should have told me you were in Scotland. Not so far from Carlisle, I'd have glady taken you to some decent entertainment this afternoon by way of a Carlisle home game, livlier than some of the attractions on Arran!

Well, it's been 2 weeks and I missed all of you. I see that Windsor and Iain are still going at it and that

Tempus has a lovely new avatar. On August 9th my brilliant career as a sniper was nearly cut short but then I turned out to be just another corpse tease.

The basement in the building where I lived caught fire. I was on the second floor and woke up suddenly to find the room filling with smoke. I grabbed my pocketbook and flew downstairs like a bat out of Hell. My goosedown coat was on the coat rack in the hall and I pulled it on as I went outside.

I went running down the street barefoot. It was only 6:30 in the morning and already about 86 degrees. As I fished around in my purse for the phone a little old man ran up and put down an enormous pair of the fluffiest leopard spotted bedroom slippers I have ever seen. Never been worn! he smiles triumphantly.

I put them on so as not to appear ungrateful but omigod it was hot. Then the firetrucks came and the firemen rushed in and put out the fire. Then the Red Cross came and neighbors came and the fire chief and I went upstairs to see what was left of my former abode. He pushed aside a ton of broken glass and hot wet smoky rubble and pulled my bathing suit, a picture and this computer. There was no one else in the building at the time. Foul play is suspected. I suspect that it was just that the slumlord failed to properly maintain the building. So I'm ok and everything is fine. I see no one's died. Did I miss anything?

Well, it's been 2 weeks and I missed all of you. I see that Windsor and Iain are still going at it and that

Tempus has a lovely new avatar. On August 9th my brilliant career as a sniper was nearly cut short but then I turned out to be just another corpse tease.

The basement in the building where I lived caught fire. I was on the second floor and woke up suddenly to find the room filling with smoke. I grabbed my pocketbook and flew downstairs like a bat out of Hell. My goosedown coat was on the coat rack in the hall and I pulled it on as I went outside.

I went running down the street barefoot. It was only 6:30 in the morning and already about 86 degrees. As I fished around in my purse for the phone a little old man ran up and put down an enormous pair of the fluffiest leopard spotted bedroom slippers I have ever seen. Never been worn! he smiles triumphantly.

I put them on so as not to appear ungrateful but omigod it was hot. Then the firetrucks came and the firemen rushed in and put out the fire. Then the Red Cross came and neighbors came and the fire chief and I went upstairs to see what was left of my former abode. He pushed aside a ton of broken glass and hot wet smoky rubble and pulled my bathing suit, a picture and this computer. There was no one else in the building at the time. Foul play is suspected. I suspect that it was just that the slumlord failed to properly maintain the building. So I'm ok and everything is fine. I see no one's died. Did I miss anything?

I now have this wonderful/disturbing image of you sitting atop a pile of blackened rubble, typing away at your keyboard whilst wearing a bathing suit and being leered at by horny firemen.

It works for me anyway...

I now have this wonderful/disturbing image of you sitting atop a pile of blackened rubble, typing away at your keyboard whilst wearing a bathing suit and being leered at by horny firemen.

It works for me anyway...

:) It works for me too, Brinsy....Wait... Eurgh. No... The picture of the platter-size leopard spotted slippers has now intruded. The slippers need to be immediately removed from the Defarge/firechief image and placed under the Christmas tree at Brinsworth house where they belong.

I'm just gannin' oot, I may be some time.

Not been on much the past week as it's been very busy at work.

Won't be on much next week either as I'm on holiday. Not going anywhere, just driving my parents around Minneapolis as they're here to see their new grand-daughter

You might see me lurking once in a while in the evenings though

Holiday! - I wish! - got a new job away from home, so for the next 3 months, I'll only be in here weekends.

Never mind that - yet another new job since posting this means I'll be in here every day!

Did anyone notice I haven't been in for a couple of days?

Didn't think so.

I was helping the Army with their inquiries. The bastards used their most advanced sleep deprivation techniques on me and not only that, they tried to poison me. Bastards.

I also met a very interesting man named Adolf Shipman.

• Like 1