Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

I'm back!! Tammy Faye died while I was gone.

Guest Synchronicity III

If she hadn't died, would you have stayed away?

Oooh, but I'm that knackered me. Mebbe a wee break is in order.

I'm still on holiday and she died! Think I mentioned early on on this thread that whenever I go away someone dies, (Queen Mother, James Doohan, to name but 2) and no I am not sitting in some internet cafe somewhere, checking in on the DL at night, I am only visiting my parents in the Scottish borders who have recently installed broadband :blink: .

I'm not going away but my mum is coming to IOM for a visit, so probably won't get the chance to log on until Monday now

In the next few weeks/months I might be around even less than recently. We're catching the 4.30am ferry to France and not coming back. I will, naturally, consider making an exception for a DL Convention or if someone offers me a lot of money for not very much work.

I'm going to miss you guys so I'll be sure to drop by whenever I can manage it but the lack of a fixed abode is likely to make reliable internet access uncertain!

Keep posting, folks, ...and keep dropping if you happen to be on The List!

Au revoir! :)

In the next few weeks/months I might be around even less than recently. We're catching the 4.30am ferry to France and not coming back.

:)

Have a safe voyage, Cap'n! I hope all goes well for you and Cap'n's Mate, and that you have more luck with the weather down there than here.

And as the -ttgs prove: the DL is available in France... :)

Take care!

ie+

(PS. Could you possibly keep an eye on news of CLS for me? I do try and check google.fr every now and then to see what's what but, well, I'm not entirely sure how successful my attempts are. Oh okay, let's face it: my attempts are wholly unsuccessful, seeing as how I've yet to turn anything useful up. :) )

In the next few weeks/months I might be around even less than recently. We're catching the 4.30am ferry to France and not coming back. I will, naturally, consider making an exception for a DL Convention or if someone offers me a lot of money for not very much work.

I'm going to miss you guys so I'll be sure to drop by whenever I can manage it but the lack of a fixed abode is likely to make reliable internet access uncertain!

Good luck on your travels, keep safe and well :)

havent checked this thread for a while.. how did the Cornish Holidays go? i like that little cafe Lard.. there was a fit waitress last time i went. St Ives is killing me with the tourists right now. crazy busy. my girlfriend lives there, which pretty much means i live there...

hope you enjoyed your stay anyway.

Captain Oates is just going outside and may be some time.

Have a safe, fun trip.

Good luck to you and the Galley Slave, Captain, what a wonderful move, lucky you :) . I take it Puss is going too? I'm sure you will enjoy the better weather, lovely wine, delicious food and a more relaxing way of life. I'll look forward to your future (if less frequent) posts, you will be very much missed.

Have a safe journey CO.and good luck in the future :)

Hoorah Cap'n. I shall open a bottle of Chablis this evening in celebration. Hope you enjoy living here as much as we do.

Haste ye back Captain and say 'woof' to my fellow country dogs if you meet any :) .

havent checked this thread for a while.. how did the Cornish Holidays go? i like that little cafe Lard.. there was a fit waitress last time i went. St Ives is killing me with the tourists right now. crazy busy. my girlfriend lives there, which pretty much means i live there...

hope you enjoyed your stay anyway.

Sadly (for Mr LB anyway) all the waitresses were well over the age of 60 on the day we went, so probably not the fit one that you saw. Or maybe it was and you like the more mature lady :) We did enjoy our week, thank you.

Well, I'm not on vacation but I just sent my mother, my nephew and my niece off on a cruise to Alaska. Not that my mother took me or any of my siblings on cruises to Alaska for our high school graduations or anything like she takes her grandchildren.

She'll be taking my son and another niece to Greece for their graduation.

I'm not bitter.

Well, I'm not on vacation but I just sent my mother, my nephew and my niece off on a cruise to Alaska. Not that my mother took me or any of my siblings on cruises to Alaska for our high school graduations or anything like she takes her grandchildren.

She'll be taking my son and another niece to Greece for their graduation.

I'm not bitter.

She must really dislike you. Not only did she not take you/your siblings, but she's actively frittering away any inheritance rather than give it to you lot.

You should get the collective grandkids to pitch her over the rails into the briny before the money's all gone. Promise them an XBOX or iPhone something before it's too late.

The I - Phones are way to expensive. They go for like $500 and I know it's the full package but if I'm buying that for anybody the chick better have a few special techniques not to mention going with me to Vegas or something for example.

I'm spending a few days in the Land of My Birth, certain that you'll manage all right for a bit without me.

I'd say "wish you were here" but most of you are.

I'm spending a few days in the Land of My Birth, certain that you'll manage all right for a bit without me.

I'd say "wish you were here" but most of you are.

.....and most of us "wish we wernt". :P

I will be in Sicilly sept 3rd-10th

You in the Mafia then?

I will be in Sicilly sept 3rd-10th

You in the Mafia then?

No. I live with an Italian..