Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

Hi

If we could do that would there be any need to wait for her to die first? :)

Best regards

Syd

• Like 3

Lol wheel her into the middle of Parliament Square, hoist her up a tree like a morbid piniata and let us all have a whack at the corpse with a length of 2x4 :D

Aha, the Mussolini approach.

regards,

Hein

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-19560284

Loving the new T-shirts!!

It is testament to the success of her reforms that the generation of trade unionist referred to will number 4.

If he is forced to stop selling them at the TUC he should post an ad on this site. They will be snapped uo instantly.

I'd buy one of those t-shirts

He added: "In the spirit of Margaret Thatcher, I'm showing some entrepreneurial flair."

He has a point.

the TUC is holding its annual get-together

That's nice!

DeathList has one of those too.

I'm not so sure about the t-shirt, but I do think the already recorded Chumbawamba EP, In Memoriam, Margaret Thatcher, which will be released on the day she dies, has a certain je ne sais quoi... :ph34r:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-19560284

Loving the new T-shirts!!

You think her family will have her cremated ? I think they will .

Still won't stop the parties though , they are hundreds of parties around the UK planned and that is no exaggeration. I'm thinking Scotland , Yorkshire and Liverpool will be the biggest parties.

Where I previously worked one of my colleagues was looking at having some promotional ties made and the saleswoman from the tie company came in and showed us a headscarf she had had made using the images of all the front pages of the newspapers from when Thatcher has resigned. It seemed very fitting some how and as we were working for British Coal nobody was going to say "That is a terrible thing to do"

Why the hell do you guys hate Maggie so much? Put it as plain and simple as you can. Therefore I would like to understand it properly. (I am Estonian. That is my excuse).

Why the hell do you guys hate Maggie so much? Put it as plain and simple as you can. Therefore I would like to understand it properly. (I am Estonian. That is my excuse).

Where do you want me to start?

She was a forceful demagogue who didn't like consensus or listening to people with differing opinions, who saw the world purely in economic wallcharts, with a habit of guinea pigging potentially unpopular policies on areas she felt disposable like Liverpool or Scotland. Her actions made a few thousand odd folk much richer, but destroyed entire towns worth of jobs for working class people, some of those areas have never recovered to this day. Her inability to talk in anything but partisan politics also badly damaged the British political system.

She was a charismatic force of nature with a political philosophy which encourages market forces but leaves vast majorities of working people worse off.

I think that's a start.

• Like 1

She's got shit hair.

Maybe the best way to answer that is to reverse this question somewhat. Which leader of Estonia was a right bastard? In your opinion...

Maybe the best way to answer that is to reverse this question somewhat. Which leader of Estonia was a right bastard? In your opinion...

Knowing Estonians, all of them between 1940 and 1991 when Russia were in charge.

What is your view of her, from an overseas perspective?

Eesti

there are many reasons, for me . . . in 1981 I found myself leaving school with reasonable qualifications, but not brilliant, only 3 A levels (at the time that represented top 5% of the population qualifications wise, I needed a job or a university place, the university budgets had been slashed over the previous 2 years and "youth" underemployment was around 60% couldn't get into uni so I needed a job, eventually I got one after about 4 months and about 150 applications, my Maths, Physics and computer science A levels got me a job on a production line soldering circuit boards together for £3 less a week than I would have got sat at home on social security, after a year I was on £65 a week still on the production line. I got a second job because I now had "experience" a whole £5,500 a year, great until the company went bust back where I started. This was because of thatcher and keith josephs' great experiment in reducing inflation and braking the unions' power. I spent years watching our industrial base destroyed by thatchers policies, massed unemployment and the destruction of countless lives and dreams to satisfy this woman’s ego, a conflict in the south Atlantic to get her re-elected.

Her ego is boundless and she is callous beyond belief. The real human suffering that went into the levels of unemployment needed to brake the unions and fuel the personal vendetta against National union of mineworkers are her fault and to me can never be justified, she is just plain evil.

Best regards

Syd

By the way, OCD spelling and grammar Muppets I will never give either of those two a capital letter to their names. . . it is deliberate.

Eesti

there are many reasons, for me . . . in 1981 I found myself leaving school with reasonable qualifications, but not brilliant, only 3 A levels (at the time that represented top 5% of the population qualifications wise, I needed a job or a university place, the university budgets had been slashed over the previous 2 years and "youth" underemployment was around 60% couldn't get into uni so I needed a job, eventually I got one after about 4 months and about 150 applications, my Maths, Physics and computer science A levels got me a job on a production line soldering circuit boards together for £3 less a week than I would have got sat at home on social security, after a year I was on £65 a week still on the production line. I got a second job because I now had "experience" a whole £5,500 a year, great until the company went bust back where I started. This was because of thatcher and keith josephs' great experiment in reducing inflation and braking the unions' power. I spent years watching our industrial base destroyed by thatchers policies, massed unemployment and the destruction of countless lives and dreams to satisfy this woman’s ego, a conflict in the south Atlantic to get her re-elected.

Her ego is boundless and she is callous beyond belief. The real human suffering that went into the levels of unemployment needed to brake the unions and fuel the personal vendetta against National union of mineworkers are her fault and to me can never be justified, she is just plain evil.

Best regards

Syd

By the way, OCD spelling and grammar Muppets I will never give either of those two a capital letter to their names. . . it is deliberate.

Well put Sydney.

For me, three letters sum up the situation in 1982... Y.O.P. youth opportunity programme. £25 per week for a first foot the door job. Really liked the firm I was told to report to, but it was far from my choice. Still with about 250 kids (minus about 20 or so doing 6th form) leaving from my year in secondary school, I think only about 5 lads got apprentiships and the rest had to go hang. In one lads case he really did just that... Gassed himself in the family car.

No, the real failings of the Tory government were not just at Thacher's door but rooted in the collective belief that the market economy is king. Not just rampant right wing ideals, but more basic ignorance that people matter, and not just those who pay money to the Tory party.

The toffs are still there today... just with different name tags.

• Like 1

She promoted the notion basically that the only thing important about a business was that it turned a profit, never mind whether the product was decent or not

Ah the Y.O.P. I was then and still am convinced it was intended to teach those out of work that it was a pointless and futile exercise seeking work and that they should stay at home and accept a life based on state benefits and day time TV (funny that daytime schedules started in the early '80s). A life devoid of ambition and self betterment. That work and self betterment was only for the wealthy and "better placed" in society. I can't see why else you would set up a system that made it so much more expensive for an employer to take on anyone full time from the programme, rather than get rid of them and hire a new person which was made very cheep. It was designed to penalise both good training on behalf of the employer and ambition and hard work from the employee. I am still convinced it was just intended to put people off looking for work.

Best regards

Syd

There is also a view that she destroyed the Conservative party as well and rendered it unelectable for years because of her obsession with Europe - read Maggie - Her Fatal Legacy by John Sergeant.

So I suppose we do have something to be thankful to her for!