Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

ive just seen tv footage of Lady Thatcher attending a dinner in her honour tonight-I dont want to get any of you over excited but I have to say she was noticeably frail and walking very slowly,looking very old and not too well.Its too early to predict her imminent death of course,but my interes in her 2006 entry on deathlist has been rekindled,lets put it that way...

Well, I was watching that Parliament channel from sky and she was at a debate in the House of Lords.

Admittedly she didn't say much but she can't be that close to death if she's still attending at the House of Lords.

I'm not sure you're right there Windsor. From what I've seen I'd describe it as the second best old folks' home in the country after Buckingham Palace. They sit them all round the woolsack instead of the telly and let them chunter on about the way things were better in their day. Then there's tea and a nice bar with lots of flunkies to help them. OK they don't get visits from the Water Rats as they do in Brinsworth House, but that's another reason it ranks so highly.

Heck, have just seen my post total. If I'm going to escape this place, now's the time to go. Got the glider ready. Bye folks.

Heck, have just seen my post total. If I'm going to escape this place, now's the time to go. Got the glider ready. Bye folks.
As far as I recall the glider never actually got used as an escape method from Colditz, although a few years ago they tested one out based on the original designs and found out that it would have worked mechanically-wise. Although I suspect that the Germans might well have seen it gliding out of the camp mid-attempt.

The theory is a grand one, but I think the reality may be less successful. 999 not out and still on strike, I reckon.

I suggest dressing up as a moderator/admin and strolling casually out of the front gates, if you must try to escape. Just remember not to accidentally exchange pleasantries in English until you cross the border. :angry:

In this picture she looks quite healthy :angry: and it says she's about to jet off to Venice.

Let's hope for a re-run of Death In Venice.

I do wish she'd hurry up. If she gets a state funeral, I think that means we get a Bank Holiday. If that's the case, I'd rather she did it during the Summer.

:D

It'd be a laugh if she died a day before and England game in the knock out stages of the World Cup, might make page 12 if she's lucky.

I was reading today that one of the suggestions when/if they do rename Heathrow Airport is Margaret Thatcher International Airport.

I make no further comments or jokes, I shall leave that for others. :D

Very fitting, especially if it is then - as suggested last week - closed down without sympathy and relocated elsewhere in the heartless name of ecomomic progress.

Personally I'd go for placing a statue of her in Trafalgar Square and letting the pigeons speak for us all!

Or how about the Margaret Thatcher Memorial Toilet so the public could do to her what she did to the public for so many years.........

Just quickly worth mentioning that she was at the service for the Queen's official 80th birthday today. Looked fine - not quite her old sparkling self, but less frail than before.

Having browsed these forums with both interest and amusement for some time, I found that I could be silent no longer. As this is my first post on these forums, hello all.

Back on topic.

I feel an almost personal interest in the inevitable demise of Margaret due to the painful influence that her politics had on my youth. Beginning with the withdrawl of free milk for school kids and climaxing with the dire un-employment statistic of 3 million + in 1989. I remember fondly how my calcium starved frame had to negotiate a truly appauling public transport system in order to reach the rear end of a very lengthy dole queue. Armed with the pittance that was my "Giro", I would hurry back to my crime ridden council estate, (mostly full of out of work miners) where I would set about the task of trying, not only to live on my pittance, but also pay a substantial Poll Tax bill. Ahh, happy days.

Anyhow, despite being a little unerved by Margaret's aptitude for longevity, I know that time is marching on. Tick tock, tick tock....... :blink:

Welcome on board, Ninja Turnip.

And I agree, the witch will die. What a joyous day it'll be.

regards,

Hein

Having browsed these forums with both interest and amusement for some time, I found that I could be silent no longer. As this is my first post on these forums, hello all.

Back on topic.

I feel an almost personal interest in the inevitable demise of Margaret due to the painful influence that her politics had on my youth. Beginning with the withdrawl of free milk for school kids and climaxing with the dire un-employment statistic of 3 million + in 1989. I remember fondly how my calcium starved frame had to negotiate a truly appauling public transport system in order to reach the rear end of a very lengthy dole queue. Armed with the pittance that was my "Giro", I would hurry back to my crime ridden council estate, (mostly full of out of work miners) where I would set about the task of trying, not only to live on my pittance, but also pay a substantial Poll Tax bill. Ahh, happy days.

Terrible times indeed, so unlike today, when everything is tickety boo.

Guest iain

i think she might die on monday

Which particular Monday have you in mind for this momentous event, iain?

Which particular Monday have you in mind for this momentous event, iain?

I've got her down as dying either on a monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday or sunday

I still haven't narrowed down the year either

Personally I think it'll be in the 20XXs.

Personally I think it'll be in the 20XXs.

I far too drunk to be posting at all, but I'd like to think she'll spontaneously combust whilst watching the Antiques Road Show at some point after Wimbledon and before the clocks go forward.

The old crone is so strong willed she might go on in to her 90s, alive but totally gaga. I think she should be shot at dawn, tomorrow. :P

Guest iain

I THINK THERES a good chance she will die today.Its the annniversary of the death of her husband Dennis.She has found life without him very hard apparentely.Wouldnt surprise me if she had a fatal stroke on th is day.

Guest iain

failing that maybe she'll croak when we reach 666 posts on this thread.I believe this is the 657th

Guest iain

so lets try and make it 666 posts today..as u can see im doing my bit

Guest iain

just 7 more to go..come on help me with t his!

Does anyone know if David Cameron actually answered Jonathan Woss's question about whether he had sexual fantasies about Mrs T?

I'll help out such a worthy cause. Let's make this happen!

I think this is a sly attempt to boost your post count...you'd never catch me doing such a thing.