Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Dying On Your Birthday

What's yer local paper Windsor, The Smackhead Times? Please post a link, I'm sure I'm not alone in fancying reading this story.

What's yer local paper Windsor, The Smackhead Times? Please post a link, I'm sure I'm not alone in fancying reading this story.

If it's true, that might be what I call a classic life.

Aye, at the very least such a death is worthy of posting a link in our who's who of the dead not famous enough for a forum thread. Having said that I found the home page of the publishing empire behind The Fraserburgh Herald, they've got home pages for other top titles - like the Gravesend Reporter - but the smack city title doesn't appear to exist on line.

It's called the Press and Journal actually. Cheeky Bastard.

There is no online link. I would scan the article but I can't be arsed.

Aye, at the very least such a death is worthy of posting a link in our who's who of the dead not famous enough for a forum thread. Having said that I found the home page of the publishing empire behind The Fraserburgh Herald, they've got home pages for other top titles - like the Gravesend Reporter - but the smack city title doesn't appear to exist on line.

I think this is the link you are all looking for!

You might also find it here. ;)

You might also find it here. ;)

Our American deathlisters might find the little sign outside the shop amusing. Yes that's where you can find fags in this part of the world.

Guest That Unregistered Bloke

I wonder if the cause of death had anything to do with the 100 "dumps" she got?

...(thud) 99...(thud) 100!

Hip hip...hooray! Happy Birthday!

Uh-oh... ;)

Uh-oh... ;)

Are 'dumps' the same thing as bumps? :o

Uh-oh... ;)

I should jolly well hope so - in my house if someone gave you 100 dumps on your birthday, you'd give them a punch squarely on the nose.

Guest That Unregistered Bloke

Uh-oh... ;)

Quite possibly - to clarify my meaning of "dumps", it's the ritualistic punching of the birthday person's back (one punch for every year) :)

However, the jury's out on "dumping" rules - some state that they can only be inflicted upon the birthday person until 12 noon, whereas others (ie, bullies ;) ) will be more than happy to inflict them at any time during the 24 hour birthday period...

Seeing as the elderly lady in question died in the morning though, this negates the need to ascertain whether the "dumps" were legal or not! :D

You might also find it here. :P

Our American deathlisters might find the little sign outside the shop amusing. Yes that's where you can find fags in this part of the world.

So when I was in the States and after a particularly heavy night out I commented 'I got so drunk last night that I had loads of fags and now my throat is killing me' that would explain the strange looks...

If it had actually happened outside of my own head, that is.

So when I was in the States and after a particularly heavy night out I commented 'I got so drunk last night that I had loads of fags and now my throat is killing me' that would explain the strange looks...

haha.. yeah i know its not good for me, but i always have a few fags when i'm drunk as well.. at the time it seems like a great idea

haha.. yeah i know its not good for me, but i always have a few fags when i'm drunk as well.. at the time it seems like a great idea

Erm... do you realise I wasn't talking about cigarettes? Or are you being very deadpan?

If you are, sorry for doubting you, and what bars do you go to? :)

Didn't Mark Twain die on his birthday?

Dunno, I remember one of our most esteemed mods (Teddy) added a link to a thread which showed people that died on their birthday, but I cant find it, or remember which one it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_peopl...their_birthdays

Here's a list from Wikipedia, so it's probably not accurate.

No sign of Mark Twain (Nov 30 1835 - Apr 21 1910); a class selection all the same, including Raphael (37) 'Machine Gun Kelly' (59) and Kojak (72).

The deal with him (if memory serves me correctly) was that he was born on the same day as a Haley's Comet appearance and died on the next appearance. Not only that, but he predicted it too.

Dunno, I remember one of our most esteemed mods (Teddy) added a link to a thread which showed people that died on their birthday, but I cant find it, or remember which one it was.

What a good memory HCW.

The link was in this thread, many moons ago, but seems the same link that Lard Bazaar has posted.

Not exactly dying on his birthday but a party pooper all the same.

Whilst doing a bit of family research I learned about my greatx5 grandfather, Hugh Birnie.

The first thing that alerted me to him being a class one party pooper was the fact that he died on Christmas Day 1817.

Secondly he died within a year of his marriage (26 Jan 1817).

Thirdly he died about two months before the birth of his only child who was baptised 9th Feb 1818.

His son had more luck enjoying 62 years of marriage, surviving a few of his own children...

I think it was D H Lawrence who noted that we each pass the date of our death every year without being able to acknowledge it in any way. I suppose that to die on Christmas day means you've been celebrating the anniversary of your death for years.

Actor Maury Chaykin has died on his 61st birthday.

He's probably best known for playing the befuddled and incontinent Major Fambrough in Dances With Wolves,

Excellent! A 5-year hiatus we shall not have here in DL!

Dr. Bob Frankford, retired General Practitioner, former Ontario NDP MPP, Social Democrat and Activist died in Toronto on his 76th birthday on August 1, 2015. Says donations can be made to sickle cell anemia foundations, so let's make the obvious assumption re: cause of death.
Anyway, sorry to hear you're gone, Dr. Bob, but thanks for helping us break through on this thread.

(PS, didn't some lady from Sesame Street die on her birthday last year, I forgot her name, she was like 60 yrs old)

SirC

Excellent! A 5-year hiatus we shall not have here in DL!

Dr. Bob Frankford, retired General Practitioner, former Ontario NDP MPP, Social Democrat and Activist died in Toronto on his 76th birthday on August 1, 2015. Says donations can be made to sickle cell anemia foundations, so let's make the obvious assumption re: cause of death.

Anyway, sorry to hear you're gone, Dr. Bob, but thanks for helping us break through on this thread.

(PS, didn't some lady from Sesame Street die on her birthday last year, I forgot her name, she was like 60 yrs old)

SirC

Yeah it was April this year actually: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8164&p=224461.

I thought I'd looked at most threads in the Forum, good spot.