Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Dear Admins (read: @Death Impends) your emoji palate doesn’t attach when using an iPhone and hasn’t for many months.  Figured I should say something. 
While I’m here, I also have been unable to edit a post and add text for another many months - well I cannnn but when I attach text it blanks out the entire post including the original text.  One must post with faith and faith alone to see what they have in fact posted.  
I will be happy to provide photos of each issue if needed.

when I say months I mean at least 6.

SirC

Can you provide photos for further explanation?

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Can you provide photos for further explanation?

I’m an iPhone user with the first problem SC described.

^ That space above is where the emoji I selected isn’t.

Alright, sod it, I've searched for what thread I want for long enough, and some kind soul will inevitably point me:

What happens if, now, 11 months down the line, it's announced one of the list popped their clogs in December 2021? I get it's heavily unlikely, but would the DL have subs for this or would some hasty googling of "old people that won't die" occur?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

I get it's heavily unlikely............

Correct. 

How to put that thing at the bottom of the profile with your dead pools?

• Like 1

What is the purpose of "status updates" on this site? 

@Paul BearerThere is a technical error with the site atm. Yesterday I tried changing my email address but I couldn’t get the confirmation email address to come through to my new address only to finally get it working with my old one which I don’t use any more and I wish to change. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

@Paul BearerThere is a technical error with the site atm. Yesterday I tried changing my email address but I couldn’t get the confirmation email address to come through to my new address only to finally get it working with my old one which I don’t use any more and I wish to change. 

PM sent.  Your box is 98%full. 

• Like 1

Hi someone - now there are two Kill or Save threads going I'm finding that it's clogging up the whole site in terms of other posts. 

Is there a way to put threads on ignore rather than people so they don't appear in the Activity list?

Thanks, GUN

PS I loved the Kill or Save threads but managed to kick the habit - now I'm not taking part I just don't want to wade through all of those posts to find the ones I want to read.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

IMG_8030.thumb.jpeg.b8c1c9ba52317b16ddcbbb1c4213a832.jpeg

Solved.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

IMG_8030.thumb.jpeg.b8c1c9ba52317b16ddcbbb1c4213a832.jpeg

Solved.

I don't view that way though - I use the Activity tab.

11 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I don't view that way though - I use the Activity tab.

Ah. Yeah I’ve never done that; lots of uninteresting threads clogging the feed up.

15 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Hi someone - now there are two Kill or Save threads going I'm finding that it's clogging up the whole site in terms of other posts. 

Is there a way to put threads on ignore rather than people so they don't appear in the Activity list?

Thanks, GUN

PS I loved the Kill or Save threads but managed to kick the habit - now I'm not taking part I just don't want to wade through all of those posts to find the ones I want to read.

I have never looked at the activity list since I joined December 2014.  I open the bolded threads of interest and then mark the whole site ‘read’.

Edit: yeah I saw the convo after I posted.  Well, i can see the problem but I can only offer that the activity tab didn’t seem ‘efficient’ to me.  To each their own, I’m sure it gets used.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.I was banned for several hours today and have no idea as to why.Especially as my account is showing no warning points and I have had no warning points or reprimands in my 10 years on this site?I'm assuming this is just an error.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.I was banned for several hours today and have no idea as to why.Especially as my account is showing no warning points and I have had no warning points or reprimands in my 10 years on this site?I'm assuming this is just an error.

Possible that one of your IPs overlapped with one of our banned IPs? No record of any bannings on your account.

• Like 2

Same happened  to me for about a week. Very annoying. Such a shame you had to miss me. But the misery is over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since arriving at my current house I’m banned on my laptop but not on my phone, oddly. Both connected to the same house WiFi. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve got to start a new KoS thread in the next couple of days and it’s a right bitch on the phone - can’t do spoiler tags or any real text editing.

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, TQR said:

Since arriving at my current house I’m banned on my laptop but not on my phone, oddly. Both connected to the same house WiFi. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve got to start a new KoS thread in the next couple of days and it’s a right bitch on the phone - can’t do spoiler tags or any real text editing.

I’ve looked up the IP address you’re posting from.  It isn’t banned.  Maybe it’s a Kiwi thing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I’ve looked up the IP address you’re posting from.  It isn’t banned.  Maybe it’s a Kiwi thing. 

Odd. It behaved fine in Queenstown. Clearly just shits itself when more than 45 degrees south.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

57 minutes ago, TQR said:

Odd. It behaved fine in Queenstown. Clearly just shits itself when more than 45 degrees south.

The IP addresses on both posts are different.  [Sherlock Homes emoji]