Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Gerald Sim, occasionally discussed in this thread, died last Sunday and the funeral was yesterday. I'm not sure if the family have requested no press coverage or if his star had fell that far that nobody could be bothered to knock up 250 words for the BBC online, but I'm pretty sure you can cross him off 2015.

Not seeing any more on this anywhere?

I think there would at least be a mention becuase of his links to Richard Attenborough and To The Manor Born.

At least it's not Tiffany's dad from Eastenders but the other guy.

I remember him best as the ugly sister in Jim Davidsons Cinderella!

Allo Allo's Roger Kitter, probably the funniest character

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2015/01/05/21581/allo_allo_star_roger_kitter_dies?rss

Remember the character but not from when he played it.

However I do remember him doing this...

http://youtu.be/goqXf4gp9sQ

Guest Sir Creep

How were Mollie Sugden or Are You Being Served 'forgotten sitcoms' ?? What a truly stupid thread...at least in premise.

Sir Creep

How were Mollie Sugden or Are You Being Served 'forgotten sitcoms' ?? What a truly stupid thread...at least in premise.

Sir Creep

Goodbye Mrs Noah anyone?

• Like 2

She was also the oldest living former Eastenders actress.She played Nora Swann between 2005 and 2006.

Guest Guest

So just Ian Lavender and the bloke who played the vicar left then from the regular cast

Guest Guest

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Gerald Sim, occasionally discussed in this thread, died last Sunday and the funeral was yesterday. I'm not sure if the family have requested no press coverage or if his star had fell that far that nobody could be bothered to knock up 250 words for the BBC online, but I'm pretty sure you can cross him off 2015.

Did Gerald Sim die last December or was it an erogenous report?

Guest Guest

I was recently trying to think of 80s (or older) sitcoms where everyone is still alive and was surprised that Howard and Hilda from Ever Decreasing Circles are both still with us, meaning all the main cast from that are still with us.

Well that's not true now obviously. Did anyone else catch this on BBC4 earlier? It still holds up quite well. So what is the oldest sitcom where all the main cast are still with us? Red Dwarf maybe?

Never The Twain ran from 1981-91, starred Windsor Davies (b. 1930) and Donald Sinden (b. 1923), both still alive. Derek (not)Deadman also still breathing, Honor Blackman and Zara Nutley both had supporting roles at various points, also still with us

Derek Deadman no longer still breathing according to IMDB

I was recently trying to think of 80s (or older) sitcoms where everyone is still alive and was surprised that Howard and Hilda from Ever Decreasing Circles are both still with us, meaning all the main cast from that are still with us.

Well that's not true now obviously. Did anyone else catch this on BBC4 earlier? It still holds up quite well. So what is the oldest sitcom where all the main cast are still with us? Red Dwarf maybe?

Never The Twain ran from 1981-91, starred Windsor Davies (b. 1930) and Donald Sinden (b. 1923), both still alive. Derek (not)Deadman also still breathing, Honor Blackman and Zara Nutley both had supporting roles at various points, also still with us

Derek Deadman no longer still breathing according to IMDB
No shit, Sherlock.

We've discussed this in the DDP thread, I'm 100% sure he's dead but this hasn't been picked up by the press for whatever reason.

Possibly when Sheila Sim carks it the papers will find out he's also kaput.

Pamela Cundell has died aged 95 according to this forum. Can't see a mention anywhere else though.

http://www.mausoleumclubforum.org.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=0f5dbeb375a660c2e981d4e27ce68543

Dad's Army Museum say so on their website.

Is this enough for me to claim my Deathrace points?

The Dad's Army Society suggest the news has come from Frank Williams and their source is being quoted on Wiki

Pamela Cundell has died aged 95 according to this forum. Can't see a mention anywhere else though.

http://www.mausoleumclubforum.org.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=0f5dbeb375a660c2e981d4e27ce68543

The Dad's Army Society suggest the news has come from Frank Williams and their source is being quoted on Wiki

Guardian obit.

Guest Guest

Guardian obit.

Sad news.I was hoping against hope it wasn't true.But she was 95 so she had a good innings

We've discussed this in the DDP thread, I'm 100% sure he's dead but this hasn't been picked up by the press for whatever reason.

Gerald Sim Obituary, finally. Date of death 11 December 2014.

• Like 1

Gerald Sim Obituary, finally. Date of death 11 December 2014.

That's a long time for an obituary to appear. Oh well, at least I can cross him off my list as a possibility for next year.

Do we know if Stanley Lebor is defo dead?

Do we know if Stanley Lebor is defo dead?

Wiki quotes the Equity Magazine Spring 2015 (no internet link) for Derek Deadman and Stanley Lebor was supposed to be mentioned in the same article, but Wiki doesn't have him dead. All we need is a luvvie with a scanner to post the page, I guess.

Imdb has him deceased as of November.