maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

And what exactly is in any way sad about that record!

Nothing at all sad about the record! just that there is rather more of me now than there was back in my disco days

1.gif

Ah I can see that, know the feeling well!

Best regards

Syd

• Like 1

Marv Tarplin, guitarist with the Miracles and co-writer of some of Smokey Robinson's biggest solo hits has died aged 70.

Mikko Laine, guitarist for widely unknown and probably awful Finnish progressive-melancholic-metal band Sole Remedy, run over and killed by a truck as he dozed backstage.
  • Like 1

Guest Guest
Mikko Laine, guitarist for widely unknown and probably awful Finnish progressive-melancholic-metal band Sole Remedy, run over and killed by a truck as he dozed backstage.

unlucky :)

reading this actually made me laugh, at how he died.

American heavy metal guitarist and producer James Murphy is possibly suffering from a relapse of brain cancer, having originally fought the disease in 2001. He's probably not famous enough, but as he has preformed with bands called "Death" "Cancer" and "Obituary", I guessed he wouldn't mind being mentioned here.

• Like 1

American heavy metal guitarist and producer James Murphy is possibly suffering from a relapse of brain cancer, having originally fought the disease in 2001. He's probably not famous enough, but as he has preformed with bands called "Death" "Cancer" and "Obituary", I guessed he wouldn't mind being mentioned here.

Heard of all those bands from my adolescent death-metal phase, he'd probably merit a small mention

Joel 'Taz' DiGregorio, who played keyboards and sang with the Charlie Daniels Band for over forty years, has been killed in a car crash near Nashville.

He was the co-writer of their number 1 hit

Joel 'Taz' DiGregorio, who played keyboards and sang with the Charlie Daniels Band for over forty years, has been killed in a car crash near Nashville.

He was the co-writer of their number 1 hit

Chris "Sugarballs" Sprague does a good cover of that song called "Devil Went Down to the Truck Stop"

Kim Brown guitarist and vocalist of The Renegades died on Tuesday at the age of 66

Enrol at Professor Bootsy Collins's Funk University. I'm slightly disappointed to find it's a virtual establishment and not a crumbling gothic mansion tucked away in the Chilterns. Otherwise I'd have packed my '67 sunburst Mustang with rosewood fingerboard and my finest fedora and headed straight off, all y'all.

Flags are flying at half mast at the University of Funk today, following the murder of His Most Funksome Bassaliciousness, Professor Theron 'Thee Ram Jam' Brison.

Negotiations are under way to draft in guest lecturer Mark King to complete this semester's Advanced Fretless Slapping course.

bassist Gene Kurtz , co-writer of the song "Treat Her Right" has passed away at the age of 69

Ever wonder what Jamie Harding, former lead singer of mid-90s punchline Marion, has been up to the past 15 years? No? Well, he's been addicted to crack cocaine and living in poverty, while contacting blood poisoning and developing a heart murmur. He's allegedly clean now but I can imagine "a Marion reunion" is going to bring the millions flooding in, so keep 'em peeled.

Ever wonder what Jamie Harding, former lead singer of mid-90s punchline Marion, has been up to the past 15 years? No? Well, he's been addicted to crack cocaine and living in poverty, while contacting blood poisoning and developing a heart murmur. He's allegedly clean now but I can imagine "a Marion reunion" is going to bring the millions flooding in, so keep 'em peeled.

Marion? Fuck me, that takes me back. You'll be mentioning Shed 7 next...

Marion? Fuck me, that takes me back. You'll be mentioning Shed 7 next...

Shed Seven are a great band

Screamin' Kevin Mahoney, vocalist (I think calling him a singer may be taking it a bit far) with eighties hardcore punk band Siege has died of unknown causes . He was a contemporary of the similarly over excitable and also recently deceased screamer Seth Putman.;)

siege5.jpg

• Like 1

GWAR guitarist Flattus Maximus has died. He claimed to have come from a planet made entirely from cannabis called "Pot", and that he'd destroyed his home planet by smoking it all.

• Like 1