Jump to content
maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Recommended Posts

He won’t be living in his Eighties.

 

 

I’ve been informed he married a girl from Royal Oak, Michigan (10 miles from my couch) and was a resident there for a while.

 

I loved KJ and a big RIP.  Night Time was easily one of the best complete albums of the…80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

He won’t be living in his Eighties.

 

 

I’ve been informed he married a girl from Royal Oak, Michigan (10 miles from my couch) and was a resident there for a while.

 

I loved KJ and a big RIP.  Night Time was easily one of the best complete albums of the…80s

 

Nirvana certainly took note of the main riff for Eighties! But did Killing Joke themselves take it off the Damned?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Mr Big Stuff singer Jean Knight being reported Dead at 80

Who do you think you are (posting such awful news)?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Godding, guitarist and primary songwriter with the British cult pop psych group Blossom Toes, has died at 78 according to messages left by friends and family on his Facebook page. Blossom Toes weren’t very successful but their records are highly sought after today. He later played with jazz / progressive acts like the Mike Westbrook Band, Centipede and Magma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite incredible that Mr. Big Stuff never charted in the UK, and yet it’s since become a very popular song here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Quite incredible that Mr. Big Stuff never charted in the UK, and yet it’s since become a very popular song here.

Not heard her version, but the version in the film Kinky Boots.

 

Otherwise, an advertiser's staple track over the years I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Brian Godding, guitarist and primary songwriter with the British cult pop psych group Blossom Toes, has died at 78 according to messages left by friends and family on his Facebook page. Blossom Toes weren’t very successful but their records are highly sought after today. He later played with jazz / progressive acts like the Mike Westbrook Band, Centipede and Magma. 

 

 

Yeah, I'll out myself as an admirer and owner of reissued stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Reddit currently has a thread up on Michael Bolton looking ancient and being unaware of his surroundings

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/s/9kkbPLxUwX

I was actually at the taping (well in the background behind the cameras, maybe 200-300 feet away from where they were actually filming at most). His act was the only one I saw that night (or the next day) that used entirely pre-taped music, including his performance. What I could see (above the giant hedge planters and from my relatively limited vantage point) seemed to agree with this Reddit thread and my own viewing of the special last night.

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Chad Allan, the original lead singer for the Canadian rockers The Guess Who, has died at age 80

 

https://vancouversunandprovince.remembering.ca/obituary/chad-allan-1089111079


Original lead singer of The Guess Who.  Supposedly.  He left in 1966, and they hadn’t done a damned thing until Burton Cummings arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:


Original lead singer of The Guess Who.  Supposedly.  He left in 1966, and they hadn’t done a damned thing until Burton Cummings arrived.

Nobody gives a damn about them pre-Burt really. Hell, when I last saw the group, only the drummer was original (and he was drinking the entire time).. New singer was pretty good though, even if he exclusively sang their classic stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2023 at 10:18, Bibliogryphon said:

Just seen this on X

 

Denny Laine from Wings has set up a Go Fund Me page for his 'Significant Health Challenges'

 

image.png.f7b8ab74ecb0b325f7565125867f256f.png

Denny Laine being reported dead: 

Of course I need something in English and awaiting the usual.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Denny Laine being reported dead: 

Of course I need something in English and awaiting the usual.


Denny Laine is in my ears and in my eyes….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something more readable on Denny Laine: 

Obits to flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today’s also the 50th anniversary of the US release of Band On The Run, so a bit of sad timing…

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved Denny, excellent musician and songwriter. Quite sad that the man who co-wrote “Mull of Kintyre” needed a GoFundMe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Denny Laine being reported dead: 

Of course I need something in English and awaiting the usual.

 

Mike Pinder left as the last survivng original member of Moody Blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Loved Denny, excellent musician and songwriter. Quite sad that the man who co-wrote “Mull of Kintyre” needed a GoFundMe.

 

 

Aye, whatever moans he had about the slices of recording and live income from Wings, the writing dosh on that alone should have been enough to keep someone in a decent lifestyle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use