Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

On 22/06/2017 at 18:39, charon said:

Why do you check profiles ffs? Set up beyween you and MK imo....This seems like the biggest DL love affair since C'o'F and rhp wandered off paw in flipper to the Blue Oyster Bar in Coventry.

ROFLMAO emoticon (Laughing Emoticons)

• Haha 3

catrocky.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

That Penguin looks like it's about to be lunch, tbh.

• Haha 2

Dear god, someone have a word with Souza...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For lack of anywhere better to put it:

FAO Deathray: Apparently there's rumblings Derbyshire will return to Corrie imminently on social media? Because they mentioned her characters back in the country last week on the show. I only know the show through deadpooling, but you seem to like it...

On 12/30/2017 at 22:45, Deathray said:

6. Eileen Derbyshire

1 hour ago, msc said:

For lack of anywhere better to put it:

FAO Deathray: Apparently there's rumblings Derbyshire will return to Corrie imminently on social media? Because they mentioned her characters back in the country last week on the show. I only know the show through deadpooling, but you seem to like it...

I am aware of this rumour. But thanks for the thought. The more likely scenario, from the forums I hang out on - are that the writers have took the opportunity to fix one of the daftest plot-lines in the stories history of her going off to Peru (done by the previous producer and easily fixed by the new one) by ensuring that her character was returned to the country to see out her last days with her family; which also makes it easier to write Norris out for his forthcoming health problems (going to visit her, which he's just done for holiday took before Malcolm Hebden was hospitalised). It also has the added bonus of ensuring that streets residents still have a connection to her when Derbyshire does go in real life; as a character who served that long will require an in show recognition of their passing. As wonderful as it would be to have Derbyshire back as Emily, I think it's highly unlikely. She originally left for 6 months break remember (to be frank why would you if you don't watch the show?). The fan consensus seems to be, and it's one I concur with, that the intensely private woman that Eileen is she announced a 6 month break in order to leave quietly without any fanfare for her character and the myriad of associated publicity. The problem with the remedy is that we're supposed to believe the ancient Emily is the one looking after Freda when the more obvious scenario would be to say Emily was ill and Freda or Spider were looking after her! It's also worth noting that her exit scene seemed to be filmed with the cast very much viewing it as her exit in their acting unlike most break exits. 

As an aside an FAO for all deathlisters that William Roache appears to have aged significantly over the past year or so as well as develop some quiet laboured speech patterns. Initially my thought was this was because of his in character stroke, however he recently appeared on that ITV Greatest TV Moments of All Time programme (which was an abysmally formatted pile of twaddle btw) show as himself and appeared frail and almost as if he had had a real life stroke. Coronation Street has form for writing around characters long-term illnesses into the show (Bernard Youens, Peter Dudley, Bill Tarney among others). 

In the odd case anyone else on here has been watching (or more likely subjected to by a partner) the recent episodes, do we think that Luke's death could finally be the end for Phelan, I suppose we'll have to see if Eileen believes Seb or falls for Phelan's lies again but by goodness is it time they wrote him out; the guys body counts higher than any other Coronation Street serial killer now, must be time for comeuppance - no doubt with a few more bodies (I'm guessing they'll write Todd (Bruno Langley who'll never be allowed to work on Corrie again) out as a victim of Phelan after Summer's returned and Eileen's revealed him and Anna's leaving the show, no doubt he'd have her on a list of potential victims). 

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

I am aware of this rumour. But thanks for the thought. The more likely scenario, from the forums I hang out on - are that the writers have took the opportunity to fix one of the daftest plot-lines in the stories history of her going off to Peru (done by the previous producer and easily fixed by the new one) by ensuring that her character was returned to the country to see out her last days with her family; which also makes it easier to write Norris out for his forthcoming health problems (going to visit her, which he's just done for holiday took before Malcolm Hebden was hospitalised). It also has the added bonus of ensuring that streets residents still have a connection to her when Derbyshire does go in real life; as a character who served that long will require an in show recognition of their passing. As wonderful as it would be to have Derbyshire back as Emily, I think it's highly unlikely. She originally left for 6 months break remember (to be frank why would you if you don't watch the show?). The fan consensus seems to be, and it's one I concur with, that the intensely private woman that Eileen is she announced a 6 month break in order to leave quietly without any fanfare for her character and the myriad of associated publicity. The problem with the remedy is that we're supposed to believe the ancient Emily is the one looking after Freda when the more obvious scenario would be to say Emily was ill and Freda or Spider were looking after her! It's also worth noting that her exit scene seemed to be filmed with the cast very much viewing it as her exit in their acting unlike most break exits. 

As an aside an FAO for all deathlisters that William Roache appears to have aged significantly over the past year or so as well as develop some quiet laboured speech patterns. Initially my thought was this was because of his in character stroke, however he recently appeared on that ITV Greatest TV Moments of All Time programme (which was an abysmally formatted pile of twaddle btw) show as himself and appeared frail and almost as if he had had a real life stroke. Coronation Street has form for writing around characters long-term illnesses into the show (Bernard Youens, Peter Dudley, Bill Tarney among others). 

In the odd case anyone else on here has been watching (or more likely subjected to by a partner) the recent episodes, do we think that Luke's death could finally be the end for Phelan, I suppose we'll have to see if Eileen believes Seb or falls for Phelan's lies again but by goodness is it time they wrote him out; the guys body counts higher than any other Coronation Street serial killer now, must be time for comeuppance - no doubt with a few more bodies (I'm guessing they'll write Todd (Bruno Langley who'll never be allowed to work on Corrie again) out as a victim of Phelan after Summer's returned and Eileen's revealed him and Anna's leaving the show, no doubt he'd have her on a list of potential victims). 

Could you expand on that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, En Passant said:

Could you expand on that?

I could but I doubt anybody wants me too.

• Like 1

Hmm, my general view agrees that "6 month breaks" going 2 or more years is usually code for "quiet send off for ill/frail actor".  Just found the sudden press interest curious, and I don't watch soaps to know Corrie code, as it were.

The only other bit (of a quite interesting post, even if I can imagine others reacting with the same horror anytime I post a lengthy bit on Dr Who!) I can expand on is that I did see that ITV Greatest ever show, and yes, it was bollocks. Mrs msc thought Roache was looking very old, though she was also surprised as she'd thought he was only in his 70s now. I was mostly struck by how old John Cleese looks now.

5 hours ago, msc said:

Hmm, my general view agrees that "6 month breaks" going 2 or more years is usually code for "quiet send off for ill/frail actor".  Just found the sudden press interest curious, and I don't watch soaps to know Corrie code, as it were.

The only other bit (of a quite interesting post, even if I can imagine others reacting with the same horror anytime I post a lengthy bit on Dr Who!) I can expand on is that I did see that ITV Greatest ever show, and yes, it was bollocks. Mrs msc thought Roache was looking very old, though she was also surprised as she'd thought he was only in his 70s now. I was mostly struck by how old John Cleese looks now.

Be careful in making this assumption (read don't add Eileen Derbyshire to your 2019 longlist just yet), Eileen Derbyshire is a notoriously private woman, she's only giving a handful of interviews in her entire life, rarely attends awards ceremonies etc and views herself as an old school actor who manages to keep the job separate from her life. It's perfectly possible that Eileen Derbyshire is absolutely dandy and enjoying a healthy and long retirement to come and wrote herself out in this way and told bosses she was only taking a break to avoid having to do the inevitable "Goodbye Emily" tour (which would have included a documentary, appearances on all the morning TV programmes and possibly a homily at the soap awards - for someone who hates publicity a bit of a pain in the neck). 

• Like 3

I prefer Emmerdale.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I prefer Emmerdale.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear. My personal order of preference

Coronation Street

EastEnders

Casualty/Holby City

Neighbours

Home and Away

Doctors

Hollyoaks

The Archers

Emmerdale Farm

That's the UK TV shown ones only obviously; too many foreign ones to list between The Archers and Emmerdale....

I think it was the last World Cup, I turned over to ITV before a game. After 5 mins, I turned to Mrs msc and said "I don't recognise any of these Corrie actors anymore."

Said the wife: "Probably because that's actually Emmerdale."

• Like 1

Haven't watched Emmerdale since it was a Farm.

Do read the slash fiction though, so not totally out of it...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I prefer Emmerdale.

All those Northern soaps are a pile of old shit. Fucking whinging Northerners being Northern.  I’d rather suck a fart out of my own ass than watch Coronation Street. 

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

All those Northern soaps are a pile of old shit. Fucking whinging Northerners being Northern.  I’d rather suck a fart out of my own ass than watch Coronation Street. 

Feck me Lardy I think we've got a new show right there - anyone got an commissioning editor's phone number?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hollyoaks is by far the best Northern Soap, proper car crash TV, serial killers, road accidents and other stuff to call the help lines if you have been affected by the issues. I can't stop laughing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_births,_marriages_and_deaths_in_Hollyoaks

A dangerous place to live!

Hollyoaks I used to see a lot of because Mrs msc would watch it. She wasn't a fan, she just enjoyed laughing at how crap the acting was. Anyhow, there was this storyline, I forget when - probably over a decade ago now. Guy had a heart attack, and his child knew that the guy's girlfriend was poisoning him, but no one believed the kid. Anyhow, this went on for 3 weeks, and eventually he died... in a hit and run by a completely different character. That girlfriend had to be the least competent murderer in soap history.

I can't really talk, being a wrestling fan. WWE is like Eastenders with less fights.

15 hours ago, Deathray said:

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear. My personal order of preference

Coronation Street

EastEnders

Casualty/Holby City

Neighbours

Home and Away

Doctors

Hollyoaks

The Archers

Emmerdale Farm

That's the UK TV shown ones only obviously; too many foreign ones to list between The Archers and Emmerdale....

Had to watch some of these shitty shows when I lived with my Gran, I think she preferred Eastenders or Emmerdale to Coro. My parents watched Coro when I was younger so I at least feel nostalgia when watching it and recognizing some of the actors.

If I were to make a list of all the TV shows I could, these soap operas would be right near the bottom of the list, only slightly about whatever The Big Bang Theory has become in later seasons. 

In NZ we have Shortland Street which is aimed towards younger people I think, never seen an episode of it and never will. 

Come at me soap opera lovers

2 hours ago, John Key said:

Had to watch some of these shitty shows when I lived with my Gran, I think she preferred Eastenders or Emmerdale to Coro. My parents watched Coro when I was younger so I at least feel nostalgia when watching it and recognizing some of the actors.

If I were to make a list of all the TV shows I could, these soap operas would be right near the bottom of the list, only slightly about whatever The Big Bang Theory has become in later seasons. 

In NZ we have Shortland Street which is aimed towards younger people I think, never seen an episode of it and never will. 

Come at me soap opera lovers

Shortland St ran for a while here, in the afternoons, back in the 90s IIRC.

For some reason I would Fnar Fnar whenever they said 'breast' because they pronouced it 'brist'

Yeah.

57 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Shortland St ran for a while here, in the afternoons, back in the 90s IIRC.

For some reason I would Fnar Fnar whenever they said 'breast' because they pronouced it 'brist'

Yeah.

Wet dud you jest sey abit us, cuz? Sey ut to my fece

Oh....he will.....

• Like 1

On 12/01/2018 at 09:27, msc said:

The difference being that with the reconstructions there is a chance to view every episode of Doctor Who in some form, whereas barely any dvd releases have taken place of Coronation Street. How hard would it be to release for sale on a website at a per episode price?

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

The difference being that with the reconstructions there is a chance to view every episode of Doctor Who in some form, whereas barely any dvd releases have taken place of Coronation Street. How hard would it be to release for sale on a website at a per episode price?

Though in theory, every episode of Corrie can be seen one day, whereas a bunch of the junked Who's are gone forever. Even the audios lose something in translation next to the actual episode.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Though in theory, every episode of Corrie can be seen one day, whereas a bunch of the junked Who's are gone forever. Even the audios lose something in translation next to the actual episode.

In theory, though they've left it so late now that unless they clean many of them up they'll be nye on unwatchable, at least people took the opportunity to release Doctor Who's existing episodes while they were still in a good condition. And whilst the reconstructions are a bit tedious at times  at least they are available.

• Like 1