M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Just now, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

It could just be the same as before and she's caring for a relative, but the complete silence on what's happening and with no update as to when (or if) she'll be back on Corrie makes me think that there is something more to it.

I took a gamble just to make sure she is on the DDP. Incase nobody else did select her. 

• Like 1

Bill Hayes dead at 98.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

46 minutes ago, tracy said:

Bill Hayes dead at 98.

One of, if not the only, guest I know of who was interviewed by Jack Parr, Johnny Carson, and Jimmy Fallon (it may be more common than I think, but I'm not so sure). As NBC treats them all as one program, for better or worse, it means his first interview (1958) was nearly 60 years before his last, which in itself is probably a record for the show. He may have appeared with Jack Paar 3 or 5 times, depending on if you believe IMDB vs his grandson, and I can't find how many times he appeared with Johnny Carson.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Sad had a good part in Grown Ups. Nice to see Adam Sandler paid tribute.

I had no idea he was that guy. Surprisingly funny.

On 14/01/2024 at 01:56, Thatcher said:

Alec Musser, who appeared in All My Children after winning I Wanna Be A Soap Starhas died aged 50.

Obituaries: Daily MirrorDaily MailThe Sun

Alec Musser committed suicide by gunshot to the head.

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 1

Charmian Abrahams, aka Charmian Eyre, who played Mavis Hooper in Crossroads from 1981-85, at the end of a decades long career, has died after being hit by a vehicle, aged 96.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, time said:

Charmian Abrahams, aka Charmian Eyre, who played Mavis Hooper in Crossroads from 1981-85, at the end of a decades long career, has died after being hit by a vehicle, aged 96.

Miserable Mav as I recall. She got a bit brighter as a character then died of cancer.  

David Gail, best known for being on the General Hospital spinoff Port Charles and also appeared on Beverly Hills 90210 has died at age 58. 

On 31/10/2023 at 18:59, YoungWillz said:

Tyler Christopher cause of death revealed to be positional asphyxia due to acute alcohol intoxication, meaning he suffocated from the position he was in while intoxicated.

https://pagesix.com/2024/01/26/entertainment/general-hospital-star-tyler-christophers-official-cause-of-death-revealed/

Former Neighbours actor Troy Beckwith has died aged 48. He played Michael Martin in the show on and off for 6 years beteeen 1992 and 1998. The news was confirmed on Facebook by his former co - star Kim Valentine. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Richard Howard (IMDb) has died aged 79. He appeared in Emmerdale as Vicar Bob Jerome from 1979-1981.

Obituaries: The Sun

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 22:40, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Lorna Laidlaw who plays Aggie Bailey on Coronation Street has been absent since June now with no explanation behind the scenes as to where she is. In the show itself, she was in the middle of a story-line (albeit a minor one) and had no on-screen exit and as of a few weeks ago Aggie is said to be with an elderly relative and won't be returning soon.

I'm just wondering if it's another Anne Kirkbride situation, if Julie Walters is worth a punt on some of your lists maybe Lorna should be too.

In tonight’s episode she was seemingly written out off screen, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

In tonight’s episode she was seemingly written out off screen, 

That's exactly what I was thinking watching it, they've now got an excuse if she doesn't return. It's almost as if the writers know something we don't.... Timeline wise it's now been 15 months since she was making regular appearances and 7 months since she last appeared at all.

• Like 1

sounds like it was unexpected.  How terribly sad, and so young.  Prayers are with the family

Rest in peace, I say, rest in peace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

John Savident has died aged 86 .

BBC

Did he ever come out of the closet after (allegedly) molesting that young male actor?

• Facepalm 1

Fred Elliot was quite possibly my favourite Corrie character of all time, watching him on the ITV3 repeats recently has been an absolute joy. RIP to one of the greatest performers the cobbles have every seen, he was truly one of a kind, I say, one of a kind.

• Like 2

Fantastic character. RIP Fred 

I saw him once in Paris, I say I saw him once in Paris!  Down on the quay where the Bateaux Parisiens depart.

I said "Look, there's Fred Elliott from Coronation Street!"

And then we noticed some more familiar figures, and it turned out they were filming a scene for Corrie.

• Like 3