M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

American actor Nick Benedict (Wiki) who played Curtis Reed in Days of Our Lives dead at 77

Also the son of actor and director Richard Benedict

image.png.8087dae901e50de68fbeda2928b8eb3f.png

• Like 3

It's yer Barbara Knox and Thelma Barlow hanging out at the Flower Show earlier. (FAO @Gooseberry Crumble as he's a proponent of Barlow for a future DL!)

F1aVaAXWcAAe4nj?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 5

2 hours ago, msc said:

It's yer Barbara Knox and Thelma Barlow hanging out at the Flower Show earlier. (FAO @Gooseberry Crumble as he's a proponent of Barlow for a future DL!)

Featured on the ITV Evening News. Both in fine form and all their faculties. Barbara Knox also making it clear that work keeps her young and she's no intentions of retiring.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Featured on the ITV Evening News. Both in fine form and all their faculties. Barbara Knox also making it clear that work keeps her young and she's no intentions of retiring.

Is  Thelma  Stan Laurels' daughter?

13 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Thelma Barlow looks very well for 94. 

Is she Stan Laurels' daughter?

On 19/07/2023 at 17:48, msc said:

Thelma looks a lot better than I was expecting. 

Watching Corrie tonight I was surprised at how Sue Nicholls looked, she's had heavy eyes for a while now but they seem to have seriously worsened and she also seems to have gained some weight on her face which for her is quite unusual as she's always been very thin. She's 80 in November but I could see her going before Corrie's two nonagenarians (Roache & Knox). 

British actress Anita Carey (Wikidead at 77, appeared in series Doctors and Coronation Street

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

British actress Anita Carey (Wikidead at 77, appeared in series Doctors and Coronation Street

Also the daughter in law of Anna Wing.

• Like 2

American actress Nancy Frangione (Wikidead at 70

She appeared in drama series like Another World, All My Children, Matlock and One Life to Live

download.jpeg.3e9c6c8b42e6333ed2c31ca1acfeaf0e.jpeg

• Like 2

David Jacobs, creator of Dallas and Knots Landing, dead at 84.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tracy said:

David Jacobs, creator of Dallas and Knots Landing, dead at 84.

Genuine question – do you work for THR? Always seem to spot their obits almost immediately.

You’re either a contributor or you’re sat on your computer hitting the refresh button all day. :P 

I haven't quite entered my "sitting in basement hammering F5" era yet. Maybe if X ever breaks down and I lose my media list, I'll start doing it to keep up my DL reputation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long serving Corrie Writer John Stevenson has died aged 85/86. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Long serving Corrie Writer John Stevenson has died aged 85/86. 

He has quite the writing credits outside of Corrie.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He has quite the writing credits outside of Corrie.

I expect Mary's heard of him.

Doctors and other soaps Actress Diane Keen recovering after a life threatening stroke. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 22/01/2021 at 22:34, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Malcolm Hebden who plays Norris Cole in Coronation Street  has 'secretly ' retired from acting and won't return to the show.A retirement that was initially sparked by a heart attack in 2017. He says his body is not willing kind of thing. 

Malcolm well enough to make an appearance for Barbara Knox's 90th celebration. Looks to bit thinner than the last time he was on screen and is using a stick to walk. But apart from that he actually seems to be pretty good health, which was noted by Barbara herself.

The special had the scenes with Thelma Barlow at the flower show from earlier in the year, also definitely still in good health to the extent where she made note of the fact that she's still able to walk without assistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2019 at 01:39, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://michaelfairmantv.com/former-days-and-gh-star-tyler-christopher-arrested/2019/11/13/

Former American soap star Tyler Christopher of Days of our lives fame seems to be in a quite bad state health wise as a result of alcoholism. 

Tyler Christopher reportedly dead: https://people.com/tyler-christopher-dead-8385369

• Like 3

14 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

He was the winner of the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2016 and is the winner of the most recent edition of this category to die, the previous one was Billy Miller, who died on 15/Sep/2023 at the age of 43 (suicide) and He won this award in 2014, he also participated in General Hospital, as did Tyler, I didn't find the information about Billy's death here in my search, so I'll leave a link, Billy also won the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2013 and 2010, also winner of a more recent edition of this award to die, previously Kristoff St. John was winner in 2009 and died in 2019

https://michaelfairmantv.com/billy-miller-daytime-emmy-winner-gh-yr-amc-alum-dead-at-43/2023/09/16/

Reading on Facebook group that Gillian McNeill (Lynne McNeill) in Take The High Road has lost her long battle with breast cancer. 

Another one gone far too soon. 

Screenshot_20231114_172847_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

On 13/10/2023 at 21:50, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Malcolm well enough to make an appearance for Barbara Knox's 90th celebration. Looks to bit thinner than the last time he was on screen and is using a stick to walk. But apart from that he actually seems to be pretty good health, which was noted by Barbara herself.

The special had the scenes with Thelma Barlow at the flower show from earlier in the year, also definitely still in good health to the extent where she made note of the fact that she's still able to walk without assistance.

But no Eileen Derbyshire despite her being good friends with Barbara offscreen.  Definitely  someone who deadpoolers should pay more attention to when compiling their 2024 teams.

• Like 3