M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

But no Eileen Derbyshire despite her being good friends with Barbara offscreen.  Definitely  someone who deadpoolers should pay more attention to when compiling their 2024 teams.

She has very very very rarely appear on TV out of character. She would never do something like that.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 14:09, YoungWillz said:

DDP picks Louis Emerick and Dean Sullivan of Brookside fame are on Steph's Packed Lunch tomorrow.

A chance to see how they are doing.

Dean Sullivan doing very badly. Dead in fact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12807269/Dean-Sullivan-dies-aged-68-Brookside-legend-beloved-role-reckless-Jimmy-Corkhill-passes-away-five-years-diagnosed-prostate-cancer.html

• Like 3

On 08/02/2023 at 15:09, YoungWillz said:

DDP picks Louis Emerick and Dean Sullivan of Brookside fame are on Steph's Packed Lunch tomorrow.

A chance to see how they are doing.

Dean Sullivan dead at 68.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I always thought Dean Sullivan was a very good actor and he did a pretty good job of portraying descents into heroin addiction and madness.

• Like 3

Kate Keltie made her guest return to Neighbours today and not surprisingly looked pretty well. 

• Facepalm 1

On 30/11/2023 at 08:37, Octopus of Odstock said:

Looks like he's been resurrected for Celebrity Antiques Road Trip tonight.

12 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Looks like he's been resurrected for Celebrity Antiques Road Trip tonight.

Looked good for a corpse

• Like 1

Ellen Holly, long time actress on the US One Life To Live, reportedly dead aged 92: https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/news-gh/legendary-one-life-to-live-star-ellen-holly-has-passed-away/#flyout-close

Once had a romance with Harry Belafonte, another graduate from life this year.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0391400/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just been announced on ITV News that Steve Halliwell (Zak Dingle in Emmerdale) has died. 

DDP Hit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Steve Halliwell has died - just announced on ITV's 1:30pm news.

28 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Just been announced on ITV News that Steve Halliwell (Zak Dingle in Emmerdale) has died. 

DDP Hit. 

I've said on here before that he used to be seen around my home town a lot, usually eating a Greggs pasty on a bench outside a photography shop or sitting inside Morrison's Cafe. My mum once came home from work all excited because she had seen him and Mark Charnock (Marlon) in a pub as she was walking past. RIP

Sad news. Yes, about to namedrop yet again but I did used to work at Emmerdale *clang* so...  met him a number of times. Nice, unassuming bloke, had a splendid example of a classic VW campervan. RIP.

• Like 1

American actor Jack Axelrod (IMDb), who played Victor Jerome in General Hospital dead at 93

Other tv series: Grey's Anatomy, Dynasty, Dallas, The Division, Star Trek: Voyager

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American actor Jack Axelrod (IMDb), who played Victor Jerome in General Hospital dead at 93

Other tv series: Grey's Anatomy, Dynasty, Dallas, The Division, Star Trek: Voyager

DDP pick, I'm doubtful he'll get a QO.

Lorna Laidlaw who plays Aggie Bailey on Coronation Street has been absent since June now with no explanation behind the scenes as to where she is. In the show itself, she was in the middle of a story-line (albeit a minor one) and had no on-screen exit and as of a few weeks ago Aggie is said to be with an elderly relative and won't be returning soon.

I'm just wondering if it's another Anne Kirkbride situation, if Julie Walters is worth a punt on some of your lists maybe Lorna should be too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Lorna Laidlaw who plays Aggie Bailey on Coronation Street has been absent since June now with no explanation behind the scenes as to where she is. In the show itself, she was in the middle of a story-line (albeit a minor one) and had no on-screen exit and as of a few weeks ago Aggie is said to be with an elderly relative and won't be returning soon.

I'm just wondering if it's another Anne Kirkbride situation, if Julie Walters is worth a punt on some of your lists maybe Lorna should be too.

She was off for ages during covid too as she  was caring for her sick mother as I recall.

• Like 1

David Lawton (b 1923) who played Mr Booth the chef in Crossroads is continually overlooked on the lists of oldest living soapstars. Unlike many Crossroads actors (apart from Sue Nicholls who is still in Coronation Street & was the secretary in Reginald Perrin) he appeared in many other stage & TV productions.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 22:40, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

As posted elsewhere she is in my DDP team. I wonder how many others she will be on. Surely she will pop up a couple of times. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

As posted elsewhere she is in my DDP team. I wonder how many others she will be on. Surely she will pop up a couple of times. 

It could just be the same as before and she's caring for a relative, but the complete silence on what's happening and with no update as to when (or if) she'll be back on Corrie makes me think that there is something more to it.

• Like 1