M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did he ever come out of the closet after (allegedly) molesting that young male actor?

I think everyone knew after the stabbing incident but he never confirmed it as he stayed married to his wife.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did he ever come out of the closet after (allegedly) molesting that young male actor?

The stabbing? Given the chap who stabbed him is back in jail (for grooming an underage schoolgirl), and he was notorious for robbing folk at the time, that more struck as Savident picking the wrong rent boy for closeted casual sex. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, msc said:

The stabbing? Given the chap who stabbed him is back in jail (for grooming an underage schoolgirl), and he was notorious for robbing folk at the time, that more struck as Savident picking the wrong rent boy for closeted casual sex. 

I just thought they met to chat about the theatre :D

John Savident sounds like he was just as much of a character as his, well, character. Like this anecdote from Gareth Roberts, a writer who, among many things, once worked on Coronation St:

He was stocking up on some Christmas booze one year at a posh off license in the West End. Ahead of him at the counter there’s a woman placing an order. Savident thinks, "Oh damn - I’m sure I’ve worked with her in something, but for the life of me I can’t remember what, or even her name." So he tries to strike up a conversation - "Oh hello my darling, lovely to see you again!" - bit of actors’ chat. She’s polite but a bit icy. "How’s work? Doing panto this year?" he asks. "No", she replies, with a bit of a stare. She heads off. Savident thinks "Oh, bit toffee-nosed her, wish I could remember her name and what we were in together, I know that face so well" … A moment later the penny drops. "Oh God. That was Princess Margaret."

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, TQR said:

John Savident sounds like he was just as much of a character as his, well, character. Like this anecdote from Gareth Roberts, a writer who, among many things, once worked on Coronation St:

From what I have read before he wasn’t the most popular person on the Corrie set. 

• Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

From what I have read before he wasn’t the most popular person on the Corrie set. 

Cool story bro 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

ODFOD

• Like 3

On 21/01/2024 at 20:25, mollyafox said:

David Gail, best known for being on the General Hospital spinoff Port Charles and also appeared on Beverly Hills 90210 has died at age 58. 

Publicist says death of David Gail was drug related.: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/death-david-gail-beverly-hills-90210-port-charles-actor-was-drug-relat-rcna140661

Irene Skillington who had 3 roles on Coronation Street, including Connie Clayton during the 40th anniversary celebrations in 2000 (a role originally played by Susan Brown in 1985) and played 'Marilyn' on Emmerdale for 9 episodes in 1996, died on the 23rd of February.

• Like 2

Television actor Chance Perdomo, who exploded on the scene for his role as Ambrose Spellman on Netflix's Chilling Adventure of Sabrina, died at 27 years:

https://www.thewrap.com/chance-perdomo-dead/

One of his first major roles was as Jerome in the TV movie Killed By My Debt.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Television actor Chance Perdomo, who exploded on the scene for his role as Ambrose Spellman on Netflix's Chilling Adventure of Sabrina, died at 27 years:

https://www.thewrap.com/chance-perdomo-dead/

One of his first major roles was as Jerome in the TV movie Killed By My Debt.

Probably the worst thing about that The Boys spin-off series, in a packed field. RIP regardless (to someone who I don't think was ever in a soap opera).

• Like 2

I've only seen him in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and thought he was a great young actor then.

RIP.

• Like 1

Landon in After We Fell (2021), can't believe. Rest in peace so young!

• Like 1

I don’t see any soaps in his filmography. Just rushing to be the first person to post the news?

• Thanks 2

For anyone who has been following what's going on with Lorna Laidlaw, in tonight's episode of Coronation Street her character Aggie has quit her job, left her husband and won't be returning despite her onscreen reason for being absent no longer applying, with all of this being conveyed through other characters, it's now been about a year since she would have done any filming for the show and hasn't been heard from since.

3 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

For anyone who has been following what's going on with Lorna Laidlaw, in tonight's episode of Coronation Street her character Aggie has quit her job, left her husband and won't be returning despite her onscreen reason for being absent no longer applying, with all of this being conveyed through other characters, it's now been about a year since she would have done any filming for the show and hasn't been heard from since.

You are aware they are only actors playing a part? 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

You are aware they are only actors playing a part? 

Yes?? I was pointing out that she has been fully written out of the show and that still no-one knows why.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Yes?? I was pointing out that she has been fully written out of the show and that still no-one knows why.

I feel like if she had been sacked or quit in a dispute it would have been fully dealt with a lot quicker. Which points to health issues. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Neighbours and Home And Away actor Orpheus Pledger is "on the run" after an alleged assault on a woman: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13339119/Orpheus-Pledger-Manhunt-Home-Away.html

Previous arrest for drug possession.

He's 30.

Providing he can convince me that the claims against him are false, he can come hideout at mine.

orpheus-pledger.thumb.jpg.98f141d201154d8f25271ff461a0af8f.jpg

• Haha 1