football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

so if we talked about someone enough, it could warrant a newspaper obit? if he was top of the Death List, and he died - the obit guys would have to write an Obit, even if they never heard of him, they surely havent heard of Everyone.. in fact it might be possible to MAKE UP a celebrity, and a death.. all it would need would be a Wiki Obit and a bit of talk on here..

Anna Wing who was mentioned earlier in the year on this thread, is, according to imdb appearing in Son of Rambow: A Home Movie alongside Eric Sykes.

With a drama-documentary on soon and provoking a rumpus,

a serious consideration should be for Wendy Ainscow, the suicide pact

mother. It's starting to become a cause célèbre....

I think this guy had better watch his back.

After all, there does seem to be a trend regarding people who make claims against the Royal Family. I'd say he'll be 'declared insane and take his own life'.

By the way, since when were bastards allowed any place in the line of succession. It's all this PC crap isn't it?

Windsor- Surely you of all people know about Queen Elizabeth, illegitimate daughter of Henry VIII?

Curtis Salgado the original blue eyed 'Blues Brother' has liver cancer. Fundraising has begun.

Perhaps just about famous enough in the U.K. My apologies if already mentioned or already dead (I did search).

Curtis Salgado's website states that he has had a liver transplant, the operation was successful and a full recovery is expected...

Ravi Shankar, who has been mentioned in dispatches before, has been admitted to a nursing home suffering from pneumonia. His condition is said to be improving, but other recent news articles mention heart problems as well.

Guest Sophiedog

Fidel Castro - 79

Art Linkletter - 94

Ed McMahon - 83

Kirk Douglas - 90

Jack Palance - 87

Elizabeth Taylor - 74

<_<

Elliot Handler, co founder of Mattel and widower of Ruth Handler whon invented the Barbie Doll turned 90 earlier in the years. When Ruth died she got loads of UK press so I'm sure old Elliott would get an obit. No health news but looks about average for someone his age. Might be worth considering for DDP if not DL

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/ne...spx?news_id=515

Fidel Castro - 79

I'm sure there is a place for him on the lower levels

Art Linkletter - 94

Recently interviewed and always appears in good health. Even CNN's Larry King commented that his 100th birthday wouldn't be a suprise. Day by day.

Ed McMahon - 83

Why not.

Kirk Douglas - 90

Yes. It would be foolish to leave him off. He should just about be perishing. This year it was drummers, next year cowboys?

Jack Palance - 87

Jack Palence is a good actor. And would be a better Deathlist canidate. I'm actually suprised he has been left off the last couple years. 2007 is calling.

Elizabeth Taylor - 74

She will most likely drag on the years... but the risk of leaving her

off is much to great.

Professor Emeritus Robert Fagles, that well known translator of the Greek classics, is not a well man. This article says that he was diagnosed with cancer 'years ago' and he has now discovered he has Parkinsons disease.

".."I know that even when I started on 'The Iliad,' I thought I was pressing my luck. I didn't know if I would live through it"

Having read it myself, I know what he means.

Eddie Fisher, singer, entertainer, Elizabeth Taylor's fourth husband and father of Carrie Fisher hasn't been very well recently. 24 hour nursing care, wheelchair bound and unable to attend his daughter's 50th birthday party. One to keep an eye on. B)

The former rugby league player, Steve Prescott, who had a decorated career with Hull and St Helens is "desperately ill" with abdominal cancer

(I reckon that could be another one OoO has been keeping silent about!)

No.

I know nothing about rugby league either, along with US sports.

Secret candidates are from a different sport, DDT, please try harder. ;)

TV LEE'S DAD DIES OF CANCER

"Lee [Hurst], ex-star of They Think It's All Over, locked himself in his car and told police he was going to swallow 30 painkillers because he was distraught over his dad's treatment"

Shame, always used to enjoy his "cheeky chappy" style humour. Probably not going to carry it through, but maybe one to keep an eye on? Another case of a "laughter hiding the tears" type, as with many comics?

As I recall, he's always been a bit odd. Born-again Christian with some form of chronic back-pain possibly. I have deep in the dustbin of my mind, a vague memory of some godawful telethon (comic relief ?) during which he ran from one comedy club to another to play two separate gigs, being heroically unfunny at both of course.

Utterly pointless.

TV LEE'S DAD DIES OF CANCER

"Lee [Hurst], ex-star of They Think It's All Over, locked himself in his car and told police he was going to swallow 30 painkillers because he was distraught over his dad's treatment"

Shame, always used to enjoy his "cheeky chappy" style humour. Probably not going to carry it through, but maybe one to keep an eye on? Another case of a "laughter hiding the tears" type, as with many comics?

edit: I thought I remembered something about back pain

this from Wiki

"He suffers from ankylosing spondylitis, a condition which caused him great pain and ultimately resulted in his retirement from They Think It's All Over."

Though I have a strong feeling that he's been mentioned before, I couldn't find any reference and it's probably a good time to bring him back to the front anyhow - Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg.

He abdicated over 6 years ago in favour of his son, will be turning 86 on January 5 and has remained awfully quiet in recent years. That, of course, means that there's no health news out there. Does anyone know why he abdicated? Health reasons or just a desire to end the general tedium?

Another political leader not in the best of health is the President of Fiji.

Josefa Iloilo, he's 86 in december and suffers from Parkinson's disease.

Poor old Josefa is rather poorly, all the strain of a potential military coup can't be good for the old chap.

John Paul Stevens, America's oldest and longest serving Supreme Court Judge, is rumoured to be very ill.

Another Supreme Court judge, William Rehnquist, was a DeathList hit in 2005, maybe Stevens will be as obliging in 2007.

I was thinking today about: (cut and paiste from wiki)

Dickie Davies (born 30 April 1933) is a British television presenter, best known for presenting World of Sport from the late 1960s until 1985. Even after that he continued to present other sporting events, mainly boxing on ITV. In the mid 1990s he also fronted "Dickie Davies' Sporting Heroes" for Sky Television. Earlier in his career, he was an announcer on Southern Television in its early days.

Not heard anything from him in years, would think he has opted for a quiet retirement.

Brian Matthew , 78 (presenter of 'Sounds Of The Sixties') has been 'absent, ill' for the past 9 shows. Doesn't look good.

Lydia Shum, a Hong Kong actress and comedian, is rumoured to have stage-four bile duct cancer, and is suffering heart and lung exhaustion. She had already received hepatectomy surgery that removed part of her liver. She's nicknamed Fei-fei, which translates as Fatty.

She's very well known in the Far East and I think she might manage a UK obit.

Brian Matthew , 78 (presenter of 'Sounds Of The Sixties') has been 'absent, ill' for the past 9 shows. Doesn't look good.

Original presenter of the Top Gear radio show, along with John Peel....