football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Deathlist welcomes careful drivers.

When it works, the search function will bring up all manner of fascinating / useless info about your choices and their well-being.

Possibly mentioned before, but Daphne Oxenford actress and voice of Listen with Mother, is resident in Denville Hall , the home for elderly theatricals. I wonder if they have a five-a-side team that takes on the Brinsworth Boys?

Yes, I mentioned her, but for some reason my suggestion was deleted.

Guest guest

any votes for Don Vito (Vincent Margera) yet? The man is a ticking bomb.

Kirk Rundstrom, the guitarist and singer for my favourite Kansas bluegrass band, Split Lip Rayfield, is very ill with esophageal cancer. :lol:

Kirk Rundstrom, the guitarist and singer for my favourite Kansas bluegrass band, Split Lip Rayfield, is very ill with esophageal cancer. :lol:

Hmm DDT, looks terminal enough but it's not going to count is it?

Top of my possibilites for 2007 are:

Bruce Forsythe

Jimmy Tarbuck - had a heart scare when asked to dance on Strictly Come Dancing

John Simpson - liberator of Afghanistan now in Iraq - well someone must want to shoot him besides me.

Tony Blair - doesn't look well, rumour to have serious heart problem

Margaret Thatcher

Queen Elizabeth - rumoured that back problem is cover up for more serious illness.

Godot Posted Yesterday, 11:45 PM

QUOTE(DevonDeathTrip @ Nov 15 2006, 11:07 PM)

Kirk Rundstrom, the guitarist and singer for my favourite Kansas bluegrass band, Split Lip Rayfield, is very ill with esophageal cancer.

I hope not. Having just the latest hospital admittees on our lists is not the sort game we should be playing - now if a fair proportion of the public had heard of the band member before hand then fine but if a Wiki search gets a:

No page with that title exists.

You can create this page or request it.

See all pages within Wikipedia that link to this page.

See all pages that begin with this prefix.

Then this band member can be only famous for being ill - and in my book that does not count in any pools that don't call for full obits in mainstream media.

Shih Ming-teh, is a politican and former political prisoner from Taiwan. He has liver cancer.

I am certain he will get a UK obit.

Career criminal this lad, arrested in his early twenties and still plannin' sit in fun and games. I bet there's a few well placed suits rubbing their hands with glee at that diagnosis.

Kirk Rundstrom, the guitarist and singer for my favourite Kansas bluegrass band, Split Lip Rayfield, is very ill with esophageal cancer.

I hope not. Having just the latest hospital admittees on our lists is not the sort game we should be playing - now if a fair proportion of the public had heard of the band member before hand then fine but if a Wiki search gets a:

Then this band member can be only famous for being ill - and in my book that does not count in any pools that don't call for full obits in mainstream media.

Well I knew about him before he got ill, but I have got obscure muscial tastes so that doesn't count for anything. :rolleyes:

Here's one that should pass your fame credentials and get on to your spreadsheet, RA:

Jesus Polanco, billionaire business mogul and founder of Spain's biggest media company, is reportedly seriously ill. I've done a bit of googling and found out he has multiple melanomas.

He will get a UK obit.

In light of Ferenc Puskas' untimely death (i.e. before DL 2007), now would be a good time to bring Francisco "Pancho" Varallo back to the forefront of discussion.

He is 96 and reportedly the last remaining player from the 1930 World Cup Final. I think he was mentioned a couple of times back in May.

I'm not sure that I agree with this whole Wiki thing RA. Stanley Beckford, a Jamaican music legend , is battling throat cancer.

You can buy his records in the UK, he's been recording since the 1970s and yet he doesn't have a Wiki page. It can't really be argued that he is famous for his current ill health.

With two respected Economists gone this year, this has left something of a vacuum

for next year's considerations.

So how about Nobel-winning Paul Samuelson, born in 1915...

Guest Monoclinic

Ignoring the shambolic kangeroo court added to any sign of efficeincy within the legal system in Iraq. Would it be sick and unjust to suggest Mr Hussein?

If so my contributes are thus; Keith Floyd, Prince Philip, Keith Richards, Pete Doherty and June Whitfield

...and I think Ariel Sharon must enter into the Clive Dunn catagory of immortality. I mean has this guy got nine lives? Either that or the people living in the house of death (should that be deaf) can't hear him banging on the door.

Sorry it isn't too original I'm new to this game!

Kansas' Secret Santa Larry Stewart is dying of cancer.

I'm aware of the awfully questionable level of fame, but I included him for two reasons:

a) If a news story about him pops up the UK in the next few days, he'll probably get a UK obit

b ) If Laurel Hester got a UK obit, there's no reason why this fellow wouldn't...

I'm aware of the awfully questionable level of fame, but I included him for two reasons:

a) If a news story about him pops up the UK in the next few days, he'll probably get a UK obit

b ) If Laurel Hester got a UK obit, there's no reason why this fellow wouldn't...

News stories originating from the East (Hester) or West coast conurbations are far more likely to get UK coverage, that big bit in the middle gets largely ignored.

Not forgetting that Hester's story was just the sort The Guardian loves. Stewarts is rather too folksy, but given Christmas is close at hand, maybe he'll get mentioned by the red-tops on a slow newsday.

News stories originating from the East (Hester) or West coast conurbations are far more likely to get UK coverage, that big bit in the middle gets largely ignored.

Not forgetting that Hester's story was just the sort The Guardian loves. Stewarts is rather too folksy, but given Christmas is close at hand, maybe he'll get mentioned by the red-tops on a slow newsday.

Looks like the already low standards of the Guardian have been set even lower. Definitely at least possibility - though not for DL of course, but DDP and HDP deadlines are coming up...

Anybody know the specifics of Norman Painting's (Phil Archer) poor health? I know he doesn't appear in The Archers as much as he used to due to ill health, but how serious is it?

Anybody know the specifics of Norman Painting's (Phil Archer) poor health? I know he doesn't appear in The Archers as much as he used to due to ill health, but how serious is it?

A biog but nothing much in the way of health

edit:- in fact there's bugger all about his health on it

Edited by heaven can wait

Talking of radio favourites, how is Brian Matthews these days?

Regarding KC's Secret Santa Larry Stewart's chances of a UK obit, I think his story is such a good and timely one that he will become a real celebrity in the next few weeks and the Christmas season will make him someone who's obit will cross the Atlantic.

Not really a chance for 2007 but certainly worth the occassional check upon is Japanese actor Ken Watanabe. Now starting to become a well-known face in Hollywood films, he is currently working with Clint Eastwood and an article about this can be viewed here.

The piece states that Watanabe was diagnosed with leukemia in 1989 and is currently in remission. As I said, not one to get excited about just yet.

DWB :ghost:

Somewhere in this thread I mentioned George Russell Weller, the 89 year old who crashed his car into a farmer's market and killed a whole bunch of people.

Anyhow, he was found guilty but was too ill to attend the verdict reading.

Doubtful that he's famous enough in the UK, but may be good for WDP if he makes it that long, or even H's pool or the HDP.

Sentenced today, but avoids jail time because of being "confined to a sickbed" and "severe heart disease."

ok, this isn't really a proper suggestion about him being likely to die in 2007, but one might conclude the comedic career of Michael Richards, aka Kramer off Seinfeld, is pretty much teminal. However, were he to give an encore performance in, say, the streets of S. Central Los Angeles after dark, then he would become an excellent nominee.

It looks like the original clip is down from the tmz site, and I can't be bothered to log on to youtube, but I'm sure if anyone wants to see it you can find it. Here's a link in case no one knows what I'm talking about.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ertainment/home