football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

John Paul Stevens, America's oldest and longest serving Supreme Court Judge, is rumoured to be very ill.

Another Supreme Court judge, William Rehnquist, was a DeathList hit in 2005, maybe Stevens will be as obliging in 2007.

The only reason I'd be cautious with this one is:

a) It's election time

b ) This is the first news I've ever heard of him being anything but perfectly healthy

Just my two cents. Certainly wouldn't be foolish to keep an eye on him.

Guest The Dark Side

Hello.

Just reading through the suggestions for next year's list and I thought I'd mention Ferenc Puskas, Hungarian ex-footballer.

It seems he went into hospital in September. He will be 80 next year.

Other possibilties;

Bruce Forsyth - he can't keep on dancing forever can he??

Kenneth Kendall - the old newsreader - but he's been mentioned before.

and can anyone tell me if Anna Wing (played Lou Beale in Eastenders) is still alive?

Guest The Dark Side

..... and one more....

Willem Kolff born in 1911. Inventor of Haemodialysis and considered one of the most important physicians of the 20th century.

I don't think he's dead yet so at nearly 95 he must be ripe for harvest.

..... and one more....

Willem Kolff born in 1911. Inventor of Haemodialysis and considered one of the most important physicians of the 20th century.

I don't think he's dead yet so at nearly 95 he must be ripe for harvest.

Good call, haven't heard from him for a few years. ISTR I saw him at some award ceremony several years ago and he looks quite healthy then, though.

regards,

Hein

Hello.

Just reading through the suggestions for next year's list and I thought I'd mention Ferenc Puskas, Hungarian ex-footballer.

Other possibilties;

and can anyone tell me if Anna Wing (played Lou Beale in Eastenders) is still alive?

Puskas has a thread all of his own here

As does Anna Wing here. Admittedly it's been about as active as she has recently, but she is still with us at the grand old age of 92. Anna Wing is a survivor from the 1987 list, I believe.

Kenneth Kendall made the list as long ago as 1989, and disappeared the way of Wincey Willis. At 82, he probably isn't as old as people think he is.

Bruce Forsyth's appearances on Death List are akin to his appearances on TV, too frequent for my tastes. It is generally agreed that he stands more chance of being felled by one of Tarbuck's mishit drives than by age or infirmity.

Hope this answers your questions - why not come and join the fun!

Hello.

Other possibilties;

Puskas has his own thread where his current health status is being discussed.

As far as I'm aware Forsyth and Kendall are in good health although out of those two my money would be on Kendall as the first to go.

Anna Wing is still alive, I believe she's 95 at the moment and still crops up from time to time in minor roles on tv.

[Links added -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Searching under' Tweetie Bird' and found this woman. June Foray - (born September 18, 1917) is an American voice actress who has worked for most of the studios which produced animated films since the 1940s.

Charles Taylor now scheduled to stand trial in The Hague at the start of April 2007, question one is will he still be breathing by then? Assuming he is question two is, when the inevitable guilty verdict comes, will he last more than a few days?

Put it this way, I doubt he'll see sixty. Them sort don't last long in a cell.

now that Britney's divorcing him, and his fledgling rap "career" is already a total failure, the question is does Kevin Federline have the stones to top himself in '07? Sadly, he's probably too much of a loser for even that.

now that Britney's divorcing him, and his fledgling rap "career" is already a total failure, the question is does Kevin Federline have the stones to top himself in '07? Sadly, he's probably too much of a loser for even that.

Once again some poor unfortunate has the rug pulled from under him... :)

There's a short term career in being the ex Mr Britney Spears, after which I predict reality style television and the odd musical comeback. Not even an outside suicide chance. More a kind of trailer-trash Sean Penn style career from this point on, I reckon.

Sylvia Kristel, who starred in "Emmanuelle", has throat and lung cancer. :)

According to the Wiki article you posted, which I admit may mean shite, she has HAD lung & throat cancer & what she has today is a legacy of both.

But the wording of The Daily Mail article (who I concede are about as familiar with the truth as Wikipedia)

states "She is 53 now and frail from the throat cancer which spread to her lungs two years ago". Which suggested to me that she HAS rather than HAD cancer. There was nothing in the article which implied that she had beaten these ailments.

Sylvia Kristel, who starred in "Emmanuelle", has throat and lung cancer. :)

According to the Wiki article you posted, which I admit may mean shite, she has HAD lung & throat cancer & what she has today is a legacy of both.

But the wording of The Daily Mail article (who I concede are about as familiar with the truth as Wikipedia)

states "She is 53 now and frail from the throat cancer which spread to her lungs two years ago". Which suggested to me that she HAS rather than HAD cancer. There was nothing in the article which implied that she had beaten these ailments.

The wikipedia article implies that she may have conquered the cancer.

In 2002 she was treated for throat cancer, in 2004 for lung cancer.

But then again it just says she was treated for cancer, but doesn't state whether or not it was successfull.

I'm inclined to believe the latest article

Actor Kevin Stoney (Doctor Who, Blakes 7 that kind of crap) was looking rather frail on a recent documentary. We've seen that Doctor Who actors seem to do quite well out of obits so it could be a possibility. He was born 1921 btw

Bill Walsh has leukemia.

When I saw this on CNN, I thought it said Joe Walsh and I freaked out. Anyhow, not famous enough for DDP probably, but it looks a tad serious, and I'd say an almost definite CNN obit - which means it's good for HDP.

By the way, it seems strange to only tell "selected" members of the media. I'm sure the rest will find out soon enough...

Bill Walsh has leukemia.

When I saw this on CNN, I thought it said Joe Walsh and I freaked out. Anyhow, not famous enough for DDP probably, but it looks a tad serious, and I'd say an almost definite CNN obit - which means it's good for HDP.

By the way, it seems strange to only tell "selected" members of the media. I'm sure the rest will find out soon enough...

Bill Walsh is not well known in the UK, but is a NFL coaching legend in the US. He won 3 Superbowls with the San Francisco 49ers in the 1980's and was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 1993. The last couple of NFL legends who have carked it have received UK obituaries, and I am sure that in his case that trend will continue. So I would recommend him as a potential DDP pick.

My 2007 top ten is

Eric Sykes

Denis Norden

Margaret Thatcher

Norman Wisdom

Bobby Beverly (Wright) (Beverly Sisters)

Carol Channing

Humphrey Littleton

Jimmy Young

Betty Boothroyd

Max Bygraves

Sadly Jack Palance left us today without making it onto the list.

philzone Posted Today, 11:00 PM

My 2007 top ten is

Eric Sykes

Denis Norden

Margaret Thatcher

Norman Wisdom

Bobby Beverly (Wright) (Beverly Sisters)

Carol Channing

Humphrey Littleton

Jimmy Young

Betty Boothroyd

Max Bygraves

Sadly Jack Palance left us today without making it onto the list.

Hay Philzone

Nice to have you on board - but if you do post that list then you you stand a good chance of finishing dead last as most of yours picks are more than quite happy in their old age. Even Maggie may see out 2007!

Aye some contented oldsters pacing their retirement in that list.

Mrs MPFC was telling me that depression and stress can chemically alter DNA to the point that susceptibility to illness and early death can result. Obviously being northern she didn't phrase it completely that way, but supposedly it's becoming provable medical fact. Taking that into account I reckon the likes of the ageing chilled out retired rich, like Max Bygraves, may well see 100 years old.

I've just been directed to this site by a friend, and it's great! My sister & I have been playing a version of this for the last 4 years and called it "Wormfood Bingo." Here are a few from our 2006 lists who look set to hang on into 2007 (and will thus be re-nominated)...

Ernest "Airwolf" Borgnine (89)

Patrick Macnee (84 but looking a bit frail)

Dora Bryan (82)

Saddam Hussein (a fairly safe bet for 2007...my money's on February...)

Alan "Fluff" Freeman (currently in a home for retired entertainers, apparently in the Max Bygraves wing...IT'S TRUE!)

Ariel Sharon

Pope Benedict the whatever

Gary Glitter

Lord Dickie "Luvvie" Attenborough (83)

plus hardy perennials like Clive Dunn, Norman Wisdom, Baroness Lady Mrs Thatcher and Michael Foot.