Jump to content
Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Anybody think she WON’T make it to the #1 spot?

Yes, she at least gets to #2. Javier Pérez de Cuéllar is immortal!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I note that Elizabeth II is currently 27th oldest living state leader (Wiki list includes heads of state and government and both current and former).

 

Anybody think she WON’T make it to the #1 spot?

 

I think she won't or shouldn't make it to top 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to take a while, she has a lot of Drol-Blockers ahead of her on that list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eesti said:

 

I think she won't or shouldn't make it to top 50.

Too late, already 23 spots ahead of 50th place. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's not the oldest currently ruling state leader yet, ever since Malaysia elected Mahathir Mohamed last year at age 92 who will rule until 97 if he survives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She won't make it. There will be always a Khamtai Siphandon, Yang Hyong-sop or Ali Mwinyi who manages to survive her. Probably will make the top ten,  but no number one (on a side note we will be extremely lucky to get notified about Kim Yong-ju's death from NK. If it is not the case he will be granted to stay on the list till 2028 which is a difficult time for a real person like Elizabeth II to be alive. What I'm suggesting is it will never be fair and square). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, drol said:

She won't make it. There will be always a Khamtai Siphandon, Yang Hyong-sop or Ali Mwinyi who manages to survive her. Probably will make the top ten,  but no number one (on a side note we will be extremely lucky to get notified about Kim Yong-ju's death from NK. If it is not the case he will be granted to stay on the list till 2028 which is a difficult time for a real person like Elizabeth II to be alive. What I'm suggesting is it will never be fair and square). 

 

Why so sure? She’s still working, appears to be in excellent physical conditional. Of the 26 names ahead of her on the list, many have been in and out of hospitals like yo-yos and all are male. She’s the only woman. Add 4 years to life expectancy over the competition. I reckon she will do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, drol said:

She won't make it. There will be always a Khamtai Siphandon, Yang Hyong-sop or Ali Mwinyi who manages to survive her. Probably will make the top ten,  but no number one (on a side note we will be extremely lucky to get notified about Kim Yong-ju's death from NK. If it is not the case he will be granted to stay on the list till 2028 which is a difficult time for a real person like Elizabeth II to be alive. What I'm suggesting is it will never be fair and square). 

She can make something much more impressive; Be the oldest serving state leader ever. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_state_leaders_by_age

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours on social media that she's snuffed it. Most likely bollocks - i'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JQW said:

Rumours on social media that she's snuffed it. Most likely bollocks - i'll try to get to the bottom of it.


You go do that, I’ll be waiting for your findings. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JQW said:

Rumours on social media that she's snuffed it. Most likely bollocks - i'll try to get to the bottom of it.

 

Not bollocks, just a blokey in a guards watsapp with a penis profile pic......

 

seems legit :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

 

Not bollocks, just a blokey in a guards watsapp with a penis profile pic......

 

seems legit :rolleyes:

Even the facts wrong. QM death was announced in hours not a day.

And it's 8am announcement times but a morning death as this bizarre hoax is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And plus there's no way The BBC wouldn't be first with the announcement if you're referring to this bizarre tweet which appears to have started it all off!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

And plus there's no way The BBC wouldn't be first with the announcement if you're referring to this bizarre tweet which appears to have started it all off!

 

 

 

 

Actually it's seem that London Bridge implies they would get it from reuters like everyone else...

 

That's text from the Granuiad article on London Bridge....

 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

 

An interesting read (although them expediting the death of George V so he died before The Times went to press is a bit WTF....)

 

Quote

There will be bulletins from the palace – not many, but enough. “The Queen is suffering from great physical prostration, accompanied by symptoms which cause much anxiety,” announced Sir James Reid, Queen Victoria’s physician, two days before her death in 1901. “The King’s life is moving peacefully towards its close,” was the final notice issued by George V’s doctor, Lord Dawson, at 9.30pm on the night of 20 January 1936. Not long afterwards, Dawson injected the king with 750mg of morphine and a gram of cocaine – enough to kill him twice over – in order to ease the monarch’s suffering, and to have him expire in time for the printing presses of the Times, which rolled at midnight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of thoughts on this:

 

Are we sure the person with the Dickpic profile is not Prince Andrew?

The Queen's actual Death would play merry hell with the General Election

Do so many guests come on here because are bullshit detectors are finely tuned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kinnock said:

 

Actually it's seem that London Bridge implies they would get it from reuters like everyone else...

 

That's text from the Granuiad article on London Bridge....

 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

 

An interesting read (although them expediting the death of George V so he died before The Times went to press is a bit WTF....)

 

 

 

Yes, George V's doctor unilaterally decided to euthanize him without consulting the family! I mean, George was going to die inside 12 hours, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Couple of thoughts on this:

 

Are we sure the person with the Dickpic profile is not Prince Andrew?

The Queen's actual Death would play merry hell with the General Election

Do so many guests come on here because are bullshit detectors are finely tuned?

 

To be honest the death of the Queen or another royal would provide a very welcome break from the election campaign - with just over a week to go the campaign blackout would likely last until the election itself given the entire, fed up and beleaguered country a welcome break. A compassionate queen sensitive to the needs of the nation would be reaching for the barbiturates either for herself or old Phil the Greek about now. Campaigning would have to cease for a few days surely. 

 

Of course up until 1837 the death of a monarch triggered an election anyway.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's provisions in the Representing The People act pertaining to the death of a monarch, which forces a General Election to be delayed for two weeks, I believe. That's of course Boxing Day, so I presume it'll be delayed even further.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JQW said:

There's provisions in the Representing The People act pertaining to the death of a monarch, which forces a General Election to be delayed for two weeks, I believe. That's of course Boxing Day, so I presume it'll be delayed even further.

 

Yup. RotPA 1985

 

Quote

If Parliament is in recess at the time of the Monarch's death, then it is immediately recalled. Should the death occur after a dissolution but before votes have been cast at a General Election, then polling day will be postponed by a fortnight (Representation of the People Act 1985 s20), subject to those days that are disregarded by the Electoral Timetable (see Appendix 2, note

 

Theoretically aking the aggregation of FTPA 2011 which stops GEs from being bank holidays the election would be moved to the 27th December....

 

However the Election Bill circumvents the FTPA regulations so it could still be held on Boxing Day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, msc said:

 

Yes, George V's doctor unilaterally decided to euthanize him without consulting the family! I mean, George was going to die inside 12 hours, but still.

 

That Lord Dawson not only gave George V enough morphine to kill a horse, but also felt it necessary to administer a whole gram of (presumably) pure cocaine immediately afterwards, has always seemed a bit odd to me.   I guess he just wanted the boss to enjoy his final trip with a free gift.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Will probably make her live longer with fears of the future of the firm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

 

Will probably make her live longer with fears of the future of the firm. 

What difference will it make to us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, redrumours said:

What difference will it make to us?

What difference does anyone elses personal life do to you? I imagine it's a move to see if Meghan can still do anymore acting without intruding on the royal family business. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use