It's incredible how under used Davies was when it came to the big matches by the BBC. Only did 2 FA Cup finals and 1 World Cup final

Granted he did Wimbledon and the Olympics as well but even still

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

It's incredible how under used Davies was when it came to the big matches by the BBC. Only did 2 FA Cup finals and 1 World Cup final

Granted he did Wimbledon and the Olympics as well but even still

Extremely unpopular opinion follows: that's because Motty was the better football commentator.

Refreshing boldness to the England squad announcement, but I've got to be honest, the only reason I'm commenting is, against the odds, having started the season at Ewood Park, local lad Adam Wharton is somehow in the squad. Loads of plaudits after his debut the other night, Southgate clearly rates him. Amazing for the lad.

• Like 2

I think Southgate is going back to the World Cup '18 model where form is the greater factor rather than sticking with some of his old favourites, although admittedly Maguire is out through injury rather than by choice.

1 hour ago, Sly Ronnie said:

I think Southgate is going back to the World Cup '18 model where form is the greater factor rather than sticking with some of his old favourites, although admittedly Maguire is out through injury rather than by choice.

There is an argument to be made that Maguire was the most in form of the any defender likely to start even ahead of Stones and Walker who have both struggled at times season just gone. . 

Yes, you do wonder when Walker's speed is going to drop at any moment.

Anybody doing a Euro predictor thread? 

FB_IMG_1718102938346.jpg

5-1... Not going to lie, this was a much better german team than I expected.

I assume though that the one goal for Scotland will also give them enough reason to drink, so it all seems fine.

• Haha 3

Antonio Rudiger is now the joint top scorer for Scotland in European Championships history :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

West Ham won't play a league fixture outside of London until the beginning of November

My team. Means after Febuary every away match is outside of London. With the nearest being Ipswich on the last day of the season. 

• Like 1

You know you're getting old when you can clearly remember Francisco Conceição's dad Sergio scoring a hattrick in Euro 2000!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

You know you're getting old when you can clearly remember Francisco Conceição's dad Sergio scoring a hattrick in Euro 2000!

And yesterday Olivier Giroud matching Lillian Thuram's record for tournament appearances while playing with his son!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

The Portuguese Conceição are the second father and son duo to both score in a Euro after the Italian Chiesa, the father Enrico scoring against Czech Republic in Euro 1996, and the son Federico scoring against Austria and Spain in Euro 2020.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

I remember when Peter Schmeichel was one of the top goalkeepers and Kasper Schmeichel was only a few years old. Now Kasper Schmeichel is playing for Denmark like his dad for his country.

• Like 5

Loving Slovenia's knee length shorts.

That is all.

That was an utterly pathetic performance even by Southgate's standards. Never once looked like scoring after one lucky sitter for Kane, we genuinely deserved to lose that. Passing back with half the team up the pitch ffs. Zero minutes for Palmer, Mainoo or Gordon. TAA in midfield yet again for some inconceivable reason.

At least when England inevitably get knocked out again he surely won't be able to avoid the sack this time.

• Like 1

What a pile of shite that England match was. We deserved to lose. We need Jordan Pickford to become Jordan Kickford, because these pathetic tickles to players a few metres away instead of blasting the ball downfield is putting us in danger. 

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass...eventually the ball gets passed right back to Pickford, who passes it forward a few metres. Zzzz.

At least the commentators were a bit honest about the pathetic nature of our game. Glad to see them calling out Harry Kane for not making any contributions aside from waiting for tap-ins. 

• Like 2

After watching The Netherlands vs France last night, I reckon there's a decent case for VAR being crowned Player of the Tournament. His ability to prevent goals is truly awe-inspiring and he played a pivotal role in ensuring France got a point. Forget Donnarumma, VAR is clearly the best shot-stopper in the tournament.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2024 at 19:00, Katyusha said:

That was an utterly pathetic performance even by Southgate's standards. Never once looked like scoring after one lucky sitter for Kane, we genuinely deserved to lose that. Passing back with half the team up the pitch ffs. Zero minutes for Palmer, Mainoo or Gordon. TAA in midfield yet again for some inconceivable reason.

At least when England inevitably get knocked out again he surely won't be able to avoid the sack this time.

I hope he is not replaced an Argentine or a German. I think that is effectively a capitulation to the enemy. I know his style is boring but I think Dyche could actually work in international football. 

19 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

After watching The Netherlands vs France last night, I reckon there's a decent case for VAR being crowned Player of the Tournament. His ability to prevent goals is truly awe-inspiring and he played a pivotal role in ensuring France got a point. Forget Donnarumma, VAR is clearly the best shot-stopper in the tournament.

Disagree it was clearly offside.

On 20/06/2024 at 19:05, Master Obit said:

What a pile of shite that England match was. We deserved to lose. We need Jordan Pickford to become Jordan Kickford, because these pathetic tickles to players a few metres away instead of blasting the ball downfield is putting us in danger. 

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass...eventually the ball gets passed right back to Pickford, who passes it forward a few metres. Zzzz.

At least the commentators were a bit honest about the pathetic nature of our game. Glad to see them calling out Harry Kane for not making any contributions aside from waiting for tap-ins. 

No criticism by the media of Bellingham through who was pretty bad as well. The media have designated him as the one who cannot be criticised I suspect because he already won’t talk to the print media and they still trying to get interviews with him. 

In other news - saw a meme suggesting Kyle Walker's dropped for the next game because he's still busy opening his father's day presents

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

In other news - saw a meme suggesting Kyle Walker's dropped for the next game because he's still busy opening his father's day presents

His ex mistress actually turned up on Thursday with his love child . There is strong suspicion she was paid by the press to do so - she has an interview in the Daily Mail today.