Show a little love for Henri Anier tonight as DUFC get a semi !

Anier gets two today

12798884_10207369671192905_1545763073492

And the diddy team across the road are ..........

12794406_1318862221462906_13694945651436

3-1 at home to Bournemouth, a visit to Leicester coming up - that's another -4 to add to our goal difference, followed by the mackems - best case scenario a 0-0 draw, followed by Norwich city, potential 1-0 win but more likely a 0-0 draw or loss, after that Southampton, Swansea - losses or draws at best.

Interesting article in today's Observer linking performance of football teams with levels of air pollution on the days games were played.

Interesting article in today's Observer linking performance of football teams with levels of air pollution on the days games were played.

Please don't tell McClaren or his press conferences will become "we played well. we just had too much air pollution.."

Please don't tell McClaren or his press conferences will become "we played well. we just had too much air pollution.."

The gist of the research being that games played in highly polluted locales show more long passes, less pass completion etc...

I.e. there would appear to be a direct causal link between poor air quality and less inspired football.

I've got similar reservations mind, on that basis Carlisle sitting in clean air between the Lake District and the Solway should be a hotbed of total football, as should the likes of Exeter, Torquay and Grimsby.

Can't say I've noticed

• Like 1

Adam Johnson has been dropped from the first team after all that peado rapey shite.

First time he's been forced out of an 11 this season ...

Not only dropped

My nephew just told me he's no longer on FIFA 16.

The fact Steve McClaren still has a job is a damning indictment of the Newcastle United board.

Adam.jpg

In poor taste? Probably.

Couldn't suppress a sN-word though, and that's despite the fact i know so little about football I don't know who any of these players actually are.

• Like 1

Right, sweepstake on Steve McClaren's unceremonious goodbye at Newcastle, we do it on deaths we might as well do it on the death of a career.

21/03/2016 is my thoughts - day after the Derby, which we'll inevitably lose.

I'll say 6th September 2016, which I'm assuming is during the first international break of next season, when Newcastle will be about 20th in the Championship.

• Like 1

Adam Johnson has been dropped from the first team after all that peado rapey shite.

First time he's been forced out of an 11 this season ...

Not only dropped

My nephew just told me he's no longer on FIFA 16.

16 is just too high for him.

Sorry!

• Like 1

The gist of the research being that games played in highly polluted locales show more long passes, less pass completion etc...

I.e. there would appear to be a direct causal link between poor air quality and less inspired football.

I've got similar reservations mind, on that basis Carlisle sitting in clean air between the Lake District and the Solway should be a hotbed of total football, as should the likes of Exeter, Torquay and Grimsby.

Can't say I've noticed

So, nobody took the bait and mentioned Fort William, then.

• Like 3

Dagenham and Redbridge 0 vs Carlisle United 0 last night, has to count as the most turgid evening's "entertainment" in years. Two teams with shambolic defences playing head tennis for half the game.

Luckily, we saw the funny side

1782340_1015811465157159_524130206062540

• Like 1

Right, sweepstake on Steve McClaren's unceremonious goodbye at Newcastle, we do it on deaths we might as well do it on the death of a career.

Today? http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/live-newcastle-set-sack-steve-7521891

Excuse me for being cynical but I've been reading variations of that story with the manager replaced since 5.30pm on Saturday night

Hold on, if I run the song over in my head I'll get the answer;

"Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked..."

Tomorrow (11th) then

Saturday evening (12-3-16), after Leicester humiliate them.

Hold on, if I run the song over in my head I'll get the answer;

"Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked..."

Tomorrow (11th) then

If what I heard at the match on Saturday was an indicator by the prevalence of that song, he'd have been gone Sunday.

He has "five months at Leeds United" written all over him, let's be honest.

• Like 1

In other news Benitez is the rumoured replacement. Can't really see him sticking around if we do go down to be frank.

• Like 1