Crispy

Michael Jackson

Lennon, Presley, Orbison, Pitney and now Jackson. A lot of talent going before they should

Don't forget Goody.

Jackson's death certainly puts Goody's into perspective. Because of the level of coverage/hysteria surrounding Goody, there was no corresponding

difference in actual coverage to Jackson. I mean the coverage of Jacko's demise has been predictably huge, but not significantly bigger in proportion

terms of pitch than Goody, considering the level of fame which Jackson had compared to Goody...

Media outlets ought to consider this...

Hold on - I don't remember rolling breaking news coverage on CNN for Goody - on second thoughts, I didn't check though :)

Lennon, Presley, Orbison, Pitney and now Jackson. A lot of talent going before they should

Don't forget Goody.

Jackson's death certainly puts Goody's into perspective. Because of the level of coverage/hysteria surrounding Goody, there was no corresponding

difference in actual coverage to Jackson. I mean the coverage of Jacko's demise has been predictably huge, but not significantly bigger in proportion

terms of pitch than Goody, considering the level of fame which Jackson had compared to Goody...

Media outlets ought to consider this...

Hold on - I don't remember rolling breaking news coverage on CNN for Goody - on second thoughts, I didn't check though :)

OK in this country then...

Forgot to add Mercury to that list, sorry.

Forgot to add Mercury to that list, sorry.

Can I put in a word for Jim Morrison and Joe Strummer?

Guest wow

These posts are really old its 2009 michael jacksons dead!

In that case, can I put word in for Mozart?????

In that case, can I put word in for Mozart?????

not to mention Moon, Schubert, Hendrix, Joplin, Chopin, Laurie Cunningham and David Rocastle (and for that matter Roy Castle)

It makes you wonder how good a psychic Uri Geller is, considering that he was so shocked that MJ died.

Apparently Lily Allen wore a single glove during her glastonbury set as a tribute to Jacko.

Surprisingly, I never noticed :) !

Lily_1432197c.jpg

It makes you wonder how good a psychic Uri Geller is, considering that he was so shocked that MJ died.

The last I heard, Wacko gave that charlatan "the elbow". Yet, Uri*'s the first in front of the cameras for close and personal interviews.

*I believe he's an expert in bending and spooning. How appropriate.

I hope Uri swiftly follows MJ.....

How come he is immediately No 1 in all the charts? Did the record shops stock up in anticipation of his death? Did he really die two weeks ago, giving them time to stock up? Are they just inventing sales?

Surely all MJ fans own these records already and the rest of us wouldn't have his stuff anywhere near our pride and joys. So who is buying them?

How come he is immediately No 1 in all the charts? Did the record shops stock up in anticipation of his death? Did he really die two weeks ago, giving them time to stock up? Are they just inventing sales?

Surely all MJ fans own these records already and the rest of us wouldn't have his stuff anywhere near our pride and joys. So who is buying them?

I'm assuming most people bought them from the internet where there would be a larger stock. Also, most of the record shops would have had a stockpile of his albums in anticipation of his concerts.

Apparently Saint Peter has refused Jacko entry.

Heaven doesn't take plastic.

We shall see, BC. Remember what I told you about Steve Fossett.

If Michael Jackson does die within the next year, I will forever leave this site.

Bet on it.

If MJ does die, and I come back to post on this site, the mods can be ban me.

I'm willing to do that.

I found this very amusing!

Jacko has cancer!!!!

Deadpoolers have collective orgasm.

Or summat.

Either that, or the tabloids have blown up a few unimportant skin cancer cells to a massive story ahead of his gigs next month.

Nah. Jacko ain't dying and he won't be dying anytime soon.

At least the tabloids weren't trying to tease us this time. The tabloids always have a habit of making a person's illness seem worst than it is. or rather, they have a tendency of overhyping a celebrity's imminent demise within days when it turns out to be far from true (e.g., Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson, Sir Richard Attenborough, Ed McMahon, Kelsey Grammar, Robin Williams, etc.).

Found this also amusing because many on his list have died this week..... Whos next?

I'm assuming most people bought them from the internet where there would be a larger stock. Also, most of the record shops would have had a stockpile of his albums in anticipation of his concerts.

Dunno about record retailers, but Q Magazine are well on the money...

How's that for coincidence!

Ugh, that's horrible. There should have been a warning about that.

Oh those thoughts of "if only"...

Not sure on the picture - the stretcher action one would have been tempting

I was thinking of "King has Popped" headline anyway

King of Popped his clogs.

I'm surprised at the genuine grief even at a local level over Jackson's death.

I know some sick fokers, including one of my friends who made many a joke about Jade Goody when she died. Anyway, last night I was speaking to him and said I had been sent some crackers of jokes about Jackson and asked if he would like to hear them. He declined because he respects Michael Jackson.

Again at work, my boss was slagging off Michael Jackson for being a kiddie fiddler. A female member of staff - a fan of Jackson's - then went in a huff and started slagging the boss for being disrespectful.

Normally these people would laugh away at any sick celebrity jokes, but with Michael Jackson it seems to hit a nerve.

I know some sick fokers, including one of my friends who made many a joke about Jade Goody when she died. Anyway, last night I was speaking to him and said I had been sent some crackers of jokes about Jackson and asked if he would like to hear them. He declined because he respects Michael Jackson.

Again at work, my boss was slagging off Michael Jackson for being a kiddie fiddler. A female member of staff - a fan of Jackson's - then went in a huff and started slagging the boss for being disrespectful.

Normally these people would laugh away at any sick celebrity jokes, but with Michael Jackson it seems to hit a nerve.

Which reminds me Windy, I've a counter argument for you.

All these people saying "Michael may have slept with kids, but he was a fantastic singer" make me sick. You don't hear them talking about how nurturing a father Joseph Fritzel was.

Oh and just before I fetch my coat, what's the difference between Jacko and Casper?

One's white and scares children the other's a ghost.

Which reminds me Windy, I've a counter argument for you.

All these people saying "Michael may have slept with kids, but he was a fantastic singer" make me sick. You don't hear them talking about how nurturing a father Joseph Fritzel was.

Oh and just before I fetch my coat, what's the difference between Jacko and Casper?

One's white and scares children the other's a ghost.

But why? Why can't the two statements both be made?

'Michael Jackson was a fantastic singer.'

'Michael Jackson was a kiddy fiddler.'

Two entirely different and separate things. Both entirely true. Allegedly. There is of course no proof he's a fantastic singer :skull: